No announcement yet.

Griffin's Penultimate Stand - Division 2 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it seems like the play off places are done and dusted, attention turns to the race for the title. Currently Sheff Utd are 2 all away to Stoke and Norwich are 1-1 away to Villa.

Comment

Does the title really matter?

Comment

Roofe's penalty. The second half of our season in one kick.

Comment

Originally posted by statto99 View Post
          From The Guardian live blog: "Villa have just broken 4 on 3, while Norwich had a man down. *Naturally, they hoofed the ball out*. They carried on playing." Can this be verified?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
            Does the title really matter?
            It's one of the loveliest trophies in football, nice to claim it. Winning any division matters, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

So I can never, ever mention such things again because you personally have decided that Tyler Roberts is a cheat? You know what you can do with that.

Comment

But, but, but...I ordered the cards and everything!

Comment

And, you know, your witless drivel and whataboutery has got very tiresome.

Comment

It's one of the loveliest trophies in football, nice to claim it. Winning any division matters, surely?
                    You're right.

Comment

So I can never, ever mention such things again because you personally have decided that Tyler Roberts is a cheat? You know what you can do with that.
                      Well you're welcome to keep bringing it up constantly, but you'll probably keep being rebuked each time. Or we can all, you know, move on.

Comment

And, you know, your witless drivel and whataboutery has got very tiresome.
                        You're willingness to act as judge and jury on a young player when apparently you don't do this to anyone else gets on the wick just as incessantly.

Comment

You're willingness to act as judge and jury on a young player when apparently you don't do this to anyone else gets on the wick just as incessantly.
                          You know Tyler Roberts is probably absolutely fine, don't you? I'm sure he's moved on far more effectively that you have, but then again so has the entire rest of the world. I'll try and check when I cheer him on in Croatia and Hungary next month, I'm sure you'll still be mewling on then.

Comment

Yay, Ipswich hit 30 points! A nice end to a somewhat difficult season there. With no fully fit strikers or wingers, we score three at home for the first time this sesson, with two goals from academy youngsters.

Comment

Straight red for Hal Robson-Kanu. He'll miss the next two games. Not that Villa would have been quaking in their boots to have faced him nor would he have started either game. But still, a bit idiotic, especially considering he'd only been on the pitch for about 10 minutes.

Comment

Anyways. Congratulations to Derby and good luck to them in the play-offs.

Comment

You know Tyler Roberts is probably absolutely fine, don't you? I'm sure he's moved on far more effectively that you have, but then again so has the entire rest of the world. I'll try and check when I cheer him on in Croatia and Hungary next month, I'm sure you'll still be mewling on then.
                                  You've also clearly moved on. Although it's reassuring to know that your self-appointed task to judge peoples' motivations and the validity of their opinions is securely in place.
                                  Last edited by statto99; 05-05-2019, 13:37.

Comment

I'd still like to hear Tyler Roberts' take on this, but I suppose he's had his mouth shut for him.

Comment

You've also clearly moved on.
                                      We all have, you just KEEP ON BRINGING IT UP AGAIN AND AGAIN.

If you're making a plea for me and everyone else to ignore you embarrassing yourself with your constant references then I'll gladly oblige.

The card image was good though, I was pleased with that I'll admit.

Comment

As much as I am glad you came back statto I am 100% with Ray here. You're the one who brought it up and as he says there is a significant difference which is the entire point here

Comment

Can a deluded, tinfoil hat wearing, mewling, conspiracy theorist really make things much worse for themselves? I've already been judged.

Comment

Fair enough, ad hoc. Clearly something wrong with me. Bye everyone.

Comment

Suppose I'd best acknowledge that we now have to play Leeds now, need something special for that they have absolutely destroyed us twice this season.

Cheers for the best wishes as well, commiserations to Bristol City and 'Boro, although online chatter suggests that getting rid of Pullis was the priority.

Comment

Ffs

Comment

No one likes us and we're actually very thin skinned about it actually and it really hurts our feelings

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post
                                                    Cheers for the best wishes as well, commiserations to Bristol City and 'Boro, although online chatter suggests that getting rid of Pullis was the priority.
                                                    Oh yes, a lot of our fans seem to be more focussed on getting Pulis out than supporting the team at the moment. I'm a bit torn about it, because while I agree that Pulis hasn't done enough and I wouldn't mind seeing the back of him, I also don't think he's been as disastrous as many make out (finishing 7th is hardly a disgrace, and the football has been genuinely good at times even if that seems a long time ago now), and this attitude from a section of the fans has made the atmosphere a bit poisonous at some games, with the crowd pretty much turning on the team (Bristol City at home was the low point for me, I hated every minute of that game and not just for the shit football.)

As much as I would have liked us to make the play-offs, I feel that in a way it's only right that a team positive and genuinely excited about it gets that spot. If we'd finished 6th, we would have gone into the play-offs with all that bitterness and resentment hanging over the club no matter the outcome. Also more pragmatically we just don't deserve it over the course of the season. A team losing 6 games in a row in March/April is just not play-off material.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X