No announcement yet.

La Vecchia Signora compra un vecchio gioiello: Calcio Italiano 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Allegri for Simone Inzaghi would be madness. Would be even better if Mourinho sent in his CV.

Comment

Today's Gazzetta is pushing Sarri as Inzaghi's main rival (with Mihajlovic, Deschamps, and Pochettino as other possibilities), but this will run for a while.

Agnelli has this fantasy that he is going to hire Guardiola, but that ain't gonna happen until Pep wins the Champions League with City (if then)

Comment

Agnelli wouldn't meet Allegri's wage demands so how would he afford any of the above?

Comment

Allegri wanted 10 million euro p.a. I would expect that each of those above (other than Pep and maybe Pochettino) would be willing to take it for less.

Comment

Agnelli has this fantasy that he is going to hire Guardiola, but that ain't gonna happen until Pep wins the Champions League with City (if then)

wouldn't that require changing literally every single thing about Juventus from top to bottom, and cutting about 10 years off the average age of a juventus player?

Comment

They aren't wearing stripes next season, TAB. Shortly after ditching their badge in the face of massive supporter protests and leaving their ground.

Agnelli's version of the club's future is much more influenced by the NFL and NBA than anything in its heritage.

Comment

Holy shit. Is he planning on moving the whole thing to west london, Paris, or the Ruhr Valley?

Comment

That would defeat the purpose, as their best hope for being permanent members of a European Super League is to be the most popular club from a country with 60+ million television addicts.
                  Last edited by ursus arctos; 18-05-2019, 14:06.

Comment

Race for the Champions League:

3. Atlanta 37 66
                    4. Inter 37 66
                    5. Milan 37 65
                    6. Roma 37 63

Atlanta at home to Sassuolo, Inter host Empoli, and Milan away to SPAL, so rather even in terms of final fixture difficulty.
                    Last edited by Diable Rouge; 19-05-2019, 20:32.

Comment

Except that Sassuolo and SPAL have nothing to play for, while Empoli very much do not, as they are fighting to avoid the final relegation spot:

Fiorentina (40 points): Genoa (home)
                      Bologna (40): Lazio (away); Napoli (home)
                      Udinese (40): Cagliari (away)
                      Empoli (38): Inter (away)
                      Genoa (37): Fiorentina (away)

Comment

There is a lot of talk of pep guardiola going to Juventus. A lot of talk. it seems like big exciting things are going to happen at Man city in the next little while.

Comment

So much talk that the Italian SEC is conducting an investigation after Juventus' stock price increased by more than 5 percent on the rumours only to fall back below where it started by the close.

Comment

One would assume Pep would be very interested as well if UEFA manage to ban City from European competitions.

Comment

Fiorentina purchased by one Rocco Commisso a/k/a the moderately mad owner of the revived New York Cosmos for 135M euro.

Comment

Brawl breaks out between Sassuolo and Atalanta after the half time whistle. Berardi picks up a red card for his efforts.

At the half, Milan and Atalanta will qualify for the Champions League and Genoa will be going down, but that all could change in the next 45 minutes.

Comment

Atalanta look good right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                    Atalanta look good right now.

Chelsea loanee with their third.

Comment

Atalanta and Inter to the Champions League; Empoli go down.

The last 15 minutes of Inter-Empoli was absolute madness.

Comment

Well, a very poor season for Roma on the whole. At lest they finished with a win for De Rossi's last match. Of course, the season might have looked a little better if VAR had been consistent in Roma's CL matches with Porto.

I'm late to some of the discussion in this thread since I was behind on some of Roma's games and avoiding possible spoilers. Allegri is nuts to leave a guaranteed championship every year for the foreseeable future. This job will be perfect for Pep if he leaves City since he has shown to be a mirror of Jose: only take jobs where you are guaranteed a title of some kind. And I can't see City being banned from any competitions. There has not been a big club banned from any competitions. Smaller clubs (e.g., Malaga) have supposedly served as examples but no problems for the oligarchs other than transfer bans, which really doesn't matter given the depth of those clubs. Juve, for example, has a bench that is better than any other starting club lineup in the league. City has a bench that could start at almost every other top flight club in England. As much as I dislike Juve, it does seem that Duchamp's willingness to guide Juve back to Serie A after the forced relegation would merit some level of payback if he's interested in that gig.

But at the end of the day, I'm hoping Juve, Barca, Real, Bayern, City, Chelsea, and PSG form a mini super league and the rest of us can be done with this lot. League play would be a lot more interesting.

Comment

Milan (in the person of Gazidis) have confirmed that both Leonardo and Gattuso are gone.

Will be a very busy offseason in Milano.

Comment

Are Inter in better shape or looking at 3rd or 4th in their CL group, as Milan surely would have been?

Comment

Both?

Inter reportedly have hired Conte to replace Spaletti and Dzeko to replace Icardi, but none of that has been confirmed, and there are plenty of other issues with the squad that would need to be addressed. That said, at least they aren't owned by a vulture fund.

Juventus' run of eight consecutive titles reflect the disarray of their traditional rivals as much as it does their own wise management.

Comment

I think being relegated was a blessing for Juventus. They got to press restart in a major way, and managed to set themselves up to live within their means, in a way that Inter and Milan have never managed to do. Something very similar could be said for Napoli.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow you.

Napoli is eating all of DeLaurentis' profits from his awful films. They are nowhere close to living within their means.

Or did you mean to put them in with the Milanese clubs.

Comment

I don't look for transfer information and rely on posts in threads like these, but Dzeko dropped off a lot this season. I wouldn't be disappointed in Roma sold him, but Schhick has not stepped up in ways that were expected. Maybe if he plays as a lone striker as Dzeko does (did) then he might do better. But Roma seems too disjointed.

In the past I have rotated through different leagues watching games as a neutral but have less time for that these days. Since I only watch Roma, I can't speak to the general state of affairs with Napoli and Inter. Milan has been a mess for a few years so I'm surprised they did as well as they did this season. But even if Roma, Milan, Napoli, and Inter had their shit together (plus other sides that seem to threaten for a year here and a year there), I just can't see Juve being caught right now. They have stadium money, CL money, and have accumulated enough players to field two squads. And they were smart enough to pass on Schick.

At this point, many of these clubs are feeder clubs for Juve. I know Roma and Fiorentina have been.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X