Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsene Wenger Tribute

I see David Squires wonderful piece has been posted

I wanted to put this long piece by Tristan D Ross, on twitter as Stan the Golden Boy on a lifetime of Arsene Wenger

I was chatting to a mate of mine about Wenger the other day. We're a bit shaken by his departure, don't really know how to react. He's the last link to the football of our youth. I was what, 16 when he took over Arsenal. Ferguson had gone. Giggs had gone. only Wenger remained from the same era. And while we both hated those Arsenal teams, and their manager, who everyone assumed was clever because he was French and wore glasses, in some sort of cultural cringe (revolutionised the game like passing and pasta didn't exist before him...?) it's just not going to be the same without him, is it?

I tweeted last year that Arsenal fans didn't deserve Wenger, with their constant whinging about him, but that's because he's a bit past it, and so are United, and therefore holding onto that rivalry is absurd. Besides, I've got Guardiola to pick at now. Revolutionised the game? Like passing and PEDs didn't exist before him...

Anyway. That piece up there is wank. Reads like a football article written by someone who doesn't know about football. Granted, I stopped reading when he said United weren't entertaining, only winning 1-0 every week, but I'm strong in my convictions and even if I'm proved wrong I'm happy to fight my corner all night.

Comment

Working...
    X