No announcement yet.

FA Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the people who always moan about FA Cup televised games are moaning that Sunderland are televised cos a big team playing in the early rounds of the cup is of zero interest to anyone presumably?

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
      I presume from this, that the BBC are no longer doing the eight matches on a Sunday connected to Final Score thing they've done in recent seasons? I read the live game selection announcement on the BBC and there was no mention of it.
      I presumed wrong. Chorley vs Doncaster one of eight ties moved to the Sunday with a 12.45pm kick-off. Not sure what the others are.

Comment

I presumed wrong. Chorley vs Doncaster one of eight ties moved to the Sunday with a 12.45pm kick-off. Not sure what the others are.
        Shrewsbury v Salford and Mansfield v Charlton are at the same time - apparently for live overseas coverage.

https://twitter.com/mansfieldtownfc/...89771773009921

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
          I see the people who always moan about FA Cup televised games are moaning that Sunderland are televised cos a big team playing in the early rounds of the cup is of zero interest to anyone presumably?
          I'm surprised any TV people would risk going to Burslem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
            PT's pater's going to be upset.
            Yeah I won't be answering the phone for a few days.

Comment

Chorley vs Doncaster one of eight ties moved to the Sunday with a 12.45pm kick-off. Not sure what the others are.
              Shrewsbury v Salford and Mansfield v Charlton are at the same time - apparently for live overseas coverage.

https://twitter.com/mansfieldtownfc/...89771773009921
              Hitchin Town v Solihull Moors is another. Too bad there's no way an overseas fan will be able to take advantage. Still Hitchin get £12,500 broadcast fee, which isn't to be sniffed at.

Comment

Hitchin Town v Solihull Moors
                Alfreton Town v Fleetwood Town
                Weston Super Mare v Wrexham
                Aldershot Town v Bradford City
                Shrewsbury Town v Salford City

These are the games moved for BBC Final Score coverage.

Comment

Chorley vs Doncaster

Comment

Well, I can tell that tonight’s titanic televised tussle kept you all agog with excitement.

You didn’t miss much, a deflected 90th minute winner denying Haringey a replay they probably deserved for their keeper’s display alone. I am possibly the wettest I have ever been after a football match, though I have at least seen my first Dons win of the season.

Hopefully the other two ties I’ll see this weekend will be a little more entertaining.

Comment

I was impressed by Haringey's keeper too. Seems far the good for level seven. They've come a long way in a relatively short time. I watched them play Letchworth in the South Midlands League in front of about 25 people not so long ago.*

*Come to think of it, it was 17 years, whoa!

Comment

I wonder if there will be a stream available to be in the Antipodes of my old home town Magpies hosting Pompey. 11:30pm my time which would be feasible.

Comment

Chorley vs Doncaster
                          Guiseley vs Cambridge is also tomorrow at the same time, presumably for the same reason.

Comment

It seems Maidenhead have a supporter to rival Portsmouth's Cuntwithabell in the annoying twat stakes.

Comment

Can Maidstone leading Macclesfield really be classed as a "shock", given the latter's dire League form? Stockport and Oxford City certainly merit all the plaudits so far.

Comment

We've sneaked through with a lucky 90th minute goal, with Crewe's goalie smacking a clearance straight into Jamie Devitt, and the ball rebounding and rolling slowly over the line.

Comment

How did Aldershot's game go ahead?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46080496

Comment

I infer from the report that the pitch was playable at kick-off but then got worse. Aldershot scored fairly early and the ref did not to abandon it with the home side ahead. 1-1 means he kinda got away with it. Had the rain arrived earlier it would not have gone ahead.

These teams also met in 2015-16 and it went to a replay.

Billericay (National League South leaders) got a draw at Chesterfield (19th in National League)
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 10-11-2018, 20:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                      It seems Maidenhead have a supporter to rival Portsmouth's Cuntwithabell in the annoying twat stakes.

Other teams get ‘cool’ celebrity fans. Maidenhead get Timmy Mallett.

Comment

Must be the greatest win in Guiseley's history.

Comment

The BBC's use of the abbreviation WRE is irritating me. It's not that difficult: W. X. M.

Comment

Well Shrewsbury aren't out the cup yet.

Salford's wage structure is comparable if not higher.

Comment

I suspect the Beeb use WRE because it works in both English and Welsh?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                Well Shrewsbury aren't out the cup yet.

Salford's wage structure is comparable if not higher.
                                                And Salford still looked very ordinary. In fact, over hyped ordinary.

A half decent team would have beaten us today.

Comment

My dad said it was a dire game. Sounds like you weren't impressed either.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                    My dad said it was a dire game. Sounds like you weren't impressed either.
                                                    It was, played out by two poor sides.

Having said that, I witnessed one of the best saves from a 'keeper I've seen live. It's on the beeb highlights. Truly outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X