X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuba want him back (Che Evans)

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      Do Birmingham have some political connections that might have enabled them to pull strings for the light sentence?
      Hard to know. There's a general feeling that bigger clubs get more of a break than smaller ones, but I'm not sure there's any hard evidence for that. The whole process seems entirely arbitrary. It's the first time anyone, so far as I know, has heard about any correlation between amount overspent and number of points deducted for instance. Did they make that up on the spot, or what?

Comment

What are the criteria for determining whether a points deduction should take place immediately or in the following season?

Or are they, as I suspect, just making it up as they go along?

Comment

They have to take place soon after the financial statements are released, so deductions/fines happen in the current season. Otherwise a club might get promoted and the deduction would beunenforceable. Which is what happened to us, until we were relegated, also Leicester and Bournemouth.

Comment

I had read that they were facing a 12 point deduction not a 9 point one. I suspect there's a bit of the same attitude that saw WHU avoid a points deduction over the Tevez incident, on the lines of - It wouldn't be fair on the fans to deduct points so late in the season. 9 points looks manageable for them 12 would increase the possibility of relegation significantly.

Comment

Not an understatement to say we could be five goals clear at half time. QPR don't look like a team with a new manager bounce barring an astonishing second half recovery.

Comment

Four in the end for City. Rangers made a better fist of it in the second half but the result was never in doubt. Stupid red card by Buendia who misses three games but probably a question of when rather than if for us now.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post
                  Not an understatement to say we could be five goals clear at half time. QPR don't look like a team with a new manager bounce barring an astonishing second half recovery.
                  We've never had a new manager bounce in living memory. An utterly predictable result. We've three (theoretically) winnable games coming up. If we don't get points from them we could well be the third team relegated.

Comment

Well it's a good job we've already passed the 50-point mark, dearie me.

Comment

Aye.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

We've never had a new manager bounce in living memory. An utterly predictable result. We've three (theoretically) winnable games coming up. If we don't get points from them we could well be the third team relegated.
                        Don't worry, whatever bounce may have followed the unconvincing Jose Gomes' arrival is well and truly over. If a hooped team goes it won't be QPR.

Comment

Much of it is to do with Paul Lambert's relentless positivity, but there can rarely have been such a good feeling around a club that is cut adrift and heading for their lowest league status in 60 years as there is at Ipswich right now. Five academy players played today, another was on the bench. Lambert is pledging to cut back on loanees. Fans are enthusiastic about the future and everything feels like it's going in the right direction at last.

Apart from the results, like.

So it was nice to actually get a win as well today. Relegation was accepted as inevitable months ago, it's all about preparations for next season now and getting the fans back on side after the dreary McCarthy years and the Hurst disaster.

Comment

Whoops - wrong thread
                            Last edited by Simon G; 07-04-2019, 07:22. Reason: Wrong thread

Comment

Forest's capitulation against relegation zone teams in recent weeks looks to have killed off any play-off hopes. Another wasted season.

Comment

Heck of a game at Carrow Rd.

Comment

Terrible game at the New Den. But at least we didn't lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                    Heck of a game at Carrow Rd.
                                    Don't think my nerves can take much more this season. Absolutely ridiculous last ten minutes.

Comment

Probably best not to count your canaries but a 7-point lead over 3rd spot with five games to play is a great place to be.

Comment

Reading needed the two lost points more than Norwich I fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                          Probably best not to count your canaries but a 7-point lead over 3rd spot with five games to play is a great place to be.
                                          Agreed. It is very much in our hands still, but we need to get over the line sooner than later - there is still the fear of a possible choke and we badly missed the suspended Buendia. I don't fancy going to Villa Park on the final day needing a result, especially with Leeds and Sheff Utd facing an almost certainly disinterested Ipswich in the last couple of weeks. I'm hopefully spiralling unecessarily and we'll get the job done.

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                          Reading needed the two lost points more than Norwich I fear.
                                          Possibly although if Reading remain as organised as they looked for long periods, then they may have a good chance of staying up. Amidst the mayhem at the end, it's forgotten that they earlier missed a golden chance to make it 2-0 (I'm not sure we would have recovered from that). The two goals Reading scored were beautifully struck, although Rinomhota was allowed the freedom of Norwich to take aim for the second goal.

Comment

That's it for us, I think. Couldn't keep a lead against ten men. Sincil Bank next season...

Comment

Ipswich are relegated and we'll play in a non-regionalised Division 3 for the first time in our history.

Never mind.

Comment

Beeb reporter said there were 9 (videprinter NINE) Bolton fans away at Derby.

Apparently this is not accurate, but never mind, we'll go with the story anyway, it's truthy enough.

Comment

Sounds like bollocks. And fuck you Sheffield United...

Comment

Ipswich in the third tier doesn't sound right at all, does it? In my mind's eye they're still winning the UEFA Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X