I'm impressed 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm impressed 1

Couldn't resist come back here briefly for two things due to much appreciative fans of football present.

First this;

Being Croatian I don't have a favourite club in Serbia. Then, I don't have one in Croatia either. I simply admire dedication within football wherever it may be present and it's often damn amazing in Serbia.

A bloke named Milovan Jolicic has just released a book. He is as unknown to me as I dare guess he is for you. I happened about it by chance yesterday through a Serbian forum where they don't write Cyrillic, because I can read about as much Cyrillic as I understand Navajo.
    Three years spent - on his own - putting together a 1008 page thick encyclopaedia about Partizan Belgrad where you have details about all the games Partizan played in Europe, the games they played during seasons when they won the league or domestic cup, all their [so far] 583 players and 137 kits throughout the years since 1945 when they were established.

I would order it instantly just because of what it is, but I don't read Cyrillic. Then I might order it because I have always wanted to learn Cyrillic and it shouldn't be that hard. What other way could be better than to learn that alphabet than through something which is browsing a book you can describe as a Panini sticker album, times about a million.

And that book also got me thinking. What other clubs have books like these? Encyclopaedia?
    AC Milan have one, released by the aforementioned Panini, a brilliant thick book with stats from beginning 'til today. The kind we who loved to study an Atlas, would love every page of this.

I'm impressed.

It's one thing for some PL-club or Seria A or whatever to release this kind of thing. But one bloke dedicated to Partizan spending three years?
    So much respect.
    Last edited by Pietro Paolo Virdis; 28-04-2018, 23:12.

Great to "see" you, Z

Inter did something similar for their centennial

and updated it this year

but that is with massive support from one of the major Italian publishing houses.

Comment

Newcastle United: The Ultimate Record does something like this. Fixtures, lineups, and goalscorers for every official game in the club's history, written season reviews, and little bits and bobs of trivia.

The money to publish it was (partially?) raised by public subscription, so my dad got my nephew's name included in the list of thanks. I've not seen my copy in about three years, it presently being in a different country, in a box under a bed in my mam's house.

The principle author has been putting out books about the history of NUFC for at least as long as I have followed the club, but nothing before was on this scale.

Comment

Beautiful stuff there from Inter and Newcastle!

It's the kind of thing you buy even though you're not a supporter of that particular club.
        It's astounding.

Comment

Or can’t read it! But it looks great, and it’s quite an achievement.

Nice to see you PPV and hope things are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
            Or can’t read it! But it looks great, and it’s quite an achievement.

Nice to see you PPV and hope things are good.
            Cheers Sits.
            Not so good.
            But hey, that's all relative.
            I'm still much better off than 90 percent of the world's population.

Comment

If OTF the magazine want to do an article about him, and I think you should, his name was above his contact details can be found here right at the bottom.
              I gain nothing from this. I am simply in awe of what the bloke's done.

http://www.knjigafkpartizan.com/

Comment

There is a book primarily detailing the Football League years of Southport, with results of all seasons from 1921 to 1978 and biographies of every player who appeared during that time. It's over 700 pages and rather expensive to get a copy of - currently,there is a copy being sold via Amazon for £138.

Comment

Wrexham have had one of these. Pictures of every player. My great uncle has his photo in it.

Comment

Working...
                  X