No announcement yet.

Treble Treble, Your Face is a Mess: Scottish Fitba 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this book as a Christmas present and am really enjoying it. Great old photos and bringing back memories of the grounds I visited following Thistle and (in my early years) getting lifted over the turnstiles.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news...-for-50-years/

Comment

That looks all kinds of excellent.

Comment

Anyone with Hibs privileges who might be able to help getting four tickets for the match against Rangers on Friday March 8th? A group of us are up for the Scotland V Wales 6N game the next day and after going. I'm on Hibernian's database but doesn't look like they'll go on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          Anyone with Hibs privileges who might be able to help getting four tickets for the match against Rangers on Friday March 8th? A group of us are up for the Scotland V Wales 6N game the next day and after going. I'm on Hibernian's database but doesn't look like they'll go on sale.
          I should be able to help you there Ray.

Comment

Thanks Torres, will PM you.

Comment

I don't watch a great deal of Scottish football, but tonight I've got Kilmarnock v Rangers on (as a better pick than another Man City rabbit killing). Now, I knew that Killie were having a good season, but what I hadn't appreciated was that they were being captained by Gary Dicker, a generally average performer at Carlisle who was chased out by Keith Curle. I'm a bit amazed, to be honest.

Comment

Timothy Weah has scored. Again.

Comment

Get in there, Killie.

Comment

I went and had a look at the Scottish newspapers, to see what they had to say.

Fucking hell, I thought the Las Vegas re**ew-j*urn*l was toxic. I felt like shit, and I don't even live there.

Comment

That's Lennon (most likely) gone. Rumour has it there was an almighty set-to during a team meeting, and Lenny's over-stepped the mark big-time.
                      Hibernian have suspended head coach Neil Lennon and it is unlikely he will take charge of the club again, the BBC learns.

Comment

He'a always been a volatile fella, but I'm sorry to see him go as I think he's greatly improved as a coach from his time when he was in charge at celtic. Hibs played some good, entertaining stuff under him and their fans better hope the board don't decide to bring back Alan Stubbs.

Comment

So that's something that Lennon and Henry have in common, other than bullets in the mail

Comment

Starting to look a big ask for The Sons. Today we saw the 2 teams below us getting good results whilst we dropped points. We're now 9th and with Stenhousemuir very close behind us.

Whats gone wrong for Dumbarton? Everything that could. We kept faith in the manager who oversaw our relegation last season as he was proven in League One. We funded him to a healthy degree and were able to bring in guys like Rory Loy, Ross Forbes and Michael Paton as well as keeping Craig Barr. Loy looked like he was struggling adapting to part time football even before his injury but right now it's questionable when, or if, we'll see him in a Sons jersey again. Not great for a guy on a 2 year contract. Ross Forbes is a passenger most Saturdays. He's capable of some magic from set pieces but if he's not got a dead ball around the edge of the box to threaten with then he isnt making the kind of killer passes that unleash forwards bearing down on goal. Paton has disappointed so far, as has our other winger Bobby Barr. Craig Barr's latest knee injury has kept him out for about 4 months.

A change of manager cost us a decent amount of compensation. Jim Duffy has a significant amount of experience and was the fans favourite for the job but so far hasn't shown any ability to turn things around. Admittedly you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear but right now there looks to be a distinct lack of professional pride in our squad. The least I'd hoped from Duffy was that he'd turn our group of players into a squad that actually cares. I don't need them to care about the club - they'll be gone in the summer as clubs at our level typically offer single season contracts (Loy excepted) - but right now there doesnt seem to be any professional pride in their own game and it's worrying when you see a group of players who look like they simply don't care.

I won't relegate us until we're mathematically assured of going down but I can't say I'll be sorry to see the back of this season from hell.

Comment

Looks like Celtic are going to win it again. Totally immoral and impractical, I know, but if only the lesser teams such as Hearts and Kilmarnock and Aberdeen could get together for a season and choose one of them to go for the title and play for the right results...

Comment

I've only looked at a couple of minutes of highlights of the match but it seems from that at least that Killie came for the point and succeeded. Bit frustrating for Aberdeen but it's not over yet - they've got Rangers at home before long and Celtic have got a bit of fixture congestion to face in mid-Feb with five matches in a fortnight (I know, not really awful, but it's a straw at which to clutch).

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post

I should be able to help you there Ray.
                                  I'm not sure you ever got my initial PM response about this as I now can't find it in the message centre. Anyway, if you didn't - thanks for the offer but I we're now sorted for the match.

Comment

Arbroath lost again. Hopefully it's just a blip.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I'm not sure you ever got my initial PM response about this as I now can't find it in the message centre. Anyway, if you didn't - thanks for the offer but I we're now sorted for the match.
                                      Got that and replied Ray. No problems lad. Let me know if you hit any problems concerning tickets.

Comment

4 penalties? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                          4 penalties? Really?
                                          Slippy G reckoned they should have had 5! Andrew Dallas will be the toast of lodges throughout Scotland tonight

Comment

Steve Clarke doesn't get irony. He was whining last night about Hearts' defensive tactics in Killie's 2-1 loss to Hearts. Last week, against Aberdeen, Clarke's Killie were set up so attacking and expansive, they managed zero shots on goal.

Comment

Wow, that's quite something isn't it? "Sir" if you please, do the Rangers fans have an inside track on Her Maj's next birthday honours list?

I'm sure it'll get a warm reception if it makes an appearance at Pittodrie tomorrow night.

Comment

"Our soldiers are nerds not criminals"???

Comment

Is he like the taig it's ok to like for the Loyal Blues?

Comment

The whole thing is f*cking appalling (I mean, who makes this shit?) but it's the Parachute Regiment insignia and "No apology, No surrender" that's got me.
                                                    These are extraordinary times we live in.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X