No announcement yet.

Griffin's Penultimate Stand - Division 2 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally optimistic vibes starting to quiver around Bramall Lane following our 3 win run. Norwood looks an excellent signing and with him and Duffy replacing Evans and Lundstrum in midfield we are starting starting to play the sort of football we were prior to Coutts' leg break last season. Talking of Coutts there is a good chance of him returning to the bench against Villa next weekend which would be great for him and the prospect of him Fleck, Norwood and Duffy running around in our midfield is already getting my juices running.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
      I wouldn’t be surprised to see the opening put back to the start of the 2020-21 season.
      Re the thread title. Brentford have just announced that the move to Lionel Road has been delayed until Summer 2020 so there’s another full season at Griffin Park.

Comment

Dammit, scrap the thread and start again, someone.

Comment

No suggestions for a rename, then?

I'm quite partial to "Winning Eleven" until Bielsa implodes.

Comment

No, I second VA's proposal. Assuming we replay all the fixtures too, naturally.

Comment

Griffin's Penultimate Stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                No, I second VA's proposal. Assuming we replay all the fixtures too, naturally.
                Ha, yes indeed Kev. Your previous request has so far gone unheeded, though, so I suspect this one will too alas:
                That'll do Norwich. But can we just skip to the nice attacking football next time?

Comment

Cup game I know, but last night saw the lowest attendance for a game at the KC Stadium since it opened 16 years ago. This was even with cheap entry, which seems to put the kibbosh on any kind of pretence that people would flood back if tickets were cheaper. Yet another defeat served to highlight the glaring lack of quality at Nigel Adkins's disposal, and with 2 days of the loan window left, there seems to be no imminent signs of any deals being completed. Should no one come in, there seems to be an increasing consensus that Nige will walk, either before or after Saturday's match (against Frank Lampard's Derby, again). As an interesting aside, someone found that he'd 'liked' a tweet which contained a link to an article all about...........toxicity in the workplace ��

Comment

We've signed US International defender Geoff Cameron from Stoke on a five month loan. That's our fourth loan since the transfer window closed.

Comment

Ipswich have got Jonathan Walters back on loan. Great coup, that.

Comment

Ipswich have got Jonathan Walters back on loan. Great coup, that.
                        Yes, a warm welcome back to Jon.

Walters was Paul Hurst's 11th summer signing, Everton defender Matt Pennington is the 12th. Meanwhile, almost all of our own young pros have been nowhere near the first team and packed off on loan. It all feels a bit panicky at the moment and, I confess, not quite what I was hoping for.

Comment

Ha ha, a typical loan window deadline day at City, with us defying the odds and actually signing 2 players of decent quality, although whether it's enough to keep us up is another thing. We were linked with quite a few others across the day, including Marvin Johnson from Boro, but they seemed to want to hold onto him, only to ship him off to the Blunts at the last moment. This might not end up being such a problem though, due to the antics of Kamil Grosicki, who flew to Turkey to join Bursapor, had a medical and agreed terms, only to change his mind and was last seen running away from his hotel (no, really). Granted, the European loan window is open a bit longer and he may still end up elsewhere, but the possibility of getting his sulky arse back here and maybe getting him playing would give us a definite chance of avoiding relegation, if he can be bothered, of course.

Comment

Useful victory for Wednesday today at a place we never win (Reading) and we've shot up to ninth in the league now. A lot of fans seem to be getting rather excited at this and pointing out it's our best start under Chansiri, but the reality is this is just a par return. We've had a very easy start to the season, we beat Millwall, Ipswich and Reading, we didn't beat Wigan and Hull and we unsurprisingly lost to the only decent team we've played (Brentford) who absolutely took us to the cleaners. We've got a much more difficult run before the next international break, if we're still ninth at that point then I might join the excitement.

Comment

I'm really glad I didn't pay money watch Brum manage a sense-numbing scoreless draw against an ultra careful Rs.*

* Actually I did. Not very much but still too much.

Comment

Stay classy, United.

Comment

A late win against Forest who were dreadful in the first half. Pure Karankaball. After falling behind just before half-time, they showed for 20 minutes that they could play some football but Watkins’ winner was well deserved.

Twelve bookings in the game, seven for Forest. I’m encouraged by this as it shows that this season Brentford are more resistant to being bullied. And we’ve found another gem in Said Benrahma.

Comment

I’m impressed with West Brom’s manager who according to the match commentator on the EFL highlights “literally kicks every single ball”.
                                    Last edited by HORN; 02-09-2018, 13:22.

Comment

I'm sure there's a rule against that.

Comment

It's not impossible. "Literally" the balls are simply those spherical objects. In a multiball system you have, what, ten? Some kind of odd superstition whereby he kicks all of them before kick off is clearly weird but doable

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                          LOL - at least the football is classy which must be a strange concept for you lot.

Comment

Sticky times for Bolton. Could be in administration by tomorrow morning.

Comment

A club that has been clinging on for a long time now - hardly a surprise but potentially desperate times for the genuine fans.

Comment

As I said last time...

(Note: I hope that it doesn't happen.)

Comment

Only just picked up on the Panagiotis Tachtsidis transfer to Forest. So you can cancel a contract of a player at one club you own and then sign him as a free agent outside the transfer window at another club you own and this is OK?

Comment

Forest are obviously a disgusting club who will circumvent rules on a whim.

Not that I'm biased or anything. Obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X