No announcement yet.

First Aid Kit - Shirt Gallery 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fulham launch a 140th anniversary shirt and claim to be "London's original football club" (which may be phrased to skirt around Cray Wanderers' competing claims) . It will only be worn in a pre-season friendly sometime this year though.

I presume the halves are a nod to the sky and royal blue ones the original club wore as St Andrews.

Comment

I like that.

Do many other clubs play in navy/white or black/white halves?

Comment

Hayes' had a great blue & white halves away kit for a couple of seasons back in the 90s. In fact, it was the kit worn on that Friday night in Fulham...

Comment

It is very rare.

Siena did black and white quarters before they went bust, but I don’t think that they ever did halves. Halves present challenges for sponsor logos and names and numbers, and I fear that the Fulham kit won’t look anywhere near as sharp once those are added.

Comment

I was thinking it looked too training kit without them. Is that technically a recoloured badge too?

Comment

Indeed it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JVL View Post
                Hayes' had a great blue & white halves away kit for a couple of seasons back in the 90s. In fact, it was the kit worn on that Friday night in Fulham...
                Yes, that's nice JVL, but medium blue/white halves are more of a thing. Can't recall too many of the darker contrasts.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  It is very rare.

Siena did black and white quarters before they went bust, but I don’t think that they ever did halves. Halves present challenges for sponsor logos and names and numbers, and I fear that the Fulham kit won’t look anywhere near as sharp once those are added.
                  A very good point, Ursus. Red numbers & lettering usually works best in these cases but it does affect the aesthetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                    Fulham launch a 140th anniversary shirt and claim to be "London's original football club" (which may be phrased to skirt around Cray Wanderers' competing claims) .
                    Bloody hell, that took me ten minutes of Googling to work out what that meant. On Cray's Wikipedia, it says they are "the oldest football club in London" which, I suppose is technically true.

Comment

Altrincham will today become the first football club to play in a rainbow kit:

http://twitter.com/Sporf/status/1096374570959933441

Comment

Was that meant sarcastically, or did these not count?

To be fair, Altrincham's looks lots better.

Comment

I saw a little of a HSV game today and didn't realise that Adidas had brought back their early nineties template (best known on the Arsenal "bruised banana" change kit) as shown on their third shirt. Who else is is sporting it?

Comment

Rayo Vallecano would also like a word

Comment

I think Altrincham can get away with this claim because unlike Bochum or Rayo, it's unambiguous. It's 100% of the shirt (bar the usual modern accoutrements), it's 100% the pride flag.

Comment

Nothing ambiguous about Rayo’s as it replaces their usual one colour sash, the shirt/club’s defining feature.

Comment

The Germany Women World Cup shirt is rather brilliant.

Comment

It's certainly a far better tribute to the 1990 shirt than the men's - shows how necessary actually having the Bundesflagge colours on it is.

Comment

It is a thing of beauty.

Comment

Nike has introduced all of the kits it is making. None match the Germany jersey.

Comment

Is that Australian first kit meant to be a tribute to the infamous early 90s effort as associated with Robbie Slater's flat top?

Comment

At least "inspired by", yes

Comment

Comment

Sampdoria wore a special commemorative kit against Atalanta on Sunday, marking the 120th anniversary of the founding of Sampierdarense, who merged with Andrea Doria to form the club we now know.

If you'd like to read about that and Bohemians having to wear their change kit at home to Derry City, I've included them in an article on the weekend's kit occurrences.

Comment

It's unfortunate that Milan have claimed that as one of their relatively frequent change choices.

Comment

France will wear this lush centenary shirt against Iceland tonight :

https://twitter.com/phildelves/status/1110200475239006209

Comment

Working...
                                                    X