No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Knackwurst - Bundesliga 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudi Völler gets away with a hell of a lot. I know that, unlike the Bayern mob, he's Tante Käthe and the man in the street and all that, but he's still a cantankerous bastard during interviews, and has been for the last 20 years.

Comment

You say "cantankerous bastard" like it's a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
        You say "cantankerous bastard" like it's a bad thing.
        And it is. I hate cantankerous bastards.

Tante Käthe was out of his depth, I thought, trying to compare the employment details of a journalist with the employment details of somebody involved with football (yes, I know he didn't go into detail, but it's an apples-and-oranges comparison from the word go).

If I'd been Tante Käthe, I'd have told the journalist to fuck off and mind his own business.

Comment

Looks like the DFB will finally introduce four-up four-down in the 3. Liga, with four regional leagues, as opposed to the baffling system they currently have.

1860 vs Kaiserslautern on Saturday. That was a 1. Bundesliga fixture in 2003/04.

Comment

Fortuna Düsseldorf have evidently decided that in the absence of Köln doing bizarre things, they'll fill in the void as Karnevalverein. A couple of days ago, they announced that coach Friedhelm Funkel's contract would not be renewed at the end of he season, even though he led a team almost relegated to the 3. Liga into the Bundesliga where they are sitting in a better position than one might have expected.

Funkel gave a tearful press conference in which he revealed that he was prepared to sign an extension that would be valid only if Fortuna remain in the Bundesliga. The reaction from fans and media was quite furious, with no comprehension of what on earth Düsseldorf where doing.

Yesterday the club announced that negotiations for Funkel's contract would in fact resume. It seems that the debacle was the doing of sports director Robert Schäfer, a man who looks as much the douchebag as his actions suggest he is. Some 300 fans turned up at the airport as the team was returning from their training camp to support Funkel and boo Schäfer; the number might have been much higher had there been no announcement that negotiations would resume.

Funkel may well outlive Schäfer in their respective positions.
            Last edited by G-Man; 15-04-2019, 05:35.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
              Funkel may well outlive Schäfer in their respective positions.
              I bet you €100 euros a month for the rest of your life that that won't be the case.

I ... yes ... I love Friedhelm Funkel. But they're going to fuck him in Düsseldorf before January's out, at the latest before the clocks go forward.

Comment

As a Köln fan, I hope you're right...

Comment

Up 3-0 at home with 15 minutes to go, Dortmund manage to concede a draw to Hoffenheim.

It is looking increasingly likely that HSV and Kõln will get the automatic promotionnplaces.

Comment

I watched some of the Union Berlin - Sandhausen game yesterday and noticed the away end was very sparsely populated - looked like less than 100 fans in there. Is that a usual travelling support for Sandhausen or were they on a boycott or something?

Comment

The weather in and around Berlin this weekend was bad. Many of the lower league matches were postponed and transport was impacted. Sandhausen doesn’t have huge support, but I think those factors played a role.

Comment

Stuttgart are in a mess once again, down in the relegation play-off position and doing their best to return to the 2. Liga - the newly-redeveloped stadium is excellent but the club continually fails to make sensible or successful investments in the transfer market and another relegation would probably have severe financial consequences. The sporting director Michael Reschke gave the dreaded vote of confidence to trainer Markus Weinzierl after the defeat against Düsseldorf, but the board then decided to sack him instead. He's been replaced by Thomas Hitzlsperger, who will now do something typical of new, young sporting directors in the Bundesliga, and a take a seat on the bench alongside the trainer for the next match. Pressure? What pressure? He just wants to show how closely they will be working together, of course.

All that said, Hitzlsperger has come across as very level-headed in his pundit appearances on TV, but who knows how long that'll last...

Comment

Augsburg vs Bayern has been fun so far. And funny. I've only now just about stopped sniggering about Bayern conceding an own goal after 13 seconds. Bayern equalised through Coman, but Augsburg swiftly restored their lead.

Comment

Now 3-2 to Bayern. This might start getting old fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                              Augsburg vs Bayern has been fun so far. And funny. I've only now just about stopped sniggering about Bayern conceding an own goal after 13 seconds. Bayern equalised through Coman, but Augsburg swiftly restored their lead.
                              Coman was involved in all three goals, and then went off injured with what seems another serious injury to his ankle. In December Coman said that if he'd need another injury there, he'd retire.

As for Köln, Anthony Modeste finally got permission to play, and within three minutes of coming off the bench scored Köln's 2-0 against Paderborn. And Köln still went on to lose 3-2. Thatr's now three defeats in four games, in all of which Köln apparently were the better side...

Comment

The Paderborn-Koeln game was on prior to the Augsburg-Bayern one. And I was watching that as well. Paderborn's late equaliser and stoppage-time winner were both long-range strikes that dipped perfectly into top corners. It seems a very Koelny thing for that to happen twice within five minutes, that does.

Comment

Good win by Augsburg over Dortmund tonight. Not that I've anything particular against Dortmund but I'm always partial to green and red particularly if the underdog wears it. OTOH Bayern can go joint top if they beat Gladbach tomorrow. Given BMG's current form that looks very possible.

Comment

Dortmund's troubles have coincided with Reus' injury. Has that affected their confidence? It is known that Favre is not happiest under high pressure; I wonder if that influences the team.

Meanwhile, a good source of Schadenfreude comes from the unlikely source of Uerdingen. They achieved promotion into the 3. Liga last year, and started off really well, competing for a promotion spot. Then the Uerdingen chief, Russian multi-millionaire Michail Ponomarew, fired coach Stefan Krämer, saying that the side was not playing the football he wanted. Maybe he panicked after two hefty defeats either side of the winterbreak, but still, they were fourth with three points behind an automatic promotion spot. Since then, two draws and three defeats (last night 0-4 at home to Halle)...

Comment

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/3...irritiert.html
                                      KFC-Umzug nach Düsseldorf? Fortuna ist "irritiert"
                                      Apparently they want to ground share with Fortuna Düsseldorf next season, but Fortuna aren't keen.

Comment

I hadn't realised that they were playing in Duisburg.

Comment

I think this is the season when I feel genuine sympathy for Schalke fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                                            I think this is the season when I feel genuine sympathy for Schalke fans.
                                            Get away with you. You've gone all soft since you defected. It's fucking hilarious.

One of my regulars is a Schalke fan (he actually comes from Gelsenkirchen). His second and third teams are HSV and Hansa Rostock. He's beyond sympathy.

Comment

Verein für Bewegungsspiele Stuttgart 1893 5 - Hannoverscher Sportverein von 1896 1

I am confident in saying that Hannover and Nürnberg are down. Stuttgart may still be able to avoid the relegation playoff.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                                Get away with you. You've gone all soft since you defected. It's fucking hilarious.

One of my regulars is a Schalke fan (he actually comes from Gelsenkirchen). His second and third teams are HSV and Hansa Rostock. He's beyond sympathy.
                                                Each announced Düsseldorf goal was greeted with rising hilarity at the Waldstadion yesterday.

Speaking of which, Eintracht v Hoffenheim was one of the greatest games I've seen in my whole life. And by 'great', I mean exciting and dramatic, I don't give a bollocks about all the defensive incompetence. After Eintracht's 96th. minute winner, I danced arm in arm with a man of my age for a full minute and a half. Never seen him before, will never see him again - he was on the stairs next to my seat at the end of a row, waiting to leave once the final whistle went.

Three seats to our left was a granddad with his grandson, maybe 6 or 7. When Eintracht equalised in the 90th, they both got showered in beer and left immediately. I wonder if it was the kid's first ever game. And if he will remember that he got soaked by beer, or that he missed the winner in the sixth minute of injury time.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  Verein für Bewegungsspiele Stuttgart 1893 5 - Hannoverscher Sportverein von 1896 1

I am confident in saying that Hannover and Nürnberg are down. Stuttgart may still be able to avoid the relegation playoff.
                                                  Good stuff. Means that my lads - Werder and Hertha - won't go down.

Comment

I've seen Hannover twice in recent weeks. They are simply dreadful. Even if they were only a point or two behind, I wouldn't rate their chances of catching up. But five back? They are goners.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X