Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    The only crumb of comfort I take from the weekend is that Morecambe look to have sewn up one of the relegation places already.

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
    Absolutely outstanding oggie in that Grimsby game at the weekend - that and the clumsy defensive fuck up for the following goal have made me feel marginally better about Carlisle’s poor defensive showing at Exeter.
    This was a hugely disappointing result after a fairly positive pre-season. I did doubt the resiging of Collins who scored the aforementioned oggy. He was, in my opinion, one of our worst players last season and ageing would be a generous description. Still, this drubbing could be the wake up call we need. Sitting pretty at the bottom already.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Absolutely outstanding oggie in that Grimsby game at the weekend - that and the clumsy defensive fuck up for the following goal have made me feel marginally better about Carlisle’s poor defensive showing at Exeter.

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Yes, everyone seems to be tipping our county rivals to win it. *Head in hands on desk at work*

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    I have Lincoln as my favourites this year - the Cowleys appear to have worked on where they were short last season and they weren't far off then.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from Cheltenham this season - a lot of people are touting us as relegation candidates, and I can see why. We've lost our top scorer from last season, and appear to be hoping another non-league gem has been uncovered in Immy Duku. His partner will be a forward who scored twice in 29 games for Exeter last season and who was only signed on Saturday morning before our last friendly.

However, scoring wasn't our problem last season, only 4 teams (the three automatically promoted and Notts County) scored more goals than we did, but defending we were a joke. We have basically got rid of the whole defence bar Will Boyle and Jordon Forster (who missed all of the season after rupturing his achilles in August). The players brought in all have league experience, apart from the backup left-back, so we're hoping that this has been sorted. If it has, then there's no reason we can't be a bit more solid and have another midtable season.

We still need a goalscorer though...

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Hi nameless EFL Digital person,

Before I do that [renew my subscription - this was in response to a computer-generated email], I have some questions.
    1. Will the abysmal quality of the camera-work and the commentary improve?
    2. Will you stick to promises? For example, as a subscriber based in Germany I was promised access to the Checkatrade semi-final (Lincoln City v Chelsea U21s) and the play-off semi-final games against Exeter City, but on the days of the games my access was blocked. Two of the most important games of the season, it should be stressed.
    3. Any chance of replays for goals? Just once would be fine.
    Many thanks

Hi Ian,
    Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.
    The quality for the live stream is in HD, if you're having any buffering issues this may be due to your internet speed not being fast enough.
    Matches distributed by the EFL’s overseas broadcast partners have match replay available at Noon BST the day after the live event with an active iFollow premium subscription, but no live video.
    Latest blackout rules can be found on the broadcast schedule: http://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/
    The list of global territories and broadcast partners that Sky Bet EFL broadcasting rights in 2017/18: https://www.efl.com/iFollow/international-broadcasters/
    We have video enhancements for the new season, which will have audio commentary over the live stream, clock and scoreboard.
    Please do let us know if you have any additional questions.
    Regards,

Hi xxxxx,
    Was that really you answering, or are you a computer? Your answers seem oddly rehearsed.
    Point 1. I wasn’t commenting on the quality of the picture, but the quality of the camera-work. It’s lousy and amateurish. The cameramen either have no experience or no clue.
    Also, the commentators sound barely interested and chuck out every cliché known to the footballing world, several times over. Are they students, or just unpaid interns?
    Point 2. You don’t address it. The Lincoln City website stated that I would be able to watch those games live. I was unable to. Why not?
    Point 3. You also don’t answer this simple question. Replays or not? A scoreboard will be an improvement, it’s true. But it’s hardly technological innovation and merely raises the question of why you didn’t have one to start with.
    Right now, your service is not worth €130 per season, which is why I’m asking these questions but so far getting only stock, unsatisfactory answers. I am not a computer, so don’t accept stock answers.
    Thanks,

Hi Ian,
    I am not a computer and I have answered your questions.
    Games that are blacked out will not be available on iFollow, I have attached the link on the previous email for blacked out games on iFollow.
    You can have a look at the schedule to see if the live stream will be available in your location.
    There will be new video enhancements to the live stream, the season has not started yet and there are no games on for me to actually know if there will be replays or not. I do know they're working on this feature to see if they will have replays or not.
    What I do know is about the live commentary over the stream, scoreboard and clock.
    Regards,

Hi xxxxx,
    Soooooo…. Point 1. Will the commentators and cameramen be getting any better? Or is this still an operation being done on the cheap while hitting supporters up for a huge amount of cash?
    Point 2. I was asking about specific historic matches from last season - why were promises not fulfilled with the games mentioned? Still no answer.
    Point 3 - you answered, ‘Don’t know.’ Thanks for clearing that one up at least.
    Cheers, Ian

[end of correspondence]

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Originally posted by imp View Post
    Lincoln are being tipped as direct promotion prospects. It's justified, I think, but I still don't like it.

I haven't renewed my iFollow subscription after a testy email exchange with one of their customer service reps. I asked him three questions, none of which he answered. When I pointed this out, he insisted that he had answered the questions. And so it went on.
    What were the questions? I'm intrigued as this service is available in the UK this season for not Saturday at 3pm matches and I am quite looking forward to being able to tune in. Especially as the ever useless BBC Hull don't put GTFC games online as they didn't buy the rights and I can't be bothered with Mariners World.

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Lincoln are being tipped as direct promotion prospects. It's justified, I think, but I still don't like it.

I haven't renewed my iFollow subscription after a testy email exchange with one of their customer service reps. I asked him three questions, none of which he answered. When I pointed this out, he insisted that he had answered the questions. And so it went on.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Not Marseilles or Lyons, either

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    But not Dunkirk?

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    Dunkerque was the club that Bosman wanted to sign for after his contract at RFC Liege ended.

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
    We have a new management team - Frankie Bunn as managed, Andy Rhodes as assistant.

We have an owner who's been outed by departing players as the tyrannical type - shouting matches in the dressing room, dressing down players he perceives as non-performing in front of the squad.

We've not been paying wages. For the nth time.

We've sold or released 11 players, including Craig Davies. Our signings have been very mixed - Jose "Josie" Baxter and Sam Graham, a promising young loan signing from Sheffield United, are positives; the rest are gambles or uninspiring: Giles Coke, Johan Branger-Engone (ex-Dieppe, French fifth [?] division), Christopher Missilou (ex-Le Puy Foot 43 Auvergne, god knows what division), and apparently Chris O'Grady.

Manager announced last night at a meeting that we have no money for transfers. So this'll be a fun season.
    Dieppe are in National 3 and Le Puy are in National 2.

These are the 5th and 4th tiers respectively. They are split into 4 groups at national 2 level and 12 groups of 14 (if I remember rightly) at National 3 level.

It is basically non-league but the standard and level of support varies from club to club. Lots of B teams in those leagues. These levels replaced the old CFA and CFA2 set up a few seasons back. I have a feeling Jean-Marc Bosman may have turned out for Dieppe. Could be Dunkerque though.

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Originally posted by RobW View Post
    Horrible news about Elliot Whitehouse. Is it confirmed that he'll be missing the season? Poor sod.
    Confirmed yesterday unfortunately. Bad luck for all involved.

We also put a five figure bid - yes, five figures! - for the Motherwell forward who used to be at Gateshead but it was rejected.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    We've cancelled a pre-season friendly in Kendal cos their pitch is too dry. That's Kendal in the Lake District, for the avoidance of doubt.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by ingoldale View Post
    It's a smoke screen to distract you from all the seemingly good and positive work that is going on on the field and off it with a bit more organisation and proper back room staff. Feel good factor creeping in around BP.
    Horrible news about Elliot Whitehouse. Is it confirmed that he'll be missing the season? Poor sod.

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    It’s not all bad news, Crusoe. You’re at least sponsored by the same company as Newport.

Oh, hang on.

Leave a comment:

• Crusoe
    replied
    We have a new management team - Frankie Bunn as managed, Andy Rhodes as assistant.

We have an owner who's been outed by departing players as the tyrannical type - shouting matches in the dressing room, dressing down players he perceives as non-performing in front of the squad.

We've not been paying wages. For the nth time.

We've sold or released 11 players, including Craig Davies. Our signings have been very mixed - Jose "Josie" Baxter and Sam Graham, a promising young loan signing from Sheffield United, are positives; the rest are gambles or uninspiring: Giles Coke, Johan Branger-Engone (ex-Dieppe, French fifth [?] division), Christopher Missilou (ex-Le Puy Foot 43 Auvergne, god knows what division), and apparently Chris O'Grady.

Manager announced last night at a meeting that we have no money for transfers. So this'll be a fun season.

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
    Not quite as mad as trying to flog the training ground pool table on eBay. Seems to have ended without any bids.
    It's a smoke screen to distract you from all the seemingly good and positive work that is going on on the field and off it with a bit more organisation and proper back room staff. Feel good factor creeping in around BP.

Leave a comment:

• JM Footzee
    replied
    NAC Breda have taken quite a few Man City youngsters on loan in recent years. If they're now signing their former youth players that suggests the relationship is becoming closer.

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    Greg Leigh taking the Joe Jakub route of leaving Bury for the Dutch top flight, as it's looking like he'll sign for Breda. Whether he'll play with a future Manchester United manager as Jakub did at Alkmaar is anyone's guess.

Leave a comment:

• Jobi1
    replied
    Mad times at Blundell Park, as Grimsby flog this DVD in time for father's day... https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/sta...23865821716480
    Not quite as mad as trying to flog the training ground pool table on eBay. Seems to have ended without any bids.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    That is an amazing level of Newportonianism even for Newport.

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    Newport have announced their new shirt sponsor. It's an online betting company - quite possibly the only online betting company without a website.

Watch this space.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Bob Dorrian has stood down as Lincoln chairman this week. Cue lots of eulogies from fans about how wonderful he is, forgetting some of the dreadful managerial appointments he made before finally getting it right. In fairness he did eventually find investors willing to put money into the club but there has been an awful lot of revisionism going on.
    Clive Nates been named as new Chairman, which is nice. May mean he stops attending away games in the terraces though, which is a shame. Seems to have a lot of time for the fans and has been crucial to the club the last 2-3 years with his own investment as well as encouraging others to do the same.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Mad times at Blundell Park, as Grimsby flog this DVD in time for father's day... https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/sta...23865821716480

Leave a comment:

Working...
X