• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah - beat me to it HO!

Comment

Wolves v Watford is a semi-final.

Comment

@NS: I always look out for it - usually in vain - so I had an advantage!

Comment

Wolves, Watford, Man City and Brighton feels like it should be a Cup semi final line up from about 1982, presented by Brian Moore on the Big Match. And the games would be played at Highbury and Villa Park.
          Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 18-03-2019, 14:34.

Comment

Man City take the lead after 5 minutes. Fabulous move, and great cross by de Bruyne.

Jesus.

Comment

I lived in Manchester in the nineties. The City fans I knew were great - shrugging their shoulders dolefully as their team teetered from calamity to catastrophe.

There seem to be a lot more cocks following City nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                I lived in Manchester in the nineties. The City fans I knew were great - shrugging their shoulders dolefully as their team teetered from calamity to catastrophe.

Which appears to be the reason travelling Man United fans are said to be more genuine, as most apparently remember the doldrum years.

Comment

Which doldrums years are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                    The hardships of a Manchester United fan are unparalleled, Ray.

Comment

I imagine Diable is referring to the last six seasons of crisis that have beset the club.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

The hardships of a Manchester United fan are unparalleled, Ray.
                        The injury season of 2015/16 as oft referred to by TAB would be one .

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          1970-1992. Man utd were usually a mid table team, when I started paying any attention to football.

I doubt that those fans Diable rouge refers to have any expectations from that time, or wisdom. They seem incapable of remembering the 2004-6 period with any great clarity, and the general consensus is that the "Man Utd way" was the way that they played in 1992-4, and not in any of the myriad other ways of playing that man utd had under ferguson.

Comment

They were briefly in Div 2 remember. If "hardship" means dropping out of the top level then, in my lifetime, only Everton and Arsenal are impervious.

Comment

If we're only talking about the traveling fans, and assuming they take about 5,000 away, that still leaves over 99.999% of Utd fans who are cocks.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                Been wracking my brains for hours, but I just cannot summon up a plausible reason for why that might be...

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

1970-1992. Man utd were usually a mid table team, when I started paying any attention to football.

I doubt that those fans Diable rouge refers to have any expectations from that time, or wisdom. They seem incapable of remembering the 2004-6 period with any great clarity, and the general consensus is that the "Man Utd way" was the way that they played in 1992-4, and not in any of the myriad other ways of playing that man utd had under ferguson.
                                  You've made what was going to my follow up point for me. I don't quite get how the relative lack of success of around 30-50 years ago (which still included four FA Cups and a European Cup-Winners Cup) is meant to inform the opinions and attitudes of Man U's current away following.

That's before we get on to the nonsense that they are "said to be more genuine" - to which I'd respond "Than who exactly?".
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 07-04-2019, 16:45.

Comment

A couple of absolutely beautiful finishes in this semi-final. Jimenez with a wonderful volley to put Wolves two up but Deulofeu has just bettered it with an amazing scooped shot to make it 2-1.

Ten minutes left, all Watford at the moment unsurprisingly.

Comment

Injury time penalty levels the game. Looked dubious to me, I think Deeney conned it out of the ref without any actual contact.

Comment

Rather than fucking around after scoring putting on a wrestling mask that is hidden behind the goal Wolves should have concentrated on keeping injury time to a minimum.

Comment

Deulofeu's goal was absolutely sublime.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

His second wasn't a bad finish either, keeper should have done better though.

Comment

Don't know how Delofeu manages to play with all that needless crap he's wearing ,it's bloody April ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                                  Wolves v Watford is a semi-final.
                                                  The most prescient post of the year so far.

Comment

Well, a proper old semi-final, was that. My late, Watford-supporting dad would've been well chuffed...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X