Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    at least one of these for all of the twelve matches I attended :

Ha, I've got a couple of those too (not that match, obv). Mrs Trlb wasn't happy at having to squeeze them into the case for the return flight, "What are you going to do with them? You've already got one from the World Cup in Germany and one from the European athletics in Barcelona and they just sit in a cupboard, why do you need another 4 of these?" This from a woman who's got a signed Jonjo Shelvey LFC tracksuit top in a frame on the wall in our back bedroom...

Comment

This is my favourite though...

In all the excitement of that tournament I'd failed to notice the sublimation print design on that kit of a big man on a small sofa attempting to take a photograph with their camera phone.

Comment

I was going to say that the jersey looked small for Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate les bleus View Post
          Ha, I've got a couple of those too (not that match, obv). Mrs Trlb wasn't happy at having to squeeze them into the case for the return flight, "What are you going to do with them? You've already got one from the World Cup in Germany and one from the European athletics in Barcelona and they just sit in a cupboard, why do you need another 4 of these?" This from a woman who's got a signed Jonjo Shelvey LFC tracksuit top in a frame on the wall in our back bedroom...
          Talk about burying the lede mate, that's its own entry here.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
            In all the excitement of that tournament I'd failed to notice the sublimation print design on that kit of a big man on a small sofa attempting to take a photograph with their camera phone.
            It should shame you to know that my brother did the same gag when the photo was first published.

Comment

Pat Fenlon's 1992 F.A.I cup final winning shirt for me,I got into a betting war at a fundraising auction and was going to pull out if the other bloke had bid one more time
              When Fenlon came back to the club for a testimonial a few years later I collared him in the bar afterwards to sign it for me. He was halfway through signing when he said "Is that my cup final shirt,where'd you get that?" I explained that he donated it to an auction and showed him a picture of me,him and the shirt ,"oh right " he said "I wondered where that got to " lucky he's a good player

Comment

Love this poster which somehow made it from Luxembourg to Ireland in one piece via several bars, a nightclub, a 3am bus to Charleroi and a Ryanair flight.

Comment

It should shame you to know that my brother did the same gag when the photo was first published.
                  Depends which brother.

Comment

I've got a Tony Warner (former Liverpool goalkeeper) match worn Barnsley shirt. He played about four games for us on loan and couldn't leave quick enough.

I bought it from the club shop for £5 as it was in amongst some old training gear Barnsley were getting rid of, all for the same price. I like to think he just stuck his shirt in a dirty wash basket on his way out of the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                      I love my USSR 1988 shirt.
                      Thank God then that

In Europe and America there's a growing feeling of hysteria.
                      Conditioned to respond to all the threats
                      In the rhetorical speeches of the Soviets.
                      Mister Khrushchev said, "We will bury you."
                      I don't subscribe to this point of view.
                      It'd be such an ignorant thing to do
                      If the Russians love their children too.

And furthermore

How can I save my little boy from Oppenheimer's deadly toy?
                      There is no monopoly on common sense
                      On either side of the political fence.
                      We share the same biology, regardless of ideology.
                      Believe me when I say to you,
                      I hope the Russians love their children too

Comment

Does this count?

I still have the one top right in its box and all.
                        What's that sound Homer Simpson makes when he's anywhere near a donut?
                        That's the sound I make every time I see that box.
                        And to think you could scout a 20 year old Francesco Totti in that edition!

Comment

I love the fact that Sligo Rovers clearly nicked the design for this Europa League programme from the classic 1962 European Cup final programme

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                            I've still got CM 97/98. Had CM Italia too, but sold that for a tidy sum on ebay a few years back...

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm developing an expensive habit once again.

Comment

Expensive? These were given to me around 20 yrs ago. You need an extra Ruud and a Walter Zenga and Karl-Heinz Riedle? Of course overseas postage will be a bitch.

Comment

Cal Alamein's photo is from his own bookshelf, whereas EIM's selection of worthiness looks suspiciously clean and unread.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                        Posted it on here but don't care. The Bury Times from the week after Bury won the Second Division championship in 1997, signed by the playing and management staff after I interviewed them all for my next book. To have that from my heroes when I was 16-years-old means an awful lot.

https://twitter.com/jamesisaburyfan/status/991914631194083328
                                        bugger it, here it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                          Cal Alamein's photo is from his own bookshelf, whereas EIM's selection of worthiness looks suspiciously clean and unread.
                                          I will never be a spine cracker, page folder or cover destroyer.

Comment

I've got a football, somewhere, from some time in the past, with signatures on.

And also a plastercast (not mine), somewhere, from some time in the past, with signatures on.

I've got a handwritten teamsheet from when we played FCUM, but it's completely faded so it's now a blank piece of paper in a frame. Again, no idea where that is.

And I must have a Wimbledon plate and a Wimbledon pennant, from 2002-03 and 2003-04.

I think that's everything.

Comment

I used to have a lot of football shirts, but over the years I've lost, out-grown, sold or given away almost all of them. I'm confident they had happier lives with others than in my wardrobe. The last two were a Wolves shirt from 1990 and an England shirt from 2002. They both went to new homes.

I have a few programmes at my parents house, otherwise the only memorabilia I own that I can think of that I own is a blue and white Enfield rosette from the 1982 FA Trophy final. Someone got me a Spurs away shirt from 1985 repro for my birthday, and I've got an unidentified shirt from 1980s Germany - at least I assume Germany, I had to Google the manufacturers name, as there was no sponsors name or anything to identify it - and that I got because it was in colours that I like (sky blue and dark blue), cheap, and in incredibly good condition. It's got a big felt number 15 on the back, but I have no idea who wore it. And I have a couple shirts from teams that I used to play for. Glad I kept them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                                                Expensive? These were given to me around 20 yrs ago. You need an extra Ruud and a Walter Zenga and Karl-Heinz Riedle? Of course overseas postage will be a bitch.

The 82-83 hockey guide looks interesting.

Comment

Comment

Spitting image of him, that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X