No announcement yet.

Treble Treble, Your Face is a Mess: Scottish Fitba 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that was a real turn-up for the books. After witnessing the home draw with Berwick last week it was pretty much all over and a play-off against EK/ Cove or Brora was on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
      That is fucked up.

(This is inappropriate, but I've literally never heard Bearsden called East Dunbartonshire. And, that's tenuous at best.)
      I think it was part of East Dunbartonshire when i left school (Boclair Academy, Bearsden) in 1996 but not sure.

Comment

That depends on what month you left school, youngster. East Dunbartonshire was created in 1996 when the local and regional councils were reorganised, they merged Bearsden and Milngavie council with Strathkelvin council to create it. East Dunbartonshire is a confusing name even for people who live there, no wonder Gerontophile is baffled. But it's currently accurate.
        Anyway, there are 32 council areas in Scotland, 10 of them don't have any senior professional football teams in playing in the top 4 leagues, name them... No Googling now!

Comment

I'm having Orkney, Shetland and the Hebrides.

Comment

Argyll and Bute, Borders and moray

Comment

East Lothian?

Comment

Sutherland and Caithness

Comment

One of the Ayrshires?

Comment

Orkney, Shetland, Na h-Eileanan Siar (what I assume you mean by 'Hebrides'), Argyll and Bute, Borders, East Lothian all correct. We've not had a Sutherland and Caithness for a while, Elgin City are in Moray. Still four to get...

Comment

I couldn't even name half of the councils, so I have no chance with this.

Comment

East Renfrewshire.

Comment

Clydesdale?

In other news, Scotland have called up Marc McNulty (trans: Ulsterman)

Comment

Originally posted by AMMS View Post
                            That depends on what month you left school, youngster. East Dunbartonshire was created in 1996 when the local and regional councils were reorganised, they merged Bearsden and Milngavie council with Strathkelvin council to create it. East Dunbartonshire is a confusing name even for people who live there, no wonder Gerontophile is baffled. But it's currently accurate.
                            Anyway, there are 32 council areas in Scotland, 10 of them don't have any senior professional football teams in playing in the top 4 leagues, name them... No Googling now!
                            I left in June of that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                              One of the Ayrshires?
                              North. Although Kilwinning Rangers are ambitious.

Midlothian
                              Last edited by KingsburySaint; 12-03-2019, 19:03. Reason: Not reading the Lothians properly

Comment

I see that the Rangers Colombian Tom Daly has failed in his appeal to get his yellow card rescinded for his first dive in the match against Aberdeen. There was no need to appeal the next 1/2 dozen dives because remarkably the ref took no action on these.

Comment

What are the ten local authorities lacking dirty Senior league action so?

Comment

I don't normally celebrate Celtic goals, but yesterday I was bloody delighted to see them get a winner deep into injury time at Dundee, especially with Hamilton beating the Jambos on Saturday.

Comment

Abedeenshire I'd imagine. City of Aberdeen's a separate council isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
                                        Abedeenshire I'd imagine. City of Aberdeen's a separate council isn't it?
                                        Isn't Peterhead in Aberdeenshire?

Comment

Aye, think yer right there NS.

Comment

Okay, here's your 'lacking senior football for now' list.
                                            Argyll and Bute (unlikely anytime soon),
                                            East Dunbartonshire (2 or 3 Junior sides that could conceivably work their way up at some point),
                                            East Lothian (probably some ex East Of Scotland side, ask RobM),
                                            East Renfrewshire (Arthurlie and Neilston in with a shout if they fancy leaving the Juniors),
                                            Midlothian (Whitehill Welfare are in the Lowland League),
                                            Na h-Eileanan Siar, Orkney, Shetland (not anytime soon...),
                                            North Ayrshire (loads of Junior sides who might fancy it)
                                            and lastly Borders (Gala Fairydean and Selkirk are in the Lowland League, perhaps after Brexit Berwick will rejoin Scotland...).

Comment

Originally posted by DPDPDPDP View Post
                                              I see that the Rangers Colombian Tom Daly has failed in his appeal to get his yellow card rescinded for his first dive in the match against Aberdeen. There was no need to appeal the next 1/2 dozen dives because remarkably the ref took no action on these.
                                              I mean he was fouled, there surely isn't any debate about, is there? He 'made the most of it' as they say, but that big thug of a centre half had his arm wrapped round him. I understand why the ref didn't see it but how the compliance panel didn't see it baffles me.

Comment

Yay, got one...

Comment

Can't recall East Lothian having an SPFL or predecessor league team.

Think the closest it's got was Preston Athletic in the Lowland League at one point.

There was also talk of setting up an East Lothian United team at one stage which would play in Prestonpans, think it was when Gretna got in that the idea was floated.

Lot of East Lothian footballers who've made the grade start up at Berwick if they go senior, they train in The Pans given that few, if any, of their players come from Berwick.

Comment

Selkirk's went under, not sure if that's it for them but the club withdrew from the Lowland this year. Usual story of somebody bankrolling them, getting bored with his toy and throwing it out the pram.

Load of history destroyed getting Gary O'Connor in and promising the Earth before withdrawing the funding.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X