No announcement yet.

SalopChat and other clubs - Division 3 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunderland's fixtures have come out very skewed: no games between March 16 and April 3 then 9 games in 32 days, where they'll be playing catch-up on Barnsley and Luton from three games behind.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-03-2019, 15:43.

Comment

Half the division in relegation scrap = half the managers in danger (or already gone). Walsall sack Dean Keates.

Come on Argyle, panic. You know you want to.

Comment

Shrewsbury doing their best to stay in the relegation mix, although they got lucky with other results yesterday and are up to 15th.

Comment

3 of Scunny's last 5 are at home, against the B's - Burton, Blackpool, Bratford. Away to Charlton and then Plymouth on the last day, which will not be great if we (or they) need something.

At the top, Sunderland just need a point from their 2 in hand to overhaul Barnsley, which even they should manage.

Comment

Barnsley appear to have blown it, but maybe it's a brilliant piece of skulduggery to get a pay-out from the play-offs, which they ought to win with ease?

Comment

Not with the way we've been playing lately.

The defeat yesterday has been coming for weeks as everyone seems to be off form.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                Shrewsbury doing their best to stay in the relegation mix, although they got lucky with other results yesterday and are up to 15th.
                14th I will have you know. Though we are still 4 points clear, the same as last week ,so we may as well be 15th.

Comment

Rovers appear to have decided that they do fancy a play-off place after all. Mind we still have to go to Sunderland on Good Friday, and could do without dropping points in the other games as we host Coventry on the final day.

Comment

Quiet little game going on at Sunderland currently. Coventry have just gone ahead for the fourth time in the match, this time making it 5-4. Let's see if they can hang on to that advantage in the way they didn't the previous three times.

Goal order, btw
                    12' 0-1
                    15' 1-1
                    18' 1-2
                    25' 1-3
                    41' 2-3
                    45+4' 3-3
                    55' 3-4
                    69' 4-4
                    78' 4-5

Oh, and have we stopped having the TV Watching/general thread for each weekend? 'cos one of those would have been neater for adding this post to...

Comment

Salop hit 50 points. Feels crazy to say they aren't safe but it would be insane if they went down now.

Comment

Oh, and commiserations to the Bantams fans on here.

Comment

Are they deffo down now?

Comment

Declared relegated on 5 Live Sports Report

Comment

They're not quite relegated, very much on the brink though, they need to win all 4 and hope everything else goes their way, which will be tough as Rochdale, Southend and Walsall are playing each other so will of course pick up points.

They will probably be down when they visit Glanford Park on the penultimate day, when they will of course turn into Barca and drag us down with them. The Iron today showed their stomach for the fight by rolling over at home to Burton, 0-3.

Comment

Yeah you're right. Can't trust the BBC. Although maybe they've taken into account other teams playing each other like they did to declare Lincoln promoted.

Comment

Argyle are slipping right back into trouble. It's got all the signs of a last day ding-dong against Scunthorpe with winner stays up.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                    Quiet little game going on at Sunderland currently. Coventry have just gone ahead for the fourth time in the match, this time making it 5-4. Let's see if they can hang on to that advantage in the way they didn't the previous three times.

Goal order, btw
                                    12' 0-1
                                    15' 1-1
                                    18' 1-2
                                    25' 1-3
                                    41' 2-3
                                    45+4' 3-3
                                    55' 3-4
                                    69' 4-4
                                    78' 4-5

Oh, and have we stopped having the TV Watching/general thread for each weekend? 'cos one of those would have been neater for adding this post to...
                                    Yes, sadly that's been dropped in favour of a rolling Premier League thread which is very unsatisfying.

Comment

Portsmouth are making a good charge to take 2nd spot. Probable favourites now.

Comment

Barnsley's probable path has simplified to: win their last 3 and hope that Sunderland v Portsmouth is a draw.

Comment

Is it as rare as I think to see a keeper sent off for two yellow cards? Accrington's Evtimov has just managed it against Luton, both bookings came after giving away penalties and he managed to save the one he faced.

Comment

Accrington's pitch is even worse than I remember from D4, possibly the worst in the league. What's wrong there that they can't produce a decent surface.

Comment

Bradford were actually relegated yesterday after premature announcements on this thread (by me) previously.

Comment

That pitch looks like I laid it. Must be due to the dry spell.

I followed ten incandescent Germans in through the late gate when I visited Accrington. I think that, like me, their car or taxi had got stuck in the post-Burnley v Spurs traffic as they tried to do two games in a day.

Comment

With two games to go, Scunthorpe have nestled into one of the highly coveted League 1 relegation spots. They lost impressively at Charlton, 4-0, with Southend overtaking them by beating Burton.

So we need to beat relegated Bradford on Saturday, and then will need something from the trip to Plymouth, who are themselves very much in the relegation hunt, rolling over emphatically for Barnsley today.

Luckily Wimbledon's game in hand is away to Luton, who luckily still need the points, but they'll be reasonably hopeful of getting something from Wycombe (h) and Bradford again (a) to leapfrog over Plymouth or Scunthorpe, or indeed Southend or Accrington, who will be looking to lose their remaining games to steal a relegation spot.

Comment

I worry Wimbledon have missed their window of opportunity. They came back from ten points adrift of safety and a goal difference at least ten worse than anyone else in early February to be level on points with 20th place a couple of weeks ago and with a GD better than a few teams around them.

However, three draws in a row and only one win in five have seen them slip back slightly. Wycombe have found a couple of wins in the last three games after an appalling run so aren't an easy opponent next week and teams like Rochdale have leapfrogged The Dons and made themselves safe with a bit of recent form.

Luton tomorrow is a hiding to nothing (I'm making a rare away game, for some reason) and lawd knows what Bradford will be like on the last day now they're relegated. I'm not hopeful.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X