No announcement yet.

SalopChat and other clubs - Division 3 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have there been any rumours about Clough getting the heave ho from Burton?

Comment

I really wouldn't have thought so. That's a gig for life, isn't it?

Comment

I'm not sure. Let's just that if something is announced I'll have an interesting story to tell.

Comment

Tell it anyway. What's the worst that could happen?

Comment

Hah! Well, a friend of mine reckons that he's somehow inherited Nigel Clough's old mobile number and that he receives the odd text that was meant for him. A recent one suggested that he'd got the bullet but unless it's yet to be announced it looks as though my mate's mistaken.

Well sort of.

Could the "Nige" referred to in these texts be Nigel Pearson, I've asked him, as he got the shove a few days ago?

Comment

Blackpool are in receivership so that the club can be sold to pay off the money owed by the Oystons to Valeri Belokon. Normally I suppose this would be very bad news but if it is the only way to get the Oystons out of the club then perhaps it is for the best. This will get Blackpool a 12 point deduction but I'm not sure the fans will care as long as they can find new owners.

Comment

Even with 12 points taken off them they'll still be above Shrewsbury.

Comment

Sunderland seem to have completely imploded over the last few weeks, wasting their games in hand, and now 1-0 down at home to Accrington!

Comment

They ended up coming back from 0-2 down to 2-2 and pushed for a winner but that's the fifth draw in six matches for Sunderland.

Comment

Barnsley are on one the best league runs I can remember: 9 wins, 3 draws, 0 defeats since December 8th.
                      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 16-02-2019, 19:59.

Comment

We're actually worse under Ricketts than we were under Askey.

Tara 3rd tier.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                          We're actually worse under Ricketts than we were under Askey.

Tara 3rd tier.
                          My limited viewing this year supports this. I only ever saw them win under Askey and I've only seen them draw under Ricketts.

The Facebook group is toxic at the moment.

Comment

Well blimey eh?

Comment

Comment

2 wins in 4 days and suddenly Shrewsbury are 5 points out of the drop zone and up in the heady heights of 17th. Those wins came against the 7th and 6th placed teams too.

50 points is the magic number. They are on 37 now, so room yet for it all to go wrong.

The critics chorus on Facebook don't know what to do with themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

50 points is the magic number. They are on 37 now, so room yet for it all to go wrong.
                                  Interesting. I always work on 51, though my pessimistic side says I should allow for goal difference so 52 to be all but sure.

I think only one team has been relegated on 51 points in the last 20 years (though I stand to be corrected).

Comment

Seven of the top 10 due up in our forthcoming games (with Shrewsbury and Bristol Rovers squeezed in there too). The ten points I reckon we need looks tough.

Comment

Shrewsbury are on 39 points,. I was wrong. 4 more wins to 51.

Comment

51 was the target last year, or 50 with a better GD than -17

Previous year: 50 with a better GD than -20.

But season before that, 47 was enough, or 46 with a better GD than -16.

Rochdale seem to have the worst defence of recent seasons: already 72 goals conceded, possibly 100+ by the end.

Barnsley v Sunderland in 12 days' time is a biggie.

Comment

Rochdale are down. I read it on our forum so it must be true. 4 goals or more conceded in 10 games this season is pretty damning mind. The majority of fans (on the forum at least) seem to be either firmly of, or heading towards the opinion it's time for Hill to go, for a variety of different reasons (he's stubborn; he doesn't know his best XI; his recruitment record over the past couple of seasons is terrible; he's lost his mojo; he has no idea how to organise a defence; he's a fucking cunt).

I'm very much an outsider nowadays but it seems to me that as well as the obvious issue of the defence it's the issue of recruitment that's the key. In past seasons he's either been inspired or simply got lucky with fixing "broken toys" and unearthing gems from non-league. I can't think of a single signing he's made over the past couple of seasons who's been a success. To add to our on the field woes the chairman resigned in December out of the blue and there are the perhaps inevitable rumours of discontent behind the scenes. A book chronicling Hill's first promotion season under Hill is titled, Spotland - The Sun Also Rises. As we may soon be reminded it sets as well.

Comment

Salop in 20th on goal difference. Two piss poor results against teams below them in a row. Doom and fucking gloom all round.

Oh well. They might be playing Wrexham next season.

Comment

You have to laugh really, only Salop can go and get 6 points out of 6 from teams pushing for the play-offs and 1 out of 6 against teams below us.

Expect, it's not really that funny. Coupled with our FA Cup run and those positive results it seems like our spineless bunch of big time Charlies only really perform when they want to.

Charlatans.

Comment

Relegation is looking like a twelve-horse race at the moment. Gillingham v Oxford was a scrap that could have gone either way, and Oxford were going for it at the end. A goal for them would have left us in 21st. Instead, we got the winner and are now 13th, and they're in the relegation spot instead. I'm delighted but there's a long way to go yet. There's not a fag paper between most of the teams in this division and anything could happen.

Comment

League One: 13 teams battle to avoid relegation with eight games to go

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                    Hah! Well, a friend of mine reckons that he's somehow inherited Nigel Clough's old mobile number and that he receives the odd text that was meant for him. A recent one suggested that he'd got the bullet but unless it's yet to be announced it looks as though my mate's mistaken.

Well sort of.

Could the "Nige" referred to in these texts be Nigel Pearson, I've asked him, as he got the shove a few days ago?
                                                    Confirmed as Nigel Pearson.

My mate's just got a text asking "Nige" if he'd prepared to do an interview about the Jimmy Glass goal as the the 20th anniversary nears.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X