FA Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    Re: Luton '59, Brendan McNally died aged 76 in 2011. 76 now would have made him younger than Paul Allen, Norman Whiteside
    So he did, apologies.

Comment

Managers then.
      1975 I think is the latest where we've lost both (Lyall and Stock).
      And I think the next year, 1976 is the earliest where both are still with us (McMenemy 82 and Docherty 91)

Comment

The 1955 FA Cup final

In full:

Pathé news reel:

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
          It was 66 years ago today.... a 'live' Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/FootballMuseum/s...10578047717377
          From that thread, Bolton's Centre-Half was M Barrass. Which feels quite appropriate for today's news concerning them...

Comment

1953: Four players out of 22 all reaching 88 is remarkable in itself. Maybe the health benefits of rationing in the North West?

Comment

Managers then.
              1975 I think is the latest where we've lost both (Lyall and Stock).
              And I think the next year, 1976 is the earliest where both are still with us (McMenemy 82 and Docherty 91)
              Correcting myself, both 1984 managers, Taylor and Kendall, are sadly no longer with us.

Comment

Very excited that we are now in "Cup Final Week". I will be watching, as usual, at 2am, here in Sydney, as a neutral and hoping for goals. I think that would mean Watford would need to score first.

Comment

Welcome to OTF, SydneyToon1. I hope you stick around.

Comment

Thanks very much. I have actually been on here off and on for 9 years (since 2010 World Cup) but lost my log-in and password and had to re-register. I posted mainly during the World Cups (and enjoying wingco's hilarious England reports) and FA Cup Final time, and also my interview with Barry Davies.

Comment

I thought I recognised the name!

Comment

Correcting myself, both 1984 managers, Taylor and Kendall, are sadly no longer with us.
                        Will there be a Taylor-Kendall tribute on Saturday (Kendall managed Man City in 1989-90)?

Comment

Who doesn't love John Barnes rapping again?

Comment

Turned over just in time for 'Abide With Me', should I know who that choir was singing it?

Comment

There were some Manchester City fans in the pub here in Harrow until half-four. It's almost as though they'd been to Wembley before...

Comment

Lots of shouts of Pently! Realised they all came from me...

Comment

Andre Marriner's doing the VAR? May as well just switch the whole thing off then.

Comment

Urban Voices Collective, Ray

No, me neither

Comment

Oh well.

Comment

Nice pic of TC with his son at Wembley on Facebook, by the way.

Comment

"What else is on " he thinks ,reaching for the remote.

Comment

Terrible goal to concede by Watford, giving it away in the middle of the park and then switching off twice and allowing Silva, then Sterling to win headers. Thought they'd rue their earlier chances.

Comment

Man City deny Man Utd a chance to sack their manager in July.
                                              Last edited by tee rex; 18-05-2019, 16:39. Reason: I got it 100% wrong, let it go, OK?

Comment

Oh double well.

Comment

Oh dear, this may be 4 or 5.

Comment

What's Bury's record Cup Final win?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X