The End Is Nigh - Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End Is Nigh - Weekend Matchgoing

Very little on at all this weekend, I’m throwing my net as wide as Ealing v Leinster A in the final of rugby’s relatively unloved (and abolished after this season) British & Irish Cup at the former’s ground on Saturday.

Sunday afternoon is Hampton & Richmond Borough v Braintree Town in the Conference South Play-Off Final. If the weather holds I’ll take the ferry from Molesey to Hampton as it’s one of the more pleasantly pastoral journeys to a ground:

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-05-2018, 11:11.

I've sold my ticket to Watford on Sunday as my cup final ticket is £115. Fuck sitting through an hour and a half of pedestrian bollocks when the forty quid could buy me half a lager and a sandwich in Wembley instead.

Comment

The end is nigh for you lot,not even halfway there in the league of Ireland,off to Bray tonight for Bohs v Bray Wanderers, a vital game for both sides,they're trying to do a Crystal palace after a similar awful start, a win for us would move us from relegation trouble to lower mid table, weather rotten at the moment , might take in Kilkenny v Dublin in the hurling on Sunday

Comment

A final visit of the season to Turf Moor for the visit of Bournemouth. I'd like to say there are a lot of unspoken subplots involving Eddie Howe coming back to his old club, who will be presumably the only English club to celebrate qualifying for the Europa League but everyone has other things on their mind.

Clarets on one of their occasional limp runs of form and have been known to not be bothered when nothing rides on the result. Expecting a fairly dull 2-1 home defeat, followed by fond farewells to - among others - Scott Arfield and Dean Marney.

Comment

Options locally at Step 7 in both the West Cheshire league and the West Lancs.

Leaning towards Southport Hesketh v. Slyne with Hest in the Premier division of the latter.

Comment

Would like to go to the NCEL play off final but it's at Grimsby Borough which is a right old schlep, so more likely to do the North West Counties League Division One play off semi final at Prestwich Heys.

Comment

Second leg of the Europa League semi-final play-off against Heerenveen.Utrecht were 3-0 down in the first leg before they took an interest in the game. Labyad, who has apparently already signed for Ajax, pulled one back, and Ayoub, who has actually already signed for Feyenoord, got himself sent off for being a surly bastard. Two own goals later and it was 3-3 with five minute to go. And Heerenveen made it 4-3. Still and all, away goals count double so Utrecht only need one at home on Saturday evening to go through to the final, probably against Vitesse. What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Is this the worst name for a ground ever?

Comment

I went to Right to Dream Park a couple of years ago. They had a combo applause/ silence for a local politician before kickoff and gave away club branded crisps (I don't think the two were linked).

Originally posted by Third rate les bleus View Post
                  Leaning towards Southport Hesketh v. Slyne with Hest in the Premier division of the latter.
                  Good luck finding the entrance. Find the end of Verulam Road and its opposite that.

I'm planning on going to Steeton v Wakefield City in the West Riding League. Steeton have applied for promotion but would be playing at Keighley rugby ground if they do go up, so might as well take the opportunity to see them at their own ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
                    Is this the worst name for a ground ever?
                    Looking it up on Google Maps, it appears to be just down the road from the brilliantly named Boldklubben Kapow.

Comment

Tomorrow I'll be at Zilina vs Spartak Trnava. The visitors will be celebrating their first Czechoslovak/Slovak league title for 45 years. A win last week over second-placed Dunajska Streda wrapped things up, with the game featuring three red cards in the first 15 minutes. Big away followings are a rarity in Slovak football, but there'll be one tomorrow.

Then I'm taking a night train to Prague, to be there in time for Sunday's 1015 KO in the Czech 2nd league ; Viktoria Zizkov vs FK Trinec. Sunday morning football at Zizkov is a brilliant thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                        I went to Right to Dream Park a couple of years ago. They had a combo applause/ silence for a local politician before kickoff and gave away club branded crisps (I don't think the two were linked).

Good luck finding the entrance. Find the end of Verulam Road and its opposite that
                        I’m staying in the stadium hotel which is behind one of the goals. My room has a bizarre annexe which is a row of recarro seats in an executive box overlooking the pitch, so I’m watching from there.

The good news is there is a mini bar full of okologisk pilsner and the aforementioned club branded crisps.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                          Good luck finding the entrance. Find the end of Verulam Road and its opposite that.
                          Cheers Zeb - I actually lived at the top of the Bankfield Lane for 7 years so I'd be disappointed if I couldn't find it!

I like the look of those snide danish Frazzles that BB&F has got hold of.

Comment

Originally posted by jameswba View Post

Then I'm taking a night train to Prague, to be there in time for Sunday's 1015 KO in the Czech 2nd league ; Viktoria Zizkov vs FK Trinec. Sunday morning football at Zizkov is a brilliant thing.
                            That sounds impossibly exotic, like Graham Green going groundhopping. Almost BB&F!esque.

Comment

I wonder, can you get a good view of the Zizkov TV tower from inside the ground? I love that thing, especially the babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                That sounds impossibly exotic, like Graham Green going groundhopping. Almost BB&F!esque.
                                It’s a much viewed ground from me as it is a couple of minutes walk from the main station in Prague.

Last visit was in February last year, it’s about halfway down this report.

http://berkshirepigchronicles.blogsp...ech-mates.html

Comment

Oh, and fully endorse the overnight move and the Sunday morning game.

Pictures would be welcome as not seen the ground since the works have been done, and Football Weekends seems to be obsessed with Andorra, Pete Miles' tour of Serbia and ex league teams in the the conference.

Comment

Answers my question about the TV tower - cheers!

Comment

Cardiff Met v Barry Town for me in the Welsh Premier League Post Season Play Off Semi-final. Winner gets to play Cefn Druids for a place in the Europa League qualifiers.

Although Barry were in the lower half of the league when it split in January they finished the season in great form. So they'll hopefully give the Met a tough game. It's a new ground for me, too, even though it's just the university playing fields.

It's live on S4C if you want to tune in and get a dose of proper footie with exciting commentary. Kick off is 5.15.

Comment

If it's not raining Saturday I might take a long walk over to Peckham Town for their final Kent County League match against Borden.

Sunday, I'll definitely be at Fisher for Millwall Lionesses vs Doncaster Rovers Belles in FAWSL2. A win for the Belles will give them the title.

Comment

Currently on the longest rail journey in Denmark, the 0852 Copenhagen - Thisted, writing notes for a train punctuality improvement through the medium of cheese tasting event we have at work on Friday, having had FC invaded by a load of Finnish ice hockey supporters.

What a time to be alive.

Comment

Bray Wanderers 1 Bohs 3 last night, dominated the first half and should've been further ahead than two nil when we gave away a stupid penalty with the last kick of the half. First twenty minutes of the second half was squeaky bum time as Bray piled on the pressure but we settled and got a third on 70 minutes to seal it and could've scored another couple late on. The Carlisle grounds is a picturesque ground when it's sunny,pity Bray is such a basket case of a club at the moment,hopefully both of them survive

Comment

Thisted v Vendsyssel, in the Danish super league, in the arse end of Denmark.

imagine Penzance v Stoke as a premier league fixture.

Comment

Actually, it’s like Penzance v Stoke in the premier league, but the match day programme has an extensive article about painting and decorating.

Google translate is taking a battering.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
                                                  Thisted v Vendsyssel, in the Danish super league, in the arse end of Denmark.
                                                  Hard to imagine Thisted being anywhere else to be fair.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X