Champions League 2018/19: A Visca Wanda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ajax-Bayern goals

I thought you weren't allowed to stop on a penalty run up. See Lewandowski penno.

Youtube clip might not be viewable outside France, I dunno.

edit: Looked up the rules from the FA website:

Following is not allowed:
    - feinting to kick the ball once the kicker has completed the run-up (feinting in the run-up is permitted); the referee cautions the kicker

So you can stop in the run up, apparently.

Interesting rule I also discovered:

-The kicker must not play the ball again until it has touched another player.

So if the ball hits the post, and comes back towards the penalty taker, the penalty taker can't touch the ball.
    Last edited by anton pulisov; 13-12-2018, 17:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
      From a Liverpool point of view, my preferences would be

1. Barcelona - new ground tick, and a big one at that
      2. Dortmund - fabulous day out and another Klopp love-in to make the haters vomit thick green bile over their sofas
      3. Bayern Munich - got fed up waiting for us to draw them and went as a neutral last weekend, so I strongly suspect we'll draw them now - but still.... good beer and quality processed meat products, worth a re-visit
      4. Real Madrid - been twice before but how can you not love a city that has a statue to the devil in its biggest park?
      5. Porto - lovely place, but went last season and it pissed down for what felt like 3 days straight, so not the warmest memories despite spannering them 5-0
      6. Juventus - might be ok for fans of other teams, but not for me, thanks

Envious of EIM getting to Valencia - top of my wish list for grounds to visit, that.
      Great ground, great city. Fucked the match off after 35 minutes to go and get drunk in a bar. A dry away end while we're this shit is cruel and unusual.

Comment

Always wanted to go to a match at the Mestalla.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
          Always wanted to go to a match at the Mestalla.
          I've been to lots. The home crowd can be very demanding and extremely unforgiving if things aren't going well.

Comment

I think that is the case at any of the established clubs in Spain. A friend tells me that it is even starting to happen at Eibar.

Anyway, you are the last one who needs to be told how great Valencia is.

Comment

One day in the next 15 years or so they might be playing in the Nou Mestalla!

Comment

We should all live so long.

Perhaps it could become one of a series of national monuments to irrational exuberance and construction-led corruption. The Nou Mestalla, the Ciudad Real airport, one of those ghost estates in Andalucia, etc.

Comment

Yes, I remember when the Nou Mestalla was announced and construction started. I started to get nervous that I wouldn't be able to make it to the Mestalla before it is demolished. Luckily I don't have to worry about that for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                    Great ground, great city. Fucked the match off after 35 minutes to go and get drunk in a bar. A dry away end while we're this shit is cruel and unusual.
                    35 minutes is unusually early, I have to say. Were there many others doing the same as you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                      35 minutes is unusually early, I have to say. Were there many others doing the same as you?
                      People were leaving after seven minutes. Lots didn't bother going in at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        We should all live so long.

Perhaps it could become one of a series of national monuments to irrational exuberance and construction-led corruption. The Nou Mestalla, the Ciudad Real airport, one of those ghost estates in Andalucia, etc.
                        This is another one of them, not far from where I live. To get to it you have to cross a busy roundabout then go down some metal steps alongside a road underpass. It's all closed and deserted. Nobody has any idea why it was ever built. It's meant to be somewhere from where you can look out over all Valencia, but it's only the equivalent of a ten-storey building and nowhere near where the normal tourist would venture.

https://espanabizarra.tumblr.com/pos...ramar-valencia

Comment

That’s quite something, and certainly worthy of induction into the hall of shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                            This is another one of them, not far from where I live. To get to it you have to cross a busy roundabout then go down some metal steps alongside a road underpass. It's all closed and deserted. Nobody has any idea why it was ever built. It's meant to be somewhere from where you can look out over all Valencia, but it's only the equivalent of a ten-storey building and nowhere near where the normal tourist would venture.

https://espanabizarra.tumblr.com/pos...ramar-valencia
                            The tagline to that blog is:

"Una mirada diaria a la España más bizarra, absurda, friki y extraña"

and I am very happy to learn that "freaky" simply is a word in Spanish too.

Comment

I think the Spanish word for "breakdance" is probably my favourite.

Comment

Schalke vs Man City
                                Atletico Madrid vs Juventus
                                Man Utd vs PSG
                                Tottenham vs Borussia Dortmund
                                Lyon vs Barcelona
                                AS Roma vs FC Porto
                                Ajax vs Real Madrid
                                Liverpool vs Bayern Munich
                                Last edited by ad hoc; 17-12-2018, 11:25.

Comment

All 3 German teams got drawn against English sides

Comment

f*cking real madrid f*ck off

fed up of constantly having to play this pointless team

Comment

Decent draw that. I'll take it.

Comment

Dortmund will be a darn sight trickier than last season.

Comment

Unfair that the two most financially-doped sides in the draw get byes into the QF while they're laughing at Financial Fair Play.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                                            Excellent. The last five times Ajax qualified for the CL group stage, they had either Barcelona or Real Madrid in their group. Something else would be nice, this time around.
                                            Well, technically this worked out. But it does feel like a broken one-armed bandit.

Comment

I think Man Utd will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                                I think Man Utd will be happy.
                                                I'm delighted. I've got Eurostar vouchers.

Comment

I think PSG are beatable, due to having such a poor domestic league and being rather top-heavy, but what kind of shape are Man U going to be in by February?

Bayern v Liverpool is hard to call. Depends on whether Bayern have sorted out their internal issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                    Bayern v Liverpool is hard to call. Depends on whether Bayern have sorted out their internal issues.
                                                    If even Ajax can put three past them, Liverpool should manage at least six. They may also concede three, but they ought to win this.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X