No announcement yet.

FA Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know Jay Spearing was at Blackpool.

Comment

Punch scored the not actually winning goal after all which inspired Pardew's dance in 2016. I guess everyone at Palace must think he's done as a top level player, loaning him out to a relegation rival like that

Comment

Barnet!

Comment

QPR have won a third round match at the first time of asking

Comment

Three of the PL’s bottom four knocked out now with Fulham losing at home to Fulham and the fourth could still join them as Soton have a replay at home to Derby. I wonder how many changes those clubs made in total?
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 06-01-2019, 16:50.

Comment

Congratulations to Barnet.

A team with a management that doesn't insult their opposition, doesn't insult the competition, doesn't insult the paying public, and doesn't insult their fans

Let's hope it's either the Arse or Spoz away in the next round.

Comment

Stand by for the next edition of the Guardian's "Knowledge", with a question about the highest team score where no individual player gets more than one. Prompted by Man City hitting seven in this fashion today. Feel free to get in ahead of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                  Stand by for the next edition of the Guardian's "Knowledge", with a question about the highest team score where no individual player gets more than one. Prompted by Man City hitting seven in this fashion today. Feel free to get in ahead of them.
                  When Chelsea beat Villa 8-0 in 2012 there were seven different goalscorers, Ramires getting his second in injury time. Piazon missed a penalty which, had he scored and been the eighth player to do so, would have been some sort of record, I think, other than meaning that Chelsea had equalled the biggest Premier League win and registered their biggest-ever league victory.

I'm not sure how that relates to your question but thanks for letting me get it off my chest.

Comment

Did the BBC team all go on a liquid lunch or something? The camerawork is all over the place, Shearer is barking out a series of non-sequiturs and Keown is talking about one of the Newport defenders eating the football.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      Three of the PL’s bottom four knocked out now with Fulham losing at home to Fulham...

Comment

Ha ha, though from what I hear about Fulham this season I think my error may have a basis in truth.

Comment

I tell you what, this Newport v Leicester game is a bloody cracker.

Comment

What a game

Comment

UP THE ‘PORT! Congratulations Horn.

To think I saw Newport win, but hardly dominate, at Met Police a couple of rounds ago.

Comment

Ha. It’s not all good news. I cashed in my bet at 1-0.

Comment

Great stuff from Newport. They all seem lovely. Congrats, Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                    Ten players found the net when Liverpool beat Stromsgodset 11-0 back in 1974. Brian Hall was the only outfield starting player not to score that evening.

https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/815

Phil Boersma scored twice however, so it still doesn't answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                      Ha. It’s not all good news. I cashed in my bet at 1-0.
                                      Congrats Horn, Newport thoroughly deserved the victory. Puel's insistence on using this as a training session to get hardly used players some fitness really came back to bite him. Bringing Andy King on was bizarre. Hope you get Swansea or a BRC at home next round.

Comment

Cheers nmrfox. Leicester’s team selection smacked of someone dropping their guard against a slugger then getting caught with a good ‘un. Puel had bigger fish to fry, I guess.

Comment

Apparently Oldham took 4,000 fans to Fulham today. Impressive.

Comment

Both BT sport live and MOTD manage to get Padraig Amond's name wrong, it's simple, the same as the nut yet both decided to call him aMOND, tends to be a regular thing accentuating the second syllable when with virtually all Irish names the accents on the first, call me pedantic if you like but it's fucking annoying and they don't do it with any other nationality

Comment

Newport’s printers made a bit of a hash of Christian Fuch’s name too, which might explain why no teamsheets were in evidence at the ground.

Comment

I just want to say a big thank you to HORN for sorting me a ticket for what turned out to be a fantastic game. Everything a cup tie should be, chances galore, last ditch heroics, a full ground, and the big boys getting dusted.

And I got Iwan Roberts' autograph as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  QPR have won a third round match at the first time of asking
                                                  The first since Tricky Trev's famous overhead kick against Barnsley

Comment

Seriously! It's been that long!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X