X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wowzers.

Comment

FABIGOL!

Fabio Quagliarella's brace in the 4:0 defeat of Udinese means he has equalled Batistuta's record of scoring in 11 consecutive Serie A games. He is also outscoring Ronaldo - not bad for someone 5 days shy of their 36th birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post
        It completely passed me by - not difficult, to be honest - that Palermo were now under English ownership.

Last seen hurtling through the abyss that is Bolton Wanderers Football Club. Poor bastards, they'll be begging for Zamparini back.
        I hope they haven't gone to Palermo with the intention of ripping the locals off, or screwing up in any way.

Comment

Serie A UK rights have moved to Premier Sports (eir Sports 2 in Ireland) for the rest of the season - games being shown on Sunday and Monday.

https://www.premiersports.com/footba...er-sports.html
          Last edited by Diable Rouge; 30-01-2019, 13:02.

Comment

Some free games as well on their sister channel - FreeSports (ch422 on Sky, not sure about elsewhere).

Comment

Atalanta dump Juve out of the Coppa but Fiorentina 7:1 Roma rather leapt from the screen- anyone know how that came about?

Comment

The Viola were relentless and Roma capitulated

Comment

How I've missed actual telly coverage - Bologna just take the lead against Inter, and full value for it.

Comment

Why do the Inter players have Japanese script on the backs of their shirts?

Comment

Chinese.

To mark the Lunar New Year at the behest of their Chinese owners (see also Valencia yesterday).

Comment

Oreste Simonotti must be spinning in his grave.

Comment

I’m sure that the ultras who racially abused Koulibally will have a culturally nuanced take, particularly given the result

Comment

Following their 1-0 win in Cagliari, Atalanta are now a single point off of the the final Champions League qualification placing (and playing better than either Inter in 3d or Milan in 4th)

Comment

The Englishmen are out at Palermo.

That didn’t take long at all.

Comment

That would be an outstanding fly on the wall series.

Comment

Not one anyone could get insurance cover for, of course.

Comment

Hahaha. No matter how bad things get in Sunderland, they have no idea how much worse things could be.

I'm looking forward to the 8 part fly on the wall documentary about Sergio Ramos. Yes, you read that right, 8 parts.

Comment

Thread on the mess at Palermo (click through to read the whole thing)

https://twitter.com/ViciniLo/status/1092926983296729090

https://twitter.com/ViciniLo/status/1092926983296729090

Comment

Sickening that they owe money to an entity that controls the image rights of the club. Seems like starting from the bottom may be the best thing, as long as that meant that they started with a clean slate, but of course I'm sure the risk of them just fading away in the depths of Serie D is quite real.

Comment

Fantastic finish at Genoa v Lazio, in both the end to the game and the strike that won it. First Serie A game I've seen in ages and I'm tempted to get Premier Sport to see more (this was on Freesport).

Comment

Ranieri's first game since returning to Roma is looking to be a bit of a classic. 2:1 against Empoli approaching half-time and already Roma are giving a master class in inept defending, particularly from crosses. Lovely goals for Roma from El Shaarawy, rare start and goal for Schick (due no doubt to his fetching bright red alice band) and a classic OG from the ever calamity prone Juan Jesus.

Comment

Juan Jesus gave away a penalty in their loss away to SPAL. First home victory for the hosts in six months.

Comment

Sobering results of la Gazzetta's investigation into the financial condition of Serie A clubs.

(in Italian, but the graphic is relatively easy to understand: Ricavi = Revenue, Costi = Expenses, Plus/Minusvalenze = Balance on transfers of players' registrations, Risultato netto = Net Income, Debiti netti = Net Debt)

Only a couple of clubs posted positive net income, and in each case that was due to profits recorded on transfers. Not a single club had revenues exceed expenses.

And the net debt of the "Big" clubs is staggering: Inter 487 million euro; Juventus 458.1 million, Milan 301.7 million, Roma 396.2 million.

Comment

Milan's losses are astonishing.

Comment

Juventus's debt is roughly equal to its current annual income. Aside from being the most successful and popular club in Italy they also strike me as being far more professionally run than their main competitors as a business. Even the relatively mundane fact that they own their own stadium helps. Roma look the most vulnerable - that debt is twice their annual income and then there's the significant outlay that would be required for building the new stadium...eventually

Comment

Working...
                                                    X