I want Chelsea to beat Manchester United - FA Cup Final Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want Chelsea to beat Manchester United - FA Cup Final Thread

Going old school with the title because...well, I liked that period where we did them like this and I like dedicated threads for big games.

I am a plus one with a mate who is something at a non-league club and picked up their pair which nobody else seemed bothered about. He seemed mainly motivated with having an excuse to avoid the royal wedding watching plans his young family had made and I heartily endorse such shoddy parenting.

We are in the Chelsea end which formalises the fact that I would dislike them winning a little less than I would Man U. Conte seems like a good chap (well, a lot nicer than Mourinho) and he's going to be dropped out of one of Abramovich's helicopters by Sunday so I'd like to see him go out with a trophy freshly won. Chelsea don't seem have any particularly unpleasant players currently, not that Man U's are that bad though I do dislike Ashley Young and Fellaini due to their diving and elbows respectively. I will also invoke my arbitrary 'London club over Northern one' favouritism as it suits me in this instance.

I'll have to sit with Chelsea fans which obviously has the potential to be unpleasant but they weren't all that bothersome last year when me and the boy were situated amongst them very much wanting their team to lose to Arsenal.

Anyway, it's the FA Cup Final - I'd probably be excited about it if it was ISIS v UKIP, I loves the FA Cup.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-05-2018, 16:09.

I love the FA Cup Final but this year's event features probably the two least-inspiring teams I could consider being in the final.

Man Utd at least seem to try to include young English players in their team, and for that small reason they are marginally the least-awful of the two.

SQUAD!

Comment

Come on Chelsea.

Comment

Do I have to?

Comment

I'd like them both to lose.

Comment

Yeah Chelsea, grind the little fascist into dust. Spit in his eyes. Flick his ear.

Hope to fuck De Gea does leave, then their massive deficiencies will become fucking obvious. Then he can fuck off and hopefully be stuck in b tier team ignominy (fucking Zenit would be perfect for him) till he manages Portugal/leads a coup.
            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 14-05-2018, 19:44.

Comment

Mrs H had asked me who the final was between. I didn’t know until I saw this thread’s title. Back when I was a kid cup final day was as important as Christmas Day (nowadays Christmas Day just about shades that contest).

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                Chelsea don't seem have any particularly unpleasant players currently, not that Man U's are that bad though I do dislike Ashley Young and Fellaini due to their diving and elbows respectively.
                You're rather more generous about this Man Utd side than I am. If I wasn't obliged to like that team, I'd really hate Pogba, Fellaini, Rojo and Sanchez in particular. I'd like Rashford, Lingard, Herrera and Mata though. Chelsea.. well, with Costa and Terry gone, the cuntitudian quotient has dropped. Still, Eden Hazard, David Luiz, Fabregas and Barkley though...

To be honest, I've had more fun following Köln's disastrous season than putting up with United's.

Comment

Neither side is as anywhere near as cunty as it has been, but it's still like asking me to choose which one of Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg I'd want to become the next PM.

Comment

Felliani is awful, real sneaky fucker. I just can’t believe youse finished second. Hopefully next year the wheels come off the Mourinho bus. Every highlights reel I’ve seen of Man Utd has been shit sandwich. The few live games have been unspeakable, throwback stuff.
                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 14-05-2018, 21:09.

Comment

If it clashes with the Scottish Cup final I’ll ignore it completely, as it’ll be far more important cheering on Motherwell against Old Furrum Scum.
                      If it’s on at teatime again I suppose I’d mibbe be drunk enough by then to bother just about preferring Chelsea

Comment

I'm struggling with this one and I supposedly support utd. Christ it's difficult stuff to watch, I've almost reached the stage where I'd be happy for Martial and Rashford to leave for their own sakes. I think Jose has spent close to 300 mil so far in two years, and I honestly don't think we'd be any worse in either league position or style of play if we'd have given the same amount to Tony Pulis.

Comment

I will be watching the Pokalfinal with a glass of apfelwoi. Will have an ear on Trevor Carson and the lads in Glasgow. Jose and Toni, meh

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                            I will be watching the Pokalfinal with a glass of apfelwoi.
                            You can get that where you live? I assumed that all attempts to export it have failed due to it tasting like a cheap cider/drunkard's white wine mix. It's taken me 25 years to develop a mild tolerance for it (about two glasses a year). Good for cooking pork and chicken, though.

Will be in Madrid this weekend and have no idea if I'll find somewhere to watch Bayern-Frankfurt, or if it will be shown on Spanish TV anywhere. The thought of missing a hammering comforts me. The thought of missing a miracle makes me want to miss the plane.

Comment

It can only be good for football if Chelsea win nothing, so 'United'.

But, other than their fanbases, who could possibly care?

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                                You can get that where you live? I assumed that all attempts to export it have failed due to it tasting like a cheap cider/drunkard's white wine mix. It's taken me 25 years to develop a mild tolerance for it (about two glasses a year). Good for cooking pork and chicken, though.

Will be in Madrid this weekend and have no idea if I'll find somewhere to watch Bayern-Frankfurt, or if it will be shown on Spanish TV anywhere. The thought of missing a hammering comforts me. The thought of missing a miracle makes me want to miss the plane
                                Mein host for the evening is the German Deli in Hackney. And not forget Im from the Buckfast demographic

Comment

If I were to identify one particularly annoying thing about having Jose Mourinho as a manager, it's that I want Man utd to lose this game, because if they win, he will take all the credit, because he is a Winner. however if they lose, he will use it as a weapon against his squad. Apparently the 19 point and 39 goal gap to Man City is down to some players being mentally weak. The man is a fucking cancer on any club he is attached to.

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                                    I'm struggling with this one and I supposedly support utd. Christ it's difficult stuff to watch, I've almost reached the stage where I'd be happy for Martial and Rashford to leave for their own sakes. I think Jose has spent close to 300 mil so far in two years, and I honestly don't think we'd be any worse in either league position or style of play if we'd have given the same amount to Tony Pulis.
                                    I think Pulis would probably have achieved the same outcomes with a third of the money.

Does anyone actually want Man U to win this? Even their supporters on here seem ambivalent at best though I have high hopes for EIM’s loyalty and part of the reason for the thread was just to troll him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                      It can only be good for football if Chelsea win nothing, so 'United'.

Ah, you’re backing them, good show.

As for who cares, I don’t think I’ve ever watched any game (live or on TV) without finding at least some gossamer-thin reason to pick a side I’d prefer to win, often unconsciously.

Comment

That's possibly true when the match itself is in full flow, but my point was more that the result of this particular encounter will mean sweet FA (no pun, etc) in terms of the game.

Comment

Well, much as I don't like Chelsea, them winning has the benefit of pissing off both Man Utd fans AND Spurs fans. So it'd give me a cheap laugh.
                                          I'm not going to watch it or anything, mind.

Comment

Will be in Madrid this weekend and have no idea if I'll find somewhere to watch Bayern-Frankfurt
                                            Marca or As will tell you which stations it's on. If you want to watch it in a bar, the godawful Irish bar ('O'Connell St.') just back from Sol has multi-tv options (I was in there for Euro 16 and they had Germans, Poles, N. Irish etc all watching two games simultaneously). There's another Irish bar near Plaza Mayor.

German bar underneath the cinema complex (a series of arthouse cinemas) at Plaza de los Cubos- just beyond Plaza Espaņa as you head away from the centre, but while I've eaten and drunk there, I don't know if it does fitba

Comment

You anti Mourinho Quislings sicken me. "Oooh sir! Sir! I hate Manchester United too! Aren't we horrible!" Fuck off and support Chelsea then, you mewling cowards. See how you like the sharp rod of Abramovic up your dot instead. This is football in 2018. Everyone is a bastard. Wake up. And hey, Mourinho might have been mean to that fat lad who plays left back, but at least he's not fucked the club over for a jar of horse spaff.

I'm sorry if the football you're watching on the telly isn't exciting enough to keep you away from your banjos, jigsaws and soap operas, but so far this season I've been to Skopje and Sevilla. Seen us beat Arsenal, Chelsea and City. Come back from two goals down a couple of times, including to win away to the champions elect, pissing on their party in the process. I've seen us score four a few times and three a couple. Plus we're in a cup final which I'm going to on Saturday. You'll recognise me as the one walking down Wembley way with a red, white an black rosette pinned to my enormous lob on, which will be carrying the message WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH JOSE'S ARMY WE'RE ALL GOING TO WEMBERLEEEEEEE. OR just WEEE if it's cold.

I'll be on the look out for our upside-down headed, Chelsea-sympathising Welshman on here to give him a piece of my mind for more VILE trolling. But being in that end will probably be punishment enough. A crazed mix of popped-collared Made in Chelsea aristocrats and sieg heiling, John Terry adoring Combat 18 freaks. I hope he's sat next to Denis Wise and it goes to extra time*. That'll teach the bastard.

*We'll do them in 90 minutes

Comment

In the words of Father Fintan Stack, “I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.”
                                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-05-2018, 22:05.

Comment

My mate has that quote on his United flag.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X