No announcement yet.

Griffin's Penultimate Stand - Division 2 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Frank Lampard's Derby should also join this club.

Comment

Schteve in the schite tonight.

Comment

But at least it gives us the chance to see if Bristol City have maintained their high standards of goal alert GIFs from last season. And yes, they have.

https://twitter.com/BristolCity/status/1031992207144890368?s=19
        https://twitter.com/BristolCity/stat...144890368?s=19

Comment

Frank Lampard's Derby County take the lead.

Comment

Tom Lawrence doubles it.

Comment

Their first two shots on target according to the BBC's never-total-bullshit stats.

Comment

I can confirm that that is true. We sort of give the ball to Lawrence who loses it or shoots over generally.

He now has 3 this season has been pretty woeful bar those touches.

Comment

We are so fucked. It's hard to see any way obvious way out of this. Even if we could find another manager (who'd want to come?) We can't afford afford to pay them.

Comment

Schurely Schteve is getting the schack?

Comment

I schtrongly doubt it, at this point anyway.

We owe the FL £20 million and Ian Holloway a year's wages, we've also got little wiggle room with FFP. Unless Schteve walks — dragging his tattered reputation behind him — I think we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future. It's already been mooted in some quarters that Chris Ramsey might be asked to take over. But, really, why would he? He was treated as a laughing stock last time and he had better (or more expensive) players then.

Comment

Schit.

Comment

Carvalhal?

Comment

75 minutes of turgid, dull crap. Then two very nicely taken goals.

That'll do Norwich. But can we just skip to the nice attacking football next time?

Comment

Fuck a duck we've won a game!

Comment

Bottom 3 of the Championship all managed by ex-Derby bosses.

Feel a bit for Mac but the other two can get stuffed.

Comment

Wigan won 0–3 at Stoke tonight. Guess who they play on Saturday... [gulp!]

Comment

I imagine Chris Mepham will be replacing Ashley Williams for Wales in the forthcoming games given their relative starts to the season.

Comment

In desperate search for warm bodies who know what that thing with three posts and a net is we've signed loanee Nahki Wells from Burnley, and (expected later today) Tomer Hemed from Brighton.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                        who know what that thing with three posts and a net is
                                        Nah, beats me. Is this some kind of Aussie Rules variant?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          I imagine Chris Mepham will be replacing Ashley Williams for Wales in the forthcoming games given their relative starts to the season.
                                          I would hope so for your sake. As it happens, Chris has had a slightly dodgy start to the season and has been responsible for a couple of goals but he is a superb prospect.

There are currently a lot of reasons for watching Brentford but one of the best is his centre-back partnership with another 20 year-old, Ezri Konza.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                            In desperate search for warm bodies who know what that thing with three posts and a net is we've signed loanee Nahki Wells from Burnley, and (expected later today) Tomer Hemed from Brighton.
                                            Isn't it at the other end where your main problems lie?

Comment

Both ends I'm afraid. We haven't had a reliable striker since Charlie Austin left, or any upfield pressure to speak of. The defensive issue is relatively recent and might be fixable provided Schteve realises we don't have Man City type defenders who can pass from the back. The loss of Smithies in goal and Onuoha in CD has been significant though.

Comment

Wells or Hemed would have been useful additions for us, as we can't really rely on Fraizer Campbell's muscles of blancmange to hold up for a full season, and beyond him our striking options are somewhat limited. We are also crying out for a centre back of reasonable experience, as the goals we conceded on Tuesday showed. A week of the loan window left, which if the transfer window is anything to go by, means the chairman has fucked off on holiday and made himself uncontactable.

Comment

I'd have thought Nedum Onuoha would have been perfect CB for you guys. Especially as the stated reason for him not re-signing was that he wanted a move back up North. However there's been nary a whisper of a club, which seems weird given the number of Lancs and Yorks clubs in the division. There's a recent rumour that he's retiring, and getting involved family business interests so maybe that's it for him.

Comment

We were linked with him during the summer, but he probably wanted more than £500 a week in wages, and there's no way our chairman is going to spend that sort of money on the squad, especially when he's just bought himself a new Lamborghini.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X