Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Or Nothing: Bank Holiday Weekend matchgoing

Guess...

(And apologies to Third rate les bleus for the thread...)

FV Dudenhofen v. TuS Mechtersheim on Saturday.

FVD need the win to have any chance of Oberliga survival: no fewer than six out of 19 teams will be relegated and they are 14th, one point behind Pfeddersheim (who face R-W Koblenz, themselves recovering from a 4-1 midweek tonking in... Mechtersheim). It's a local derby, the weather forecast is good and there should be a big crowd there. Looking forward to this one, and hope Dudenhofen manage to survive, this is the highest level the club has ever reached it will be quite some achievement on their budget to stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
      Guess...

(And apologies to Third rate les bleus for the thread...)
      Ha! Cheers, GO. One small crumb of comfort is that I will now be able to slouch in front of the telly and watch the play off finals...

Comment

I'm going to the League One play off final on Sunday, at the other end of the ground to Mr Octopus, hoping Shrewsbury can #ReverseTheCurse and finally win at Wembley!

Comment

Bohs v Shamrock Rovers tomorrow, looking to make it four league wins in a row but I'd take a point right now

Comment

I flirted with the idea of attending the Fulham v Villa D2 play-off final on Saturday but the 5pm kick-off scuppered it for me.

Probably taking my son to Twickenham for the English Premiership Final between Exeter and Saracens instead as it’s a 3pm start, closer to home and and the boy’s rugby club is knocking out £10 tickets. No real dog in the fight but Saracens are a hateful Thatcherite endeavour so think I’ll be favouring Exeter.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 24-05-2018, 19:56.

Comment

Fluminense v Chapecoense.....if the lorry drivers’ strike doesn’t result in the postponement of Brazilian matches this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                Probably taking my son to Twickenham for the English Premiership Final between Exeter and Saracens instead as it’s a 3pm start, closer to home and and the boy’s rugby club is knocking out £10 tickets. No real dog in the fight but Saracens are a hateful Thatcherite endeavour so think I’ll be favouring Exeter.
                Yeah, that's got to be Exeter.

Lots of spare seats in the Shrewsbury end on Sunday, if you fancy it. 3pm KO

Comment

Bohs 1 Rovers 1, not much of a game to be honest,both teams set up 4.5.1 and stifled each other, most exciting thing of the first half was an Austrian girl who came all the way to Dublin to propose to her boyfriend at half-time in Dalymount (touching but bizarre), game came to life in last ten minutes,Rovers scored in the 84th minute when a Bohs breakaway from a Rovers corner broke down and a quick ball over the top was finished neatly by Ronan Finn, Bohs equalised with two minutes to go when an inswinging free kick was headed home by centre back Rob Cornwall,both sides probably happy enough though not as happy as one Austrian lady!

Comment

After a weird health scare, I'm here.

Comment

Hmm, a penalty.

Comment

Saved. That's why I never cheer penalty decisions...

Comment

As in 1996, there's rather more of us than them...

Comment

That bloke who did the dribble then looks good, GO.

Comment

Yes! Same as against Scunthorpe!

Comment

Millers bossed that first half. Big occasion getting to the Shrewsbury players again.

Comment

As in 1996, there's rather more of us than them...
                                  We had 20,000 here last month

Comment

After a weird health scare, I'm here.
                                    Sounds like you're ok if you're at the match GO, look after yourself.

Comment

1-1 draw in Dudenhofen in front of nearly 900 spectators on an oppressively hot Saturday afternoon. Dudenhofen missed one sitter early on and went ahead after about 20 minutes. Play slowed down after that, no wonder in that heat: the ground is surrounded by trees but there was hardly any shade out on the pitch. Same again after the break and no-one looked like scoring until Mechtersheim somehow got a sight of goal and bundled one in with ten minutes to go.

Relegation for Dudenhofen is yet to be 100% confirmed though: depending on how Saarbrücken and Mannheim do in their play-offs one level up, there could be some AGM Cup activity in the Südwest region that might get them a reprieve.

Comment

Bollocks. A well worked free-kick.

Comment

How brittle are the Shrewsbury players?

Comment

You can tell that we haven't got a proper goal scorer, can't you...

Comment

Hell what a save. Must be nerve wracking there.

Comment

Another half-hour. I'm not sure if I can cope...

Comment

Now to see if having a fitness coach as manager helps...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X