No announcement yet.

Return of the Macc - Division 4 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great result for Macc tonight v playoff-poised Exeter.

i wouldn’t be surprised if this turns out to be their last win of 2018/19 but at least they’ve escaped the relegation places for now.

Comment

Like I said. Free money. Calling us 'Play-off poised" is flattering us, HORN. We're cooked.

Comment

Great effort from Macc. Campbell is really doing a job there.

Comment

Statement from Bury Chairman this afternoon https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/a...the-chairman2/

Comment

Punctuation not his strong point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
              Punctuation not his strong point.
              Bury have never employed anyone whose pen might hover over the page as they asked "Do you REALLY want to say that?"

Comment

Grudging congratulations to Lincoln City.

We're heading for Tisdale v Exeter in the play-offs, the game nobody wants.

Comment

Well, that was the anticlimax I expected. A laboured point gained and people shuffling towards the exit without a clue as to whether we'd done enough to go up. Awful second half of football and I just knew at some point Cheltenham were going to create one chance and take it. Really didn't keep the ball well, and for some reason all our lads kept slipping on the surface. Dunno what it is at home but we've really struggled lately.
                  Anyway, i'm too knackered tonight to celebrate, and i'm annoyed that I can't make the trip to Carlisle on Friday. Hopefully the title will be sealed next Monday.

Comment

Scholes on his brief time as Oldham coach. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFkN0t8Y2rc

Comment

Over 8,000 at Tranmere yesterday. After some pretty grim times it's good to see them on the rise.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MKDonsFC/status/1117685321943126016 Tranmere fan posting racist abuse on social media, fucking scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                          https://twitter.com/MKDonsFC/status/1117685321943126016 Tranmere fan posting racist abuse on social media, fucking scumbag.
                          Congrats on your promotion today, even if in defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Congrats on your promotion today, even if in defeat.
                            We were promoted last week, but thanks. We lost hope of winning the title today through Lee Mason officiating and Jason Shackell being an arse.

Comment

Really fucking worried we'll lose our last remaining games and hand the scabs the title now. Play-offs all very interesting with Carlisle, Newport and Colchester all winning and Exeter losing at home to Crawley.

Comment

Newport travel to Macc tomorrow in the midst of a decent run. I wonder how Newport's coaching staff plan to engineer missing out on the play-offs? Will they opt to get outfought by relegation-threatened Macc then tantalise us by beating champions-elect Lincoln next weekend? Or might they play the formbook? Either way it'll be a very Newport outcome, I'm almost certain of that.

Our win v Bury on Good Friday brought to mind the closing fixture of Division 4 in 1972-73. Newport needed to beat Bury and if other results went our way we'd sneak promotion. Newport won by the odd goal in seven so County fans were huddled straining to hear people's transistors to find out how our rivals had done. Finally Radio 2 announced that Hereford had lost and Newport were up.

The pitch was a mass of celebrating County fans when Radio 2 announced that actually their correspondent had made a mistake and Hereford had in fact won. Newport missed out on goal average.

Ah, them were t'days
                                Last edited by HORN; 21-04-2019, 15:08.

Comment

Bury well and truly putting me through the wringer this season.

Comment

Still chance that FGR will be promoted automatically, so they can fill another 'star' in on their shirts.

Comment

I'm in two minds on them going up - on one hand, it guarantees them a second season (this being the first time in my lifetime that Cheltenham won't be) as Gloucestershire's highest finishing football club (they'll never be the biggest - except in terms of net spend) but on the other, it means we can get rid of the bloody God-awful El Glosico bollocks for at least a season.

Also - well done Lincoln on finally nabbing the League Two trophy. They were, by an absolute country mile, the best team I've seen at Whaddon Road this season.

Comment

PFA League Two Team of the Year - at least the players know the score, though Michael Bostwick is missing from that back four...no MK players though, ha.

PFA League Two Team of the Year 2019: Joe Murphy (Bury); Neal Eardley (Lincoln), Jason Shackell (Lincoln), Krystian Pearce (Mansfield), Harry Toffolo (Lincoln); Danny Mayor (Bury), Jay O’Shea (Bury), Reece Brown (Forest Green); James Norwood (Tranmere), John Akinde (Lincoln), Tyler Walker (Mansfield)

Comment

Yesssss, we won! Last minute! first in 10 or maybe 11? I've lost count. Pleasingly, in the last two matches we've had 5 youth team players or graduates involved in the match day squad. Either starting or on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                            PFA League Two Team of the Year - at least the players know the score, though Michael Bostwick is missing from that back four...no MK players though, ha.

PFA League Two Team of the Year 2019: Joe Murphy (Bury); Neal Eardley (Lincoln), Jason Shackell (Lincoln), Krystian Pearce (Mansfield), Harry Toffolo (Lincoln); Danny Mayor (Bury), Jay O’Shea (Bury), Reece Brown (Forest Green); James Norwood (Tranmere), John Akinde (Lincoln), Tyler Walker (Mansfield)
                                            And it's been announced that Shackell has signed on for another year.

Comment

And both Josh Vickers and Matt Rhead extend their contracts till next summer. Yarrs. Hopefully Vickers can stay fit and make the no.1 shirt his own. Delighted that Rhead can bully centre backs in League 1 as an impact sub.

Comment

Pleased for Scunny legend Joe Murphy getting recognised - he was in the Div. 3 team in both of our promotions.... ah the glory days... can't believe he's 37 now.
                                                He'd be welcome back at Glanford Park if he fancies staying in Div. 4.

Comment

I'm not only delighted at Lincoln's third trophy in three seasons, but that we seem to have pissed so many people off while doing it. The sign of a true fourth division champion. Also, we have developed into a class, professional organisation - and I think that's what really pisses off all the hackers, chancers, conmen and nut jobs at this level.

Comment

I don't know who the Bury chairman is but he's great. I love reading his plain speaking statements. Watch out for the final paragraph. It's a belter.

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/a...-the-chairman/
                                                    Last edited by HORN; 26-04-2019, 04:59.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X