No announcement yet.

SalopChat and other clubs - Division 3 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's probably because we've played 11 games.

Anyway, I bet the first boo, moan, Askey out chant will be on 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      Wimbledon go there on Saturday, I am expecting Argyle to record their first win of the season.

Originally posted by Greenlander View Post
      I'm more hopeful of that than I was this time yesterday.

We won't though.
      I genuinely hate to say I told you so. Haven’t sought out any reports or highlights but The Dons in real trouble now after successive defeats against fellow strugglers Bradford & Plymouth and leaders Portsmouth up next.

Comment

Agent Jervis saw to that.

Not a great game but we just about shaded it.

Comment

I heard it was a great save that stopped Jervis scoring. I actually think he’s been OK for Wimbledon but needs to be played out wide, ideally in a front three, not as a central striker.

Comment

Comment

Agent Jervis saw to that.

Not a great game but we just about shaded it.
              ...meaning Oxford despite an away point in a nil-nil draw at Southend are now bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                I heard it was a great save that stopped Jervis scoring. I actually think he’s been OK for Wimbledon but needs to be played out wide, ideally in a front three, not as a central striker.
                It was a smart save but if he'd tried to sidefoot it in front of him he couldn't have missed. Instead his reaction meant he put it back towards the corner and just where Macey happened to be.

I like Jake Jervis and totally agree with your assessment of his strengths.

Comment

Oh and we're a place higher and two points better off than we were this time last season.

I'll get back to you if we've really turned a corner.

Comment

Salop have now attained a 1 point per game average. There are still 5 teams with a below 1 point per game average.

Comment

It was a smart save but if he'd tried to sidefoot it in front of him he couldn't have missed. Instead his reaction meant he put it back towards the corner and just where Macey happened to be.
                      Oh christ, I've just seen a still of the shot and it's practically an unmissable open goal.

Comment

Weird game at Doncaster on Saturday; Fleetwood had four efforts at goal and all of them went in. Doncaster had a few more chances but couldn't get them on target. Also hats off to Fleetwood, probably the most cretinous team I've seen Rovers face this century. The last time I saw a team commit so many kicks and trips and shoves after the ball had gone, or just when it was nowhere near, was in the Lincoln Sunday League. Unfortunately the referee was as interested as some of the ones we used to get in the Sunday League too and so they largely got away with it.

Comment

Who would have thought a Joey Barton team would be like that?

Comment

It's not the Barton factor though. Fleetwood were like that last season. Only time I've ever seen a player booked for time wasting in the first half. At 0-0.

Comment

I’m giving the trip to Shrewsbury (1-2) a miss today in favour of the bollocks to Brexit march, may even nip down Curzon Street from Park Lane to shout at the Saudi Embassy. Afterwards its cinema then dinner then theatre. Getting my moneys worth out of the train ticket anyway.
                              Not been on a demo since the 1984 miners strike or to Shrewsbury since 1985 under McMenemy. I did however wander past the Saudi Embassy half a dozen times yesterday.

Comment

Good decision White No Sugar.

Poor game, played out by two poor sides, decided by poor goals from our point of view.

I should have stayed in the pub.

Comment

Wimbledon are doing really badly.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                                    Good decision White No Sugar.

Poor game, played out by two poor sides, decided by poor goals from our point of view.

I should have stayed in the pub.
                                    The two I know of our lot that bothered going agree with you.
                                    Gave cinema a miss in favour of a great little behind the scenes tour of the NT. it’s free as well or so Mrs No Sugar tells me. The Lehman Bros play was ok but overlong.

Comment

Doncaster have restricted the opposition to just seven shots on target over the course of the last two home games.

...unfortunately, all seven of them have gone in.

Comment

Have I mentioned before that we are really are rubbish.

Three set pieces, three headers, three goals.

And Derek Adams reckons we're all yobs for booing the team at full team. His days msut be numbered but I suspect he'll last up to the end of the month when Brent steps down.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                          Wimbledon are doing really badly.
                                          I pretty much think they’re down already. It’s a totally lightweight squad with no sign of the character needed put together the kind of concerted turnaround in form needed to stay up. There are no players of a type like Taylor, Fuller, Elliot and Akinfenwa that you might look to to galvanise those around them.

I’ve instinctively objected to the calls for Ardley to be sacked given his previous achievements and deserved status as a hero at the club but now I’m beginning to wonder. Clubs like Accrington and Wycombe must have comparable budgets, if not worse, and less experience in the division yet they are well ahead of The Dons.

The problem is I can’t see an obvious replacement and I’m not sure if anyone can get what is needed out of this squad, with obviously little funding for reinforcements in January. The club’s first relegation since it’s regeneration looks odds on, a pity that momentum will falter just when the new stadium is on the horizon.
                                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 24-10-2018, 10:41.

Comment

Fucking hell, Salop won.

This giving up hope thing might have real power.

Comment

Shrewsbury have struggled against teams at the bottom. Bradford have beaten them etc. Then they've won against Accrington and Barnsley who are in the top 6. Football makes no sense.

What's happened at Bradford?

Comment

In fact, hearing reports from the ground that it looks like Ardley has gone.

Comment

Shrewsbury 3-1 Barnsley

When your goalkeeper (and captain) drops a cross in the second minute to gift a goal, you know you're in for a long night.

Comment

It bust my 3rd division away treble (Cov, Mackems) too

Comment

Working...
                                                    X