No announcement yet.

Treble Treble, Your Face is a Mess: Scottish Fitba 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuckin hell, I'm old enough to remember MaDMAn O'Connor at Lokomotiv. fuckin Selkirk is a steep slide.

East and MidLothian surely are underachievers at "Senior" level. The likes of Musselburgh or Dunbar seem more affluent and not much smaller than fuckin Cowdenbeath or Methil. Suppose the orbit pull of Hibs and Hearts is that much greater on the bad side of the Forth but.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 19-03-2019, 23:27.

Comment

At least four of those council areas were represented in the short lived Scottish Division Three of the 1920s - Argyll & Bute (Helensburgh), East Renfrewshire (Arthurlie - also had a couple of spells in Division Two), North Lanarkshire (Beith), Scottish Borders (Peebles Rovers)

Comment

Dundee Utd finally win big game against direct rival shock. Must be cos it wasn’t on tv.
        Just prolonging the agony, no doubt.

sadly Elgin’s playoff hopes extinguished but the fight at the very bottom hots up as Berwick win (!!) against Peterhead (!!!)

Comment

Shall we ignore Thursday and have more Local Authority fact fun?
          Glasgow has had the most league teams (10) but can you name the next three with 7, 6 and 6 respectively ?

Comment

I'm going to take a punt on West Lothian - most of those old mining towns (Armadale, Whitburn, Bo'ness, Bathgate) used to have senior teams and I'd bet they'd have been in the early SFL alongside the Lanarkshire, Ayrshire and Fife coal towns.

Comment

Actually, having read that reply back, is Fife one of the "6" areas? It's still got 4 today, so maybe a couple more dropped out along the way?

Comment

Fife has had 5. The current 4 plus Lochgelly.
                West Lothian 3. Armadale, Broxburn and Livi. Bo'ness were in rhe league but is part of Falkirk these days

Comment

Edinburgh have had 4 in my lifetime, maybe a few more in the past?

Comment

Goin for Angus as well.

Comment

Edinburgh for 6. I'm counting Edinburgh City once.
                      Angus just 4.

Comment

Originally posted by AMMS View Post

I mean he was fouled, there surely isn't any debate about, is there? He 'made the most of it' as they say, but that big thug of a centre half had his arm wrapped round him. I understand why the ref didn't see it but how the compliance panel didn't see it baffles me.
                        the foul, if there was one, was marginal. He definitely made the most of it. Morelos then dived five or six times after this and the ref took no action.

Comment

I kept away from the scores and wached the BBC Alba coverage of St Mirren - Dundee this afternoon. I hadn't even sat down when Dundee took the lead after only 25 seconds and I was seriously temped to just turn it off, check the score and resign myself to certain relegation. I'm glad I perservered as we were soon level and when we took the lead, looked really in control for the rest of the match.

So Dundee now go bottom, 2 points adrift of us, and now we have Hamilton only 4 points in front. We go to Hamilton next weekend, but our record against the Accies is bloody woeful so I'll be delighted if we get a point there.

The Championship continues to be an utterly unpredictable league. Bottom-placed Alloa beat table toppers Ross County, whilst in-form Dundee Utd piss away the chance to go top by losing at home to Queen of the South, who were on a dreadful run of form. Partick's fine 3-0 win away at 6th-placed Morton means there's only 5 points separating the 'Ton with Alloa.

Comment

After the old firm match yesterday, there was a 'large-scale disturbance' right outside my workplace. Apparently at least one person was stabbed. The streets are all cordoned off this morning....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-west-47770862

FFS

Comment

Merchant City's always been odd for that type of thing though - some eye-poppingly expensive flats, above pubs and nightclubs with a surprisingly neddish clientele. The moneyed folks who live there must have to time their arrival home very carefully on Friday and Saturday nights.

Also, I note that the single most predictable sending off of the season happened in the OF game - Scott Brown was at the wind-up, and Alfredo Morelos fell for it hook, line and sinker. Good to see both of them staying in character.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                                Merchant City's always been odd for that type of thing though - some eye-poppingly expensive flats, above pubs and nightclubs with a surprisingly neddish clientele. The moneyed folks who live there must have to time their arrival home very carefully on Friday and Saturday nights.
                                Yeah it's not that far from Celtic Park, really....but I've worked here for 10 years, including quite a lot of Saturdays/Sundays, and I only recall one previous incident in all that time.

Comment

It was apparently The Strathduie which isn't exactly typical Merchant City. Last time I was in there a guy with a tracheostomy was smoking in the doorway.

Anyway, in a week of Scottish football embarrassment I've taken the heat off McLeish by forgetting Bathgate had a team.So answers before I slink away in shame
                                  6- West Dunbartonshire - Dumbarton, Renton, Vale of Leven, two Clydebanks and Dumbarton Harp
                                  7- Dumfries and Galloway - QoS, Stranraer , Annan Ath, Gretna, Nithsdale Wanderers, Solway Star and Mid-Annandale

Comment

Saw on Twitter that the odds have been slashed on Celtic appointing Roberto Martinez.

Comment

As manager? Is he that desperate?

Comment

Some big results last night in the Championship. Ross County are just about back in the Premiership after their 1-0 win over Dunfermline. Having won the Diddy Cup a couple of weeks ago, they really have made easy work of coming straight back up. Considering the rest of us seriously struggle when we go down, I'm bloody jealous they've not had to endure the same misery of staring down the barrel of League One oblivion.

But it's Alloa who are the team of the moment. Third successive win, this time away at Morton, sees the mighty Wasps climb up to 8th and 3 points clear of bottom-placed Falkirk. What a great job Jim Goodwin's doing. 4 games to go and only 4 points separate Falkrik with 6th-placed Morton, it's anyone's guess who will ocupy the last 2 spots come the end of the season. Still time for Ray McKinnon and Gary Caldwell to redeem themselves?

Comment

I’ve actually seen us a) win on tv and b) score 2 goals. Came back from 1-0 at half time with a great Safranko chest and volley. Ref was letting Ayr defence away with some nasty tackles without bookings so huge relief to finally beat them. Sends me off to Madrid with the feeling we’ll be safe in 2nd place now. Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                            As manager? Is he that desperate?
                                            well he is the spanish Brendan Rodgers.

Comment

DAMN! I was mixing him up with Roberto DeMatteo. We are absolutely going to end up with Martinez, and, we will do really well. And then, not. The usual, really.

Comment

Champions!

Comment

Stone dead last, with only 4 games to go - two of them against our bogey team Ayr United. Gary Caldwell will doubtless be bigging himself up at having got a point from champions-elect Ross County today, conveniently ignoring the fact that we really needed a win.

Comment

I'm glad the BabyHuns are in the final.

Aberdeen should probably start thinking that they can win this.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X