Sons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sons

Justin Kluivert has signed for Roma and from what I've heard and little I've seen he's done well in Ajax
    Federico Chiesa has looked good in Fiorentina and might be on his way to Juventus
    Jordan Larsson has struggled a bit but so did his father early on
    Giovanni Simeone has done very well in Fiorentina

Which other sons of great players are out there with potential to be more than a note in football history? Is Zidane's son already retired?

Enzo Zidane is now at Lausanne-Sport in the Swiss League.

Hagi's son was at Fiorentina, but was completely overshadowed by Simeone and Chiesa (who I expect to be better than his father).

Hagi Sr. is suing the club for some kind of malpractice as a result, but it is largely to save face.

Comment

Harry Wright, son of Richard, is currently Ipswich's third choice keeper.

This is the kind of thing you mean, right?

Comment

George Hirst has just signed for Leuven after a long running contract dispute with Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Bebeto's son that he honoured with his famous celebration plays in Portugal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post

Yup. Just like Darnell Furlong — Paul's lad — is QPR's current RB.

Comment

Yep

Comment

And very much like how Angus Gunn, son of Bryan, has been Norwich's goalkeeper this last season – though alas only on loan from Manchester City.

Comment

Neymar Sr isn't a patch on his son.

But, more seriously, Casper Schmeichel.

Comment

It’s Kasper, you and your obsession with replacing a k with a c.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                      Which other sons of great players are out there with potential to be more than a note in football history? Is Zidane's son already retired?
                      Which one? Zizou has 3 sons who’ve all been called up for France or Spain (but mostly Fra): midfielder Enzo (23), keeper Luca (20) and attacking midfielder Théo (16) who was called up for France U-16s a few weeks ago.

Timothy Weah, 18, at PSG (3 caps for the USA).

Khéphren Thuram, 17, at Monaco (France U-17).

Isaac Drogba, 17, at Guingamp (where his father signed his first top-flight contract in 2002, great partnership with Florent Malouda at the time, the Bretons finished 7th that season. The following season, with Drogba gone to Marseille and Malouda to Lyon, they were relegated).

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                        It’s Kasper, you and your obsession with replacing a k with a c.
                        At least he's not a Tottenham fan constantly referring to Eriksen with the Swedish equivalent Erikson.

Comment

Enzo is the one at Lausanne and so far the most accomplished

Comment

That's blown my mind even more than this week's super-fact about Southgate being 18 months older than Alf Ramsey was when the 1966 final was played. However, as no one I've told the latter to has shared my enthusiasm for it, I'll go easy on trying the Wright family one.

Comment

Ramsey was a member of a generation whose life experiences were etched on their faces by early middle age, at the latest.

Southgate grew up in a very different context.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Ramsey was a member of a generation whose life experiences were etched on their faces by early middle age, at the latest.

Southgate grew up in a very different context.
                                I'm aware of that, I just hadn't made the connection previously and it's a passage of time thing on my part - to me it feels like Southgate hasn't long finished playing. Similarly it doesn't feel that long since Andy Murray arrived on the scene as a gangly youth, and now he's possibly played his last Wimbledon as a serious contender.

Comment

David Herd, who went on to play for Arsenal and Manchester United, debuted for Stockport County in 1951 in the same team as his father Alex, who was finishing his career there after playing for Manchester City.

Comment

Nahuel Gallardo is a 20-year-old centre back who's been included in River Plate's first team squad for their current pre-season, meaning he might make his official debut for the club before long. If he does, he'll be being managed by his dad, Marcelo.

There are a few others in Argentine football at the moment as well, but it's 3am and I've had a few fernets so I can't remember them at present.

Comment

There's actually a fourth zidane child in the real madrid academy.

would Zidane be a top flight footballer if he were 20 today?

Comment

Probably on Chelsea's books, out on loan at Brentford.

Comment

I still love this video.

Alex Bruce, 33, is expected to be in Wigan's team for their return to the Championship. Tom Ince, 26, and (of course) Kasper Schmeichel, 31, are in the Premier League with Huddersfield and Leicester respectively.

Comment

Fingers crossed Andre Dozzell (son of Jason) will be back to full fitness for Ipswich for the new season, too. He scored on his full Ipswich debut, aged 16 - just as his father did. But he missed the entire 2017-18 season through an injury in the first game.

Comment

We currently have three sons of former players, managers or famous fans on our books:

Jay Sheridan (son of John) - full back, looks reasonable. Think he may have been offered a permanent deal.
                                              Harry Robinson (son of Steve) - second year scholar, think he's a winger. No idea if any good.
                                              Ryan Scholes-Beard (son [stepson?] of Paul) - second year scholar, already had a call-up to the first team.

Comment

https://www.football-italia.net/1249...gudjohnsen-son

Serie B club Spezia have completed the signing of Sveinn Aaron Gudjohnsen, son of former Chelsea and Barcelona man Eidur.

The 20-year-old, who is a former Iceland U19 international, moves to Italy from Icelandic club Breidablik.

He has previously spent time as a youth player at Barcelona, while his father played for the Camp Nou side’s first team.

Having since returned to his homeland, Gudjohnsen Jr now joins the club who finished last season tenth in Italy’s second tier.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                  https://www.football-italia.net/1249...gudjohnsen-son

Serie B club Spezia have completed the signing of Sveinn Aaron Gudjohnsen, son of former Chelsea and Barcelona man Eidur.

The 20-year-old, who is a former Iceland U19 international, moves to Italy from Icelandic club Breidablik.

He has previously spent time as a youth player at Barcelona, while his father played for the Camp Nou side’s first team.

Having since returned to his homeland, Gudjohnsen Jr now joins the club who finished last season tenth in Italy’s second tier.
                                                  Which of course means a third generation:
                                                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnór_Guðjohnsen

Last edited by Kevin S; 26-07-2018, 13:19.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X