Return of the Macc - Division 4 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobW View Post

And it's been announced that Shackell has signed on for another year.
    Happy to see the two ex Norwich academy lads doing well at Lincoln. Shackell has carved out a decent career since leaving us after a bit of a roller coaster ride at Carrow Road. Really pleased for Harry Toffolo. He looked a star in the Youth Cup winning side six years ago but couldn't make the breakthrough into the first team. After numerous loans, he looks as though he's found his feet.
    Last edited by Arturo; 27-04-2019, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
      I'm not only delighted at Lincoln's third trophy in three seasons, but that we seem to have pissed so many people off while doing it. The sign of a true fourth division champion. Also, we have developed into a class, professional organisation - and I think that's what really pisses off all the hackers, chancers, conmen and nut jobs at this level.
      Fucking wonderful isn't it? And I was there when we were shit. But of course we just play hoofball now. If only the Cowley critics had seen us under Keith or Beck, the true meaning of direct football.

5 years of losing to the likes of Nuneaton, Carshalton, Welling and Whitehawk, playing utterly atrocious football, and now three years of sustained success. I can't believe it. Getting Clive Nates in and then the Cowleys has transformed the club and the city on and off the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post

Happy to see the two ex Norwich academy lads doing well at Lincoln. Shackell has carved out a decent career since leaving us after a bit of a roller coaster ride at Carrow Road. Really pleased for Harry Toffolo. He looked a star in the Youth Cup winning team six years ago but couldn't make the breakthrough into the first team. After numerous loans, he looks as though he's found his feet.
        Toffs has been one the players of the season. Extraordinary fitness levels, I think he's played every league game this season (certainly over 50 games all in), scored some crucial goals and links up with Andrade really well down the left. Bit wary of him getting caught out so high up the pitch! He's also seems a decent, rounded individual who is very comfortable doing media duties etc. Wouldn't surprise me if a Championship team were interested in him.

I'd ask Norwich whether we could have Sean Raggett back on loan next year, but with Shackell signing i'm not sure he'd have a starting place.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
          I don't know who the Bury chairman is but he's great. I love reading his plain speaking statements. Watch out for the final paragraph. It's a belter.

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/a...-the-chairman/
          Yeah that is good pre-emptive punching. I'm surprised that with all that staff he doesn't have a comms officer to help him with this, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Yeah that is good pre-emptive punching. I'm surprised that with all that staff he doesn't have a comms officer to help him with this, though.
            Bury have never employed someone whose pen would hover over the page as they ask "Are you REALLY sure you want to say that?"

Comment

Yeovil, perhaps surprisingly, the first to be relegated - Macclesfield and Notts County both fight on to the last day.

Comment

I was at Yeovil's first home game in the League, when they battered us. Carlisle are there next week for their last (for the time being at least) but I won't be closing the circle with them. Makes for a more interesting last day for us, we're still a long shot for the last play off place but the task is slightly lighter, playing a team already relegated rather than one fighting to stay in the league.

Comment

Newport's late bid for a play-off place is still on. It was a bit hairy today v Lincoln, with the wind and an erratic ref adding to the tension. Roll on Tuesday v Oldham.

EDIT: Tuesday's opponent corrected. We can't face two visits from the Cowleys inside four days.
                  Last edited by HORN; 28-04-2019, 09:23.

Comment

Congratulations to Bury who confirmed their promotion and denied Tranmere's outside chances at the same time, so the two least popular sides in the league are playing off for the last automatic spot,don't know how Mansfield will cope with being the popular-ish choice.

Comment

Congrats to Bury. I did hope that Tranmere would win tonight and and both them and Bury would go up automatically, throwing the Scabs and Franchise into the play-offs. Great result for Newport again tonight.

Comment

Congrats to Bury. And Lincoln too, I suppose. Scunthorpe's decade-long reign as the best in "Greater Lincolnshire" could well be over.

Comment

Interesting to hear people congratulate Bury, as they’ve spent way above their means for the third time this
                          millennium. Are those stickers still on the seats?

On the pitch we were garbage second half so can’t begrudge Bury a point.

So I suspect Mansfield will win Saturday, leaving us to face FGR or you know who in the Play Offs. What a choice.

Comment

Given they've to find a million quid to pay the bills this month I had wondered if Bury would elect to throw this game in order to pick up a few bob via the play-offs.

Evidently they're not that mercenary...

Comment

Originally posted by Baptiste View Post
                              Interesting to hear people congratulate Bury, as they’ve spent way above their means for the third time this
                              millennium. Are those stickers still on the seats?

On the pitch we were garbage second half so can’t begrudge Bury a point.

So I suspect Mansfield will win Saturday, leaving us to face FGR or you know who in the Play Offs. What a choice.
                              I think Mansfield will choke again.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                Given they've to find a million quid to pay the bills this month I had wondered if Bury would elect to throw this game in order to pick up a few bob via the play-offs.

Evidently they're not that mercenary...
                                We wouldn't have had a hope of going up via the play-offs. I'd much rather have administration and the points docked in the third tier than the fourth.

Comment

See you next season...

Comment

I was thinking in terms of Bury's survival rather than which division they'll be in. Am I over-egging their predicament?

Comment

It just seems to be how they roll

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                        See you next season...
                                        Look forward to it. I loved that pub last time.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                          Congrats to Bury. And Lincoln too, I suppose. Scunthorpe's decade-long reign as the best in "Greater Lincolnshire" could well be over.
                                          Gratefully and graciously accepted. Sorry we'll miss you on your way down. What went wrong in the second half of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                            See you next season...
                                            Pretty much our local derby given Scunny's demise. Might make an effort to come over for that one. Bolton, Ipswich, Coventry, maybe Portsmouth and Sunderland - it's going to prompt an avalanche of tweets from Lincoln fans on the lines of, "And to think that just three years ago today we were setting out for North Ferriby..."

Comment

At least Port Vale have survived their adulterous, cocaine-fuelled, car crash-ravaged pisshead season. There's just the takeover to sort before the chairman and his rampant hardon puts the club into admin just to piss off the few remaining fans.

Comment

Lincoln are celebrating the title in some style.

Comment

Notts County score a penalty at Swindon, and are staying up with results as they currently stand...

Comment

While Newport would miss out on the playoffs on goal difference.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X