No announcement yet.

FA Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a recent thread on this, didn't we?

Comment

I think so.

I can't work out if I'm more or less arsed than before. I'm certainly more arsed about actually going to the game, and I'm more arsed than ever before about watching it rather than just getting drunk and ballooning about, but I think I'm less arsed about the results than I used to be. My chakras are aligned man. I'm zen as fuck, desensitised by Mourinho, coaxed back to life by Ole, as if he were feeding sugar water to a tired bee on the pavement outside his doubtless hygge as fuck Cheshire belt house.

Comment

Brentford at home is not the best draw we could have hoped for, but certainly not the worst. However, when four of the remaining seven balls to be drawn are Premier League sides, it's a bit galling....

Comment

It looked like an uninspiring draw until this suggestion ;

https://twitter.com/jamestingray/status/1082394748499972101

Personally, I'll be backing your lot as Brentford should have no claim on the nickname.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
            We had a recent thread on this, didn't we?
            It was here:

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...so-much-stress

Comment

Personally, I'll be backing your lot as Brentford should have no claim on the nickname.
              Well, there is that. But that's not enough to get us on telly I fear....

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                Ah, I was thinking of another one which was more “’”Do you still enjoy football”?”’ themed but thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by colinwasp View Post

Well, there is that. But that's not enough to get us on telly I fear....
                  Au contraire!
                  The FA Cup tie between Arsenal and Manchester United is one of three fourth-round matches that will be shown live on the BBC.
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-01-2019, 10:59.

Comment

Two hours of pure unfettered Nuhiu on prime time BBC1 is exactly what I pay my licence fee for. Hopefully there will be a lengthy interview with the great man, red button option to watch him sat on the bench, intricate analysis of both his goals this season etc.

From a potential matchgoing perspective that's a right pain in the arse though. There's one reasonable train back to Sheffield which would be a very late finish, or I'll have to shell out for an hotel and take some or all of Monday off work. Why can't it be at 2pm that day?

(Obviously this will all be moot when we lose the replay on Tuesday)

Comment

Unsurprisingly and not altogether unreasonably the limitations of the train service have been exposed by Middlesbrough v Newport kicking off at the absurd hour of 3pm on a Saturday. Though I’’d terminated my interest anyway upon noticing the £185 fare

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                        Unsurprisingly and not altogether unreasonably the limitations of the train service have been exposed by Middlesbrough v Newport kicking off at the absurd hour of 3pm on a Saturday. Though I’’d terminated my interest anyway upon noticing the £185 fare
                        It's not much more to fly. But you have to change planes in Amsterdam.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                          What's Chelsea's away allocation for cup ties? Asking for a friend. Although we'll lose the replay now.
                          Owls one up in the last ten minutes...

Comment

Yes Nuhiu!

Comment

Blackburn 2-2 Newcastle, going into extra time.

Comment

Shrewsbury have put a smile on my face tonight.

Comment

It's the 40th anniversary of the Shrewsbury cup run, when the MOTD cameras had to keep going back there because there were so many weather postponements. In those days of such limited telly coverage, for a fleeting moment they were one of the most familiar teams in the country.

Which is a convoluted way of saying ... cracking result.

Comment

Yes Nuhiu!
                                    I answered you question of a week or so ago, incidentally.

Comment

I think that's Shrewsbury's best result in the FA Cup for a while. 2-0 down away at a Championship club and come back to win 3-2. My dad and brother were there and I feel jealous.

Wolves in the next round as well. Flipping heck.

Comment

I haven't heard Chris Sutton much as a pundit but he is one annoying dickhead.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                          I haven't heard Chris Sutton much as a pundit but he is one annoying dickhead.
                                          I've heard him far too much on 606. And, yup.

Unfortunately he's the kind of dickhead who knows he's being a dickhead and revels in it.

Comment

PM for Nocturnal Submission.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                              Unfortunately he's the kind of dickhead who knows he's being a dickhead and revels in it.
                                              Occasionally he'll say something with which I'll agree, but I've disliked him since an occasion during his playing days when he careered into some young guy behind the goal - possibly hurting him quite badly - and didn't even so much as apologise, let alone check that the guy was okay. The twunt.

Meanwhile, viz Shrewsbury's late win at Stoke, I really need to contact a Potters-supporting friend of mine who's not in the best state. I fear that this might just push him closer to the edge.

Comment

I'd love to know who the colour man was on Three Counties Radio's coverage of Luton v Wednesday last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46884754

I think he may have been sacked following his "Corner! That's a corner! THAT'S A CORNER!" outburst as he's not heard from again.

Comment

So, the FA's latest great idea to spice up the Cup is to shift a load of games off the Saturday 3pm slot for the benefit of "overseas TV coverage". There's now a further six fixtures at 12.30pm Saturday, four at 5.30pm Saturday and six at 2pm Sunday. Including such potential ratings winners as Sheffield Wednesday - Luton, Crystal Palace - Grimsby, Millwall - Hull and Preston - TheLikesOfDoncaster. I mean, fuck those dwindling numbers of us who actually might bother to go to these games eh?

Also notice they announced it at 5pm Friday, the scheduling equivalent of "send the awkward email immediately before you go for lunch".
                                                  I wonder if this was an experiment they've quickly shelved as, apart from the games specifically chosen for full domestic broadcast, the rest of the fixtures in the Fourth Round are 3pm Saturday kick-offs?

Edit : actually Bristol City v Bolton is on the Friday evening but I would imagine that's not for TV. I presumed it was due to a clash with a rugby game at Ashton Gate but Bristol RFC are away that day.
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-01-2019, 13:11.

Comment

I'd love to know who the colour man was on Three Counties Radio's coverage of Luton v Wednesday last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46884754

I think he may have been sacked following his "Corner! That's a corner! THAT'S A CORNER!" outburst as he's not heard from again.
                                                    That's great. As is the pronunciation of Nuhiu.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X