• Show
Clear All

• ingoldale
    replied
    Aaaand breathe.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    How long has Dunne got do you reckon Janik?

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    You do need to factor in to that that Cambridge appear to be abysmal this season. Now in the bottom 2...

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    In recent away games Newport have kept things tight, winning their last three, conceding just one goal.

Then there’s their psychedelic home form in the last three matches:

Yeovil L 0-6
    Cambridge W 4-2
    Macclesfield D 3-3.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Originally posted by RobW View Post
    With respect to Cheltenham fans here, I really thought they were awful against us today. Lincoln didn't do enough in the final third (particularly first half), but we were very comfortable at the back all game. In the end we're thankful for the OG for the opening goal, but it was deserved and McCartan certainly deserved his goal through sheer persistence throughout the game. Still top, despite not playing our best but we were never in serious trouble defensively. Still had to listen to twats moaning that we weren't winning (and demanding big Matt Rhead came on), just before the first goal. They probably think that for the money we paid for Akinde, he should score every game. Granted he missed a great chance in the first half, and inadvertently blocked a goal bound shot in second, but his strength, movement and pace is excellent. I feel a little for Matt Green not getting a look in, but his time will come again.
    I thought first half we held on for dear life along with the first 10 mins of the second half, after that we finally looked like getting something going when we were sucker-punched by the goal.

After that any confidence we had, which wasn't much anyway, was completely drained and we never even remotely looked like getting back into it.

I'm not surprised by the result, or the performance, Lincoln were a class above, but I'd happily forego yesterday's defeat if we beat Morecambe on Tuesday evening.

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    With respect to Cheltenham fans here, I really thought they were awful against us today. Lincoln didn't do enough in the final third (particularly first half), but we were very comfortable at the back all game. In the end we're thankful for the OG for the opening goal, but it was deserved and McCartan certainly deserved his goal through sheer persistence throughout the game. Still top, despite not playing our best but we were never in serious trouble defensively. Still had to listen to twats moaning that we weren't winning (and demanding big Matt Rhead came on), just before the first goal. They probably think that for the money we paid for Akinde, he should score every game. Granted he missed a great chance in the first half, and inadvertently blocked a goal bound shot in second, but his strength, movement and pace is excellent. I feel a little for Matt Green not getting a look in, but his time will come again.

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    A Bury fan suffered a heart attack in the Main Stand before Saturday's game and died later despite efforts to revive him. RIP Shaker.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    Nice one.

This banner is said to have caused some upset among the seven travelling Franchise customers

Someone on Twitter called us a 'disgrace' - or rather directed their initial tweet at Lincoln United before realising the error. Allegedly one of the ballboys was giving them grief as well, haha.

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Another winless and goalless match from the Mariners this weekend. The Fishy and social media have gone into tedious meltdown in recent weeks. Lots of people calling for the managers head already. I think it is way too early - we need to ride this out (and Fenty has demonstrated fairly thick skin on this front in recent years) and give Jolley chance to improve it.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Got the year wrong.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    YES! GET STUFFED YOU FRANCHISE BASTARDS!
    Nice one.

This banner is said to have caused some upset among the seven travelling Franchise customers

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Giggler View Post
    Are you travelling tomorrow, WFD?
    Sorry just seen this - no, I'm away in Belfast this weekend but Third Rate Lezno kept me updated on news of the score, smoke bomb developments and inevitable drunkenness of our travelling support.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    YES! GET STUFFED YOU FRANCHISE BASTARDS!

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    Are you travelling tomorrow, WFD?

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Finally! The council and club actually working together towards a new ground https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/new...unity-stadium/ and we are celebrating the clubs 140th anniversary tonight in the pub where it all started: https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/new...this-thursday/

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    I find that extremely commendable. I think the Memphis Rogues did something similar in the early 80s...

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Please come and watch us...

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    No no, the apologies are all mine. Sorry for not being cretinous enough to laugh at hilarious nicknames like 'the gimps'!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Originally posted by imp View Post
    Radio Lincs was talking about Crawley "hanging on for dear life" at the end, but that's not how I saw it - they managed their lead superbly and defended really well, reflected in the fact that Mensah's chance was about the only decent one Lincoln created in the entire second half.

Anyway, it was really nice to meet you and chat, Rob. Nice bantz smackdown of Ingoldale, who used to regularly aim his inane anti-Lincoln jibes my way when he first came on here, but has held his fire in recent years. If there's one thing I've always disliked about being a Lincoln fan it's this fatuous, hugely fake rivalry and the moronic exchanges in both directions.
    I do apologise Mr High-brow

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    He was sent off as well.

Crawley deserved to beat us yesterday, we were absolutely awful in the first half, hoofing it aimlessly. Crawley on the other hand were neat, got behind us and deserved their half time lead. City looked sharper after the break but Frecklington was rightly sent off for a late tackle. We dominated possession but created little in the way of chances, though Mensah should have done better late on.
    Radio Lincs was talking about Crawley "hanging on for dear life" at the end, but that's not how I saw it - they managed their lead superbly and defended really well, reflected in the fact that Mensah's chance was about the only decent one Lincoln created in the entire second half.

Anyway, it was really nice to meet you and chat, Rob. Nice bantz smackdown of Ingoldale, who used to regularly aim his inane anti-Lincoln jibes my way when he first came on here, but has held his fire in recent years. If there's one thing I've always disliked about being a Lincoln fan it's this fatuous, hugely fake rivalry and the moronic exchanges in both directions.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    After a fantastic win against an atrocious Northampton on Saturday we finally look set to name a new manager.

Step forward Cheltenham's greatest ever youth product, and now Burnley legend, Michael Duff.

I'm a big fan of this appointment. It was due to be announced on Friday but Burnley, the bastards , were insistent on compensation. The fact that it is £5k more than what they paid for him in the first place is laughable in a way. What's more laughable is our bored thinking they should be able to appoint someone contracted elsewhere without paying compo (to quote a director's message to by Blackburn supporting cousin - "I hate Burnley nearly as much as you do").

EDIT: Confirmed

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/septe...obins-manager/
    Last edited by Simon G; 10-09-2018, 18:39.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by ingoldale View Post
    Surely you're used to that by now..?
    How's that brilliant passing football you constantly play going? Oh...

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by HORN View Post
    Number 16 in the series entitled “Don’t people check this stuff?”.
    I like how they've copyrighted two of the players names

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    He was sent off as well.

Crawley deserved to beat us yesterday, we were absolutely awful in the first half, hoofing it aimlessly. Crawley on the other hand were neat, got behind us and deserved their half time lead. City looked sharper after the break but Frecklington was rightly sent off for a late tackle. We dominated possession but created little in the way of chances, though Mensah should have done better late on.
    Surely you're used to that by now..?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X