Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    I was at Yeovil's first home game in the League, when they battered us. Carlisle are there next week for their last (for the time being at least) but I won't be closing the circle with them. Makes for a more interesting last day for us, we're still a long shot for the last play off place but the task is slightly lighter, playing a team already relegated rather than one fighting to stay in the league.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Yeovil, perhaps surprisingly, the first to be relegated - Macclesfield and Notts County both fight on to the last day.

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Yeah that is good pre-emptive punching. I'm surprised that with all that staff he doesn't have a comms officer to help him with this, though.
    Bury have never employed someone whose pen would hover over the page as they ask "Are you REALLY sure you want to say that?"

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by HORN View Post
    I don't know who the Bury chairman is but he's great. I love reading his plain speaking statements. Watch out for the final paragraph. It's a belter.

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/a...-the-chairman/
    Yeah that is good pre-emptive punching. I'm surprised that with all that staff he doesn't have a comms officer to help him with this, though.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo View Post

Happy to see the two ex Norwich academy lads doing well at Lincoln. Shackell has carved out a decent career since leaving us after a bit of a roller coaster ride at Carrow Road. Really pleased for Harry Toffolo. He looked a star in the Youth Cup winning team six years ago but couldn't make the breakthrough into the first team. After numerous loans, he looks as though he's found his feet.
    Toffs has been one the players of the season. Extraordinary fitness levels, I think he's played every league game this season (certainly over 50 games all in), scored some crucial goals and links up with Andrade really well down the left. Bit wary of him getting caught out so high up the pitch! He's also seems a decent, rounded individual who is very comfortable doing media duties etc. Wouldn't surprise me if a Championship team were interested in him.

I'd ask Norwich whether we could have Sean Raggett back on loan next year, but with Shackell signing i'm not sure he'd have a starting place.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by imp View Post
    I'm not only delighted at Lincoln's third trophy in three seasons, but that we seem to have pissed so many people off while doing it. The sign of a true fourth division champion. Also, we have developed into a class, professional organisation - and I think that's what really pisses off all the hackers, chancers, conmen and nut jobs at this level.
    Fucking wonderful isn't it? And I was there when we were shit. But of course we just play hoofball now. If only the Cowley critics had seen us under Keith or Beck, the true meaning of direct football.

5 years of losing to the likes of Nuneaton, Carshalton, Welling and Whitehawk, playing utterly atrocious football, and now three years of sustained success. I can't believe it. Getting Clive Nates in and then the Cowleys has transformed the club and the city on and off the pitch.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo
    replied
    Originally posted by RobW View Post

And it's been announced that Shackell has signed on for another year.
    Happy to see the two ex Norwich academy lads doing well at Lincoln. Shackell has carved out a decent career since leaving us after a bit of a roller coaster ride at Carrow Road. Really pleased for Harry Toffolo. He looked a star in the Youth Cup winning side six years ago but couldn't make the breakthrough into the first team. After numerous loans, he looks as though he's found his feet.
    Last edited by Arturo; 27-04-2019, 16:33.

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    I don't know who the Bury chairman is but he's great. I love reading his plain speaking statements. Watch out for the final paragraph. It's a belter.

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/a...-the-chairman/
    Last edited by HORN; 26-04-2019, 04:59.

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    I'm not only delighted at Lincoln's third trophy in three seasons, but that we seem to have pissed so many people off while doing it. The sign of a true fourth division champion. Also, we have developed into a class, professional organisation - and I think that's what really pisses off all the hackers, chancers, conmen and nut jobs at this level.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Pleased for Scunny legend Joe Murphy getting recognised - he was in the Div. 3 team in both of our promotions.... ah the glory days... can't believe he's 37 now.
    He'd be welcome back at Glanford Park if he fancies staying in Div. 4.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    And both Josh Vickers and Matt Rhead extend their contracts till next summer. Yarrs. Hopefully Vickers can stay fit and make the no.1 shirt his own. Delighted that Rhead can bully centre backs in League 1 as an impact sub.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    PFA League Two Team of the Year - at least the players know the score, though Michael Bostwick is missing from that back four...no MK players though, ha.

PFA League Two Team of the Year 2019: Joe Murphy (Bury); Neal Eardley (Lincoln), Jason Shackell (Lincoln), Krystian Pearce (Mansfield), Harry Toffolo (Lincoln); Danny Mayor (Bury), Jay O’Shea (Bury), Reece Brown (Forest Green); James Norwood (Tranmere), John Akinde (Lincoln), Tyler Walker (Mansfield)
    And it's been announced that Shackell has signed on for another year.

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Yesssss, we won! Last minute! first in 10 or maybe 11? I've lost count. Pleasingly, in the last two matches we've had 5 youth team players or graduates involved in the match day squad. Either starting or on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    PFA League Two Team of the Year - at least the players know the score, though Michael Bostwick is missing from that back four...no MK players though, ha.

PFA League Two Team of the Year 2019: Joe Murphy (Bury); Neal Eardley (Lincoln), Jason Shackell (Lincoln), Krystian Pearce (Mansfield), Harry Toffolo (Lincoln); Danny Mayor (Bury), Jay O’Shea (Bury), Reece Brown (Forest Green); James Norwood (Tranmere), John Akinde (Lincoln), Tyler Walker (Mansfield)

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    I'm in two minds on them going up - on one hand, it guarantees them a second season (this being the first time in my lifetime that Cheltenham won't be) as Gloucestershire's highest finishing football club (they'll never be the biggest - except in terms of net spend) but on the other, it means we can get rid of the bloody God-awful El Glosico bollocks for at least a season.

Also - well done Lincoln on finally nabbing the League Two trophy. They were, by an absolute country mile, the best team I've seen at Whaddon Road this season.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Still chance that FGR will be promoted automatically, so they can fill another 'star' in on their shirts.

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    Bury well and truly putting me through the wringer this season.

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    Newport travel to Macc tomorrow in the midst of a decent run. I wonder how Newport's coaching staff plan to engineer missing out on the play-offs? Will they opt to get outfought by relegation-threatened Macc then tantalise us by beating champions-elect Lincoln next weekend? Or might they play the formbook? Either way it'll be a very Newport outcome, I'm almost certain of that.

Our win v Bury on Good Friday brought to mind the closing fixture of Division 4 in 1972-73. Newport needed to beat Bury and if other results went our way we'd sneak promotion. Newport won by the odd goal in seven so County fans were huddled straining to hear people's transistors to find out how our rivals had done. Finally Radio 2 announced that Hereford had lost and Newport were up.

The pitch was a mass of celebrating County fans when Radio 2 announced that actually their correspondent had made a mistake and Hereford had in fact won. Newport missed out on goal average.

Ah, them were t'days
    Last edited by HORN; 21-04-2019, 15:08.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Really fucking worried we'll lose our last remaining games and hand the scabs the title now. Play-offs all very interesting with Carlisle, Newport and Colchester all winning and Exeter losing at home to Crawley.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Congrats on your promotion today, even if in defeat.
    We were promoted last week, but thanks. We lost hope of winning the title today through Lee Mason officiating and Jason Shackell being an arse.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    https://twitter.com/MKDonsFC/status/1117685321943126016 Tranmere fan posting racist abuse on social media, fucking scumbag.
    Congrats on your promotion today, even if in defeat.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    https://twitter.com/MKDonsFC/status/1117685321943126016 Tranmere fan posting racist abuse on social media, fucking scumbag.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Over 8,000 at Tranmere yesterday. After some pretty grim times it's good to see them on the rise.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Scholes on his brief time as Oldham coach. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFkN0t8Y2rc

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Well, that was the anticlimax I expected. A laboured point gained and people shuffling towards the exit without a clue as to whether we'd done enough to go up. Awful second half of football and I just knew at some point Cheltenham were going to create one chance and take it. Really didn't keep the ball well, and for some reason all our lads kept slipping on the surface. Dunno what it is at home but we've really struggled lately.
    Anyway, i'm too knackered tonight to celebrate, and i'm annoyed that I can't make the trip to Carlisle on Friday. Hopefully the title will be sealed next Monday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X