No announcement yet.

Return of the Macc - Division 4 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ciderspace was one of the first club specific websites I was aware of and remains the best named one by some margin.

Comment

A quick report on Notts 1 Newport 4 for HORN.

A deserved win for the Welsh County. Their set pieces were a constant threat and Matt and Amond were a real handful up front but the game was won in midfield as by playing three at the back, Newport could outnumber the usually dominant Doyle and O'Brien. Notts played some decent stuff in the first half and at 3-1 down I thought they still had a chance but Amond's header early in the second half killed off the game as a contest.

I was surprised at the energy shown by Newport after Saturday's Cup heroics. In contrast, Neal Ardley obviously thought that Stead and Mackail-Smith couldn't manage two games in four days and by the time they came on it was too late.

Comment

Cheers, Cantagalo. That was a very surprising away win. I’d written that game off as a banker home win.

Comment

Yeovil now owned by a Republican from Louisiana who saw the charms of the bayou in the Somerset Levels. Well, as likely a reason as any.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
            Cheers, Cantagalo. That was a very surprising away win. I’d written that game off as a banker home win.
            Most Notts fans seemed pretty confident before the game. I still think they'll avoid the drop.

Comment

They are taking down the Blundell Park floodlights in the summer. I am devastated about this. We have no Tuesday games left this season so there'll be no more football at Blundell Park under those lights. Iconic structures. Gutted.

Comment

Grab yourself a souvenir bulb. Or a pylon.

Comment

If I had the room and money to grab a pylon I would!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                    There's a Yeovil fan on another forum I frequent and he likes to point out they have won 2 home games in the last 12 months and their record in the last 25 games is, by some distance, the worst in League 2.
                    Make that three home wins after Cambridge visited today. The only goalscorer glories in the name of Duffus. Of course he does...

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                      Can either of our Lincoln correspondents see the Imps slipping up and Bury nipping in for the title?
                      We have away games at Mansfield, MK, Carlisle, i'm sure we will lose at least one of those. Just hope we can win our game in hand at home to Exeter on Tuesday.

Comment

Sounded like a solid performance and routine victory against Morecambe this afternoon. Two welcome changes to the first XI with Freck dropped and Mark O' Hara making his first start, and Matt Gilks in for Grant Smith between the sticks. Bruno Andrade continued his magnificent recent form with a brace and has 9 for the season. Shame Oldham couldn't hold on for a win against Bury, and we now have a massive home game on Tuesday against Exeter.

Comment

C'mon City, stuff the imps on their own patch!

Comment

Phew. Well I coughed Ł10 to watch that on ifollow this evening. I spent much of the first half shouting insults at the fucking useless cunts in red and white for their inept performance. Every single one of them was absolutely hopeless or anonymous and thoroughly deserved to be behind. The only surprise was that for all our shit football, Exeter were only 1-0 up. We had one great chance to equalise which Pett fired straight at Pym, and Andrade seemed more interested in winning a penalty rather than having a clear shot at goal. Second half wasn't much better, and then the Stoke Adonis came on and turned it around. Rheady won everything in the air, linked up brilliantly with Andrade and Akinde (the latter should have scored when clean through, may have been a hint of a foul, but he went down too easily). We squandered a chance from a yard after a scramble and then Rhead's flick on dropped to Akinde and he somehow drove it low at the near post past Pym. Utterly awful performance, absolutely brilliant determination and attitude again.

Comment

A good result for City against the conniving Cowleys and this year's Wycombe considering we had so many key players (Dean Moxey, Lee Martin and our best player Nicky Law all out injured). Hopefully the manner of the performance can carry over to Tranmere. With those players to come back plus hopefully a returning Hiram Boateng feeling like a new signing City can return to the form they showed at the start of the season at a key time. Lincoln are definitely going up and nothing will stop them now though Bury might push for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Payne View Post
                                A good result for City against the conniving Cowleys and this year's Wycombe considering we had so many key players (Dean Moxey, Lee Martin and our best player Nicky Law all out injured). Hopefully the manner of the performance can carry over to Tranmere. With those players to come back plus hopefully a returning Hiram Boateng feeling like a new signing City can return to the form they showed at the start of the season at a key time. Lincoln are definitely going up and nothing will stop them now though Bury might push for the title.
                                Now with added Gaeilge!

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Now with added Gaeilge!
                                  At least the examiner have attached a photo of Sincil Bank and called us by our real name. The BBC news story included a team called Lincoln FC whilst depicting Northampton Town players.

Comment

We’ve heard it all before but there appears to be a rogue in charge of a professional football club.

This chap has opted for Project Stealth, leading the club to a more or less immediate promotion, but since then has evolved into what might politely be described as an eccentric. Not only does he pick the managers (more of that later) he picks most of the players. These usually come from the lower divisions of a variety (he’s not fussy) of European leagues. And so far his success rate with his player picks is an outstanding zero percent.

His managerial appointments have all been punts. When faced with choosing between experience or economy he’s consistently favoured the latter. Five managers have rocked up to Vale Park since he took charge, and only one of them had previously managed a league club (and that was for a mere seventeen games).

And best of all, he not only looks like a Peter Griffin parody he acts like one too. Even his name is faintly comical.

Step forward Norman Smurthwaite, chairman of the nicest team in the Potteries, who are hurtling towards relegation from the EFL. He’ has claimed to have been beaten up by Port Vale fans (though no police report exists), he’ has claimed to have been run over one evening (coincidentally on the same road he’ had been beaten up on) and he now claims he’ is eager to sell the club. Yet he refuses all offers.

https://www.valeforsale.co.uk/the-norman-mysteries.php
                                    Last edited by HORN; 02-03-2019, 04:33.

Comment

Another absolutely magnificent comeback from Lincoln against FGR yesterday. Change of formation too with Rhead and Akinde playing together up front. Glad Eardley has remembered how to cross, though little concerned that Danny Rowe wasn't in squad at all. Roll on Friday night.

Comment

After losing to Northampton you can stick a pin in Exeter, we're done. We might look like we can still make the playoffs but 12th is more likely. The challenge for our rookie manager is finding goals, not old carthorses sucking up a wage like Bowman. If there's no signs of an improvement (or very mitigating circumstances) by Christmas I'd get rid. The rot was started by Tisdale but shows no sign of turning around.

Comment

Another big test for the Mighty Imps last night away at Field Mill. Absolute horrowshow (i'm going through A Clockwork Orange phase) of a start, conceding after three minutes from a routine corner, but the Stags failed to take advantage of their dominance and Lincoln never give up that easily. Whilst the second half was an improvement, Mansfield's defence was good and I wasn't sure how we'd get a goal. Thankfully the Mansfield keeper had a rush of blood and took out Harry Anderson and John Akinde showed great nerves of steel again from the spot to equalise. Onward to Crawley at the weekend.

Comment

I watched most of that game, it was of high quality and very entertaining.

One question, do the Cowleys always appear to be arguing with each other in the dugout or was this just because Lincoln were trailing for most of last night?

Comment

Ha. Yes, that question has crossed my mind.

When Newport played there earlier he got red-carded (they were winning).

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                I watched most of that game, it was of high quality and very entertaining.

One question, do the Cowleys always appear to be arguing with each other in the dugout or was this just because Lincoln were trailing for most of last night?
                                                I've only ever seen the pair of them argue with the fourth official, hence the occasional yellow/red cards. They are always deep in discussion with one another, probably bemoaning the shite defending for Mansfield's goal.
                                                Was a good game to watch as a neutral I imagine - as was Bury v Lincoln previously.

Comment

Newport’s Fraser Franks has retired, aged 28, due to a heart condition.

Comment

Tranmere, on a great run, are currently winning 2-0 in an awkward away fixture at Colchester. I haven't looked up how many goals James Norwood has scored for them this season but it seems like a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X