FA Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
    Jason Roberts and Liam Rosenior with some excellent punditry too. Good to see the Beeb discussing BAME personnel during the half time break too with them both. Unlike the twattish Savage, Owen and Sutton, good to hear articulate and reasoned opinion.
    it's good to see footballers talking like themselves, before they develop their "pundit Persona". I've read a couple of pieces by rosenior in the guardian, and he seems like a smart bloke.

Comment

A crowd of 8000? Presumably some twitchy executive is already preparing to get these games off the TV schedules.

Comment

Newport County v Man City will be live on BT Sport

Comment

So here we go. Out probably. We're an exhausted looking team haunted by recent wretched penalty decisions, that hasn't won a league match since Boxing Day. Watford OTOH are having their best season since the glory days of the 80s. Their biggest concern seems to be what kind of lube to use on us, if any.

But, hey, you never know eh? And it's the cup. If Watford field a weak team, and if we can drag the kind of performance out of ourselves we were giving back in December. Well, just maybe.

Comment

0-1 at half time from a mis-kicked goal against the run of play. I'd really like to know which God we pissed off over Christmas.

Comment

To be fair the finish wasn't any sort of mis-kick. It was, in fact, neatly taken and far from a certain goal when he hit it. But the 'set-up' was a complete shank.

Comment

I'm not interested in being fair. I want my team to win. At least Luke Freeman's far and away the best player on the pitch, with luck somebody will pay us a lot of money for him. But luck's something we haven't had much of for some time.

Comment

Not a great Cup tie, the D3 game between Sunderland amd Accrington on the other side offered more excitement.

Comment

Balls. And so we're gone

Comment

Hard luck. Watford are a decent side. At least you broke some hoodoos in the run to this round.

Comment

You're right. Truth is we just don't have the depth to compete with a decent Premier League side like Watford. Once they got the goal they basically just snuffed us out.

Comment

I too plumped for the Sunderland v Accrington game (not an anti-Rangers thing, just can't get excited about Watford).

Your lad Smyth was very good. Won a pen and scored Accrington's second.

Comment

So I heard. We' sent eight of our kids out on loan in January to get proper game day experience. I'd expect most will be in the regular squad next season, Smyth included, unless someone comes in with silly money for him of course.

Comment

Padraig Amond has scored the only goal Manchester City have conceded so far in this year's FA Cup.

Comment

Just watched Newport's heroics on MOTD. Mrs Thistle noted archly how none of the Man City players were trying to do kneeslides on the Rodney Parade pitch.

Comment

Is this brown with orange shoulders monstrosity Brentford's standard change kit?

Comment

Let's be honest.

It's

Watford v Millwall

Brighton v Palace

"City" v "United"

The other two

in the draw, isn't it?

Comment

Owing to the roar of the crowd I assumed ( I had my back to the tv) it was a goal for the home side. Impressive away following, and a nice Brentford goal too.

Comment

It helps that the home supporters haven't really shown up

Comment

Yes, true. There’s a protest here at Swansea that is targeting FA Cup games. As much as I sympathise with the fans’ motives its galling to think they might miss out on a Wembley trip as a consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            Is this brown with orange shoulders monstrosity Brentford's standard change kit?
                                            Yes, I'm a fan and think I flagged it up in this year's gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                              Yes, true. There’s a protest here at Swansea that is targeting FA Cup games. As much as I sympathise with the fans’ motives its galling to think they might miss out on a Wembley trip as a consequence.
                                              I wonder how much is an organised protest and how much is apathy due to the opponent, timing of the tie and the fact that it's live on BBC Wales. They've had a few trips to Wembley recently too.

Not that it matters, 4-1 now.

Comment

Oh no, 3-1. A very late (and inaccurate, I think) disallowal of the last goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I wonder how much is an organised protest and how much is apathy due to the opponent, timing of the tie and the fact that it's live on BBC Wales. They've had a few trips to Wembley recently too.

Not that it matters, 4-1 now.
                                                  Pretty organised from what I've read Ray. Potter is really the only thinking holding the club together at the moment and the only decent signing the club and owners have made in years.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    The Jaffa Cake kit is largely responsible for our miserable record of one away win all season.

As for the game, a brilliant first half followed by our customary 15 minutes of madness. The usual combination of poor goalkeeping and kamikaze defending.

Daniel James is very, very fast.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X