Griffin's Penultimate Stand - Division 2 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturo View Post

I'd have a little bit more sympathy for Bamford but then I remember how he sulked and plodded his way through a loan spell during our last foray in the top flight. There was a player who appeared to think he was too good for us but actually offered nothing of note. Nor any goals.
    This is a perfect description of his time at Turf Moor.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1121897473813950466?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Great minds...

Comment

Glad I'm away and haven't been affected by this. I suspect that if Bolton hadn't already been relegated they might just have found a way to fulfil the fixture.

Brentford supporters who don't want to waste their train fares are planning to attend Chorley v Bradford Park Avenue.

Comment

When was the last time this happened in the Second Division?

Even Italy keeps such shenanigans out of Serie B.

Comment

What the fuck? It's a good job Bolton's last two fixtures are both dead rubbers.

Comment

The legacy of Shaun Harvey. The league did nothing, absolutely nothing, to prevent this from happening. They're truly not fit for purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                  What the fuck? It's a good job Bolton's last two fixtures are both dead rubbers.
                  Was curious to find out the origin of this phrase and waa suitably surprised by the answer.

Comment

The EFL are going to force Bolton to fulfil their fixtures, probably by rescheduling the Brentford game for midweek. Are there regulations to stop them putting out an U23 or similar age group side?

Comment

The EFL's statement says that Bolton have enough players "registered and available" to fulfill the remaining fixtures even without the absent first-teamers. They hint that the under-18s might be used - they had a fixture on Thursday so couldn't play again today.

I assume that April wages for all employees are due within the next few days. Wonder if they'll try and get the Brentford game played on Monday night in case the entire administrative and operational staff down tools over (presumable) lack of pay.

Comment

The stadium is scheduled to be hosting the Lancashire Junior Cup final between Colne and Southport on Monday night. Bolton's women's team are using the ground tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

A well considered view.

http://twohundredpercent.net/bolton-...nancial-model/

Comment

In the Greater Manchester area, Bolton, Bury and Oldham are in a dire, possibly terminal, state.

A fraction of City or United's weekly wage bill would sort them all out.

Comment

Bollocks fuck cunt bloody bastard shit and Sheffield Wednesday.

Comment

Hard luck, mate. Sympathies.

Comment

Condolences Tim. I was hoping it would be anyone but the Millers... again.

Comment

The 200 Percent piece is unsurprisingly good, and yet it is very difficult for me to see a mechanism by which a more equitable distribution comes about.

Especially in a country that seems to double down on winner take all income inequality and real estate speculation every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                      Bollocks fuck cunt bloody bastard shit and Sheffield Wednesday.
                                      Commiserations. I thought you deserved to stay up.

Comment

Sorry Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                          The legacy of Shaun Harvey. The league did nothing, absolutely nothing, to prevent this from happening. They're truly not fit for purpose.
                                          Leeds fans can attest to the financial and administrative genius of Shaun Harvey.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                            Condolences Tim. I was hoping it would be anyone but the Millers... again.
                                            Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                              The EFL are going to force Bolton to fulfil their fixtures, probably by rescheduling the Brentford game for midweek. Are there regulations to stop them putting out an U23 or similar age group side?
                                              Apparently there are. They were quoted on Five Live last night. Agreed last summer by the EFL apparently. Something about no more than 10 players can be different in consecutive match squads.

Comment

Commiserations GO, congratulations to all the Norwich fans on here.

Nuhiu scored for us and Kieran Lee came on for the last ten minutes for his first appearance since December 2017. This is by far the best football news to come out of Sheffield today.

Comment

Aren't the league telling them to force their U18s to scab?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                                    Aren't the league telling them to force their U18s to scab?
                                                    Oh yes. Apparently so. Shurely they don't want to disregard one of their own sacred rules the moment it becomes inconvenient?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X