• Show
Clear All

• Logan Mountstuart
    replied
    Need something to cheer me up.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    There's a Mk Dons full kit wanker on the pitch,what a sad individual he must be.

Leave a comment:

• Logan Mountstuart
    replied
    Notts County Down. Someone else goes up. Football is shit.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    So Notts County become the first professional-era FA Cup winners to drop into non-league football. Franchise take the last automatic promotion slot, and a late Newport equaliser sees them snatch the last play-off position.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    County have gone. Very sad.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Uh-oh.

Leave a comment:

• Logan Mountstuart
    replied
    Notts County cannot go down. As AdeC said about Bolton in another thread, that football as we know it would be broken. Even if that has been inevitably coming for 20 years.

Macclesfield need to get their knackers feeled.

I was at a an FA vase trophy final around 1983 between Forest Green and Rainworth Miners Colliery, when FG were just a nice little miracle club. Nearly all the RMC were Mansfield fans. They were fucking vile. Amongst the worse I ever saw and I saw 40 odd games a season in the late 70s/ early 80s.

A year or so later they would be scabs as well. And Mansfield is no doubt a very Brexit place.

Come on Mansfield!

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    While Newport would miss out on the playoffs on goal difference.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Notts County score a penalty at Swindon, and are staying up with results as they currently stand...

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Lincoln are celebrating the title in some style.

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    At least Port Vale have survived their adulterous, cocaine-fuelled, car crash-ravaged pisshead season. There's just the takeover to sort before the chairman and his rampant hardon puts the club into admin just to piss off the few remaining fans.

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    See you next season...
    Pretty much our local derby given Scunny's demise. Might make an effort to come over for that one. Bolton, Ipswich, Coventry, maybe Portsmouth and Sunderland - it's going to prompt an avalanche of tweets from Lincoln fans on the lines of, "And to think that just three years ago today we were setting out for North Ferriby..."

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    Congrats to Bury. And Lincoln too, I suppose. Scunthorpe's decade-long reign as the best in "Greater Lincolnshire" could well be over.
    Gratefully and graciously accepted. Sorry we'll miss you on your way down. What went wrong in the second half of the season?

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    See you next season...
    Look forward to it. I loved that pub last time.

Leave a comment:

• Nesta
    replied
    It just seems to be how they roll

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    I was thinking in terms of Bury's survival rather than which division they'll be in. Am I over-egging their predicament?

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    See you next season...

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    Originally posted by HORN View Post
    Given they've to find a million quid to pay the bills this month I had wondered if Bury would elect to throw this game in order to pick up a few bob via the play-offs.

Evidently they're not that mercenary...
    We wouldn't have had a hope of going up via the play-offs. I'd much rather have administration and the points docked in the third tier than the fourth.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by Baptiste View Post
    Interesting to hear people congratulate Bury, as they’ve spent way above their means for the third time this
    millennium. Are those stickers still on the seats?

On the pitch we were garbage second half so can’t begrudge Bury a point.

So I suspect Mansfield will win Saturday, leaving us to face FGR or you know who in the Play Offs. What a choice.
    I think Mansfield will choke again.

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    Given they've to find a million quid to pay the bills this month I had wondered if Bury would elect to throw this game in order to pick up a few bob via the play-offs.

Evidently they're not that mercenary...

Leave a comment:

• Baptiste
    replied
    Interesting to hear people congratulate Bury, as they’ve spent way above their means for the third time this
    millennium. Are those stickers still on the seats?

On the pitch we were garbage second half so can’t begrudge Bury a point.

So I suspect Mansfield will win Saturday, leaving us to face FGR or you know who in the Play Offs. What a choice.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Congrats to Bury. And Lincoln too, I suppose. Scunthorpe's decade-long reign as the best in "Greater Lincolnshire" could well be over.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Congrats to Bury. I did hope that Tranmere would win tonight and and both them and Bury would go up automatically, throwing the Scabs and Franchise into the play-offs. Great result for Newport again tonight.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Congratulations to Bury who confirmed their promotion and denied Tranmere's outside chances at the same time, so the two least popular sides in the league are playing off for the last automatic spot,don't know how Mansfield will cope with being the popular-ish choice.

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    Newport's late bid for a play-off place is still on. It was a bit hairy today v Lincoln, with the wind and an erratic ref adding to the tension. Roll on Tuesday v Oldham.

EDIT: Tuesday's opponent corrected. We can't face two visits from the Cowleys inside four days.
    Last edited by HORN; 28-04-2019, 09:23.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X