No announcement yet.

Griffin's Penultimate Stand - Division 2 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your view on Iskra Bugojno getting relegated to the Bosnian third division?

In your mind, are they still playing an eternal version of their 1985 Mitropa Cup final triumph?

Comment

Radio said that there were about two hundred Bolton fans today, generally seen as the lowest following that anyone can remember at Pride Park.

Comment

How many of us were there when the floodlights "failed"? More than that, I guess.

Comment

Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 13-04-2019, 18:05.

Comment

Assuming so, will have had less at the Baseball Ground in the Anglo Italian, seem to remember away fans being in double figures for some of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
              Ipswich in the third tier doesn't sound right at all, does it? In my mind's eye they're still winning the UEFA Cup.
              In mine Alf Ramsay's leading them to promotion

Comment

In mine Roger Osborne scores and Mariner is in oceans of space.

Meanwhile, Reading!

Comment

What about 'em?

Comment

Well they bloody won. I was pleased.

Comment

Yes, so you did. So did we. Probably our most dominant performance of the season, if too little and too late. Might have saved our asses though. You guys have Swansea next I see. Probably not the best time to meet them I'm afraid...

Comment

It looks like it's probably down to us, Derby and Boro for the last play off place. Although we still have Wednesday away, so no way would I be presumptuous enough to rule them out. The thought that the play off semi would most likely be against Sheffield United or Leeds should be enough to put some lead in their pencils.

As for City, well who knows. Apart from against Villa, we seem to be achieving the exact opposite result to what you would expect in every game.

Comment

I think you can safely rule Wednesday out now. It's too many points and too many clubs above us. Even if we won all our games (which we won't since the next one's at Carrow Road) I don't think we'd be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                            It looks like it's probably down to us, Derby and Boro for the last play off place. Although we still have Wednesday away, so no way would I be presumptuous enough to rule them out. The thought that the play off semi would most likely be against Sheffield United or Leeds should be enough to put some lead in their pencils.

As for City, well who knows. Apart from against Villa, we seem to be achieving the exact opposite result to what you would expect in every game.
                            The other play off semi is shaping up to be west brom vs villa. In my mind's eye they are beating us for the umpteenth time in either one of the top two divisions, take your pick. And they've won something like nine on the bounce now whereas we don't have a manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                              It looks like it's probably down to us, Derby and Boro for the last play off place.
                              We have a very easy run-in but can barely beat an egg at the moment so youse have got to be favourites at this point. Derby and City both have a game in hand on us as well, though I think it might be against each other. To be honest I'm astonished that we're still in this at all given that we've been mostly garbage since at least December. If we do scrape through to the play-offs we will get crushed by whoever is lucky enough to play us.

Comment

Brentford's players are already on the beach in away games at least.

However, they can make me forgive a succession of feeble performances by fulfilling my one remaining wish for this season - beat Leeds on Easter Monday.

Comment

Reading have developed a degree of resilience under Gomes. They haven't lost consecutive games under him, and have been scoring regularly – just flaky at the back. There even seems something of a feelgood factor around the club, basically because Ron Gourlay was ousted. They've certainly given themselves a a decent chance with this week's results. But, Reading's Easter period looks much harder on paper than, say, Rotherham's.

Comment

I suspect the final relegation spot could go down to Wigan v Millwall on the last day of the season

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                      Much of it is to do with Paul Lambert's relentless positivity, but there can rarely have been such a good feeling around a club that is cut adrift and heading for their lowest league status in 60 years as there is at Ipswich right now. Five academy players played today, another was on the bench. Lambert is pledging to cut back on loanees. Fans are enthusiastic about the future and everything feels like it's going in the right direction at last.

Apart from the results, like.

So it was nice to actually get a win as well today. Relegation was accepted as inevitable months ago, it's all about preparations for next season now and getting the fans back on side after the dreary McCarthy years and the Hurst disaster.
                                      Season ticket details out in a few hours, that'll probably kill the momentum.

Comment

The chance of an automatic promotion spot for the Blades haven't completely gone but the odds have widened significantly after 2 draws in the last two matches. They will take another dive now after the club announced that Sharp and Basham are both out of the Easter matches and likely the rest of the season. Egan is suspended for a match following his deliberate handball against Millwall and others look to be running on pain killers and thin air. To top it all though our co-owners start slugging it out in court today. (again) https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2019/914.html Brilliant timing as always. All doom and gloom but can we rise from the dead?
                                        Last edited by Glass Half Empty; 17-04-2019, 09:58.

Comment

I guess that Bielsa's spies hadn't watched Wigan practice playing with 10 men. I think I saw that this was their first away win of the season - and they did it with 10 men from the 14th minute

Comment

I don't think it was Wigan's first away win of the season..... possibly their first away win since 22 August 2018 though....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45191566

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                              Reading's Easter period looks much harder on paper than, say, Rotherham's.
                                              Reading’s final three games are against West Brom, Middlesbrough and Birmingham. Rotherham’s final three games are against, er, Birmingham, West Brom and Middlesbrough.

Comment

https://twitter.com/sanchez_dnb/status/1119322518526013441?s=19

Comment

Lovely, always enjoy screamers where the ball turns slowly.

Comment

I couldn't begin to predict who might get second place to Norwich out of Sheffield United and Leeds, but I'm pretty sure that it will be Villa that go up through the play-offs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X