Chasing Carshalton - Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chasing Carshalton - Weekend Matchgoing

As the title suggests I'm looking at Carshalton Athletic vs Whyteleafe tomorrow, where the hosts should wrap up promotion.

Wembley v Stotfold for me.

Comment

Waltham Forest v Southend Manor, sciatica permitting

Comment

Port Vale v Lincoln tomorrow.

Seeing 'Carshalton' still gives me nightmares.
        Last edited by RobW; 13-04-2018, 09:51.

Comment

After a plethora of sporting commitments over the last two weeks I have nothing fixed yet for the weekend. I’ll probably just mooch along to Molesey v VCD Athletic or possibly Hampton & Richmond v Gloucester City. Though there is a chance I might finally get to Chessington & Hook United as it’s the last really local ground I am yet to visit, though the bewilderingly and pretentiously named visitors Kensington Borough put me off a little.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-04-2018, 12:19.

Comment

Hang on, is the title a bloody Snow Patrol reference?!

Comment

I'm planning on seeing the unbelievable Barry Town v Newtown on Sunday. Probably my last chance to see them this season.

Nothing riding on the game AFAIK so feeling fairly relaxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                Standards are definitely slipping around here. I'd put in a complaint to management if I was you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  Shit, it is isn't it. Blame whoever usually starts these threads for not starting it before me.

Comment

I couldn't think of a Stotfold pun. Sorry...

Comment

Bohs v Shamrock Rovers out in Tallaght tonight,working till 6,run to get a tram for the 50 minute journey,get beaten (probably) get held back for half an hour and then repeat the journey with added rock throwing,who wouldn't spend their Friday night in such pursuits

Comment

Third attempt at the FA Cup Final on Saturday night. Abandoned last Sunday, scheduled for Tuesday night then postponed 'for logistical reasons', now finally (hopefully) Saturday at 8pm local. Weather looks good for the weekend.

Comment

FC United v Darlo was never a starter for me anyway - and once the fixture lists were announced Yorkshire v Essex was always going to win.

With the weather, "stay in Sheffield" looks favourite.

(And I can go to BDBL to see the 'Wall, instead…)

Comment

Morecambe v Carlisle

The Globe Arena is the only away ground that I've visited more than once and seen nothing but Carlisle victories. I'm hopeful that tomorrow will continue that run and keep the vague whiff of playoff in our nostrils.

Comment

I saw Barnsley play six times at Boothferry Park. We won our first five (including a 4-3 victory after being 3-2 down entering injury time) before finally slumping to a 1-1 draw in the final game I saw there. We also won the following season, but I had moved to Canada by then.

Barnsley v Bolton
                              'The loser is going down' seems to be the general feeling here.

Comment

The Whitby derby; Fishburn PArk v Whitby Fisherman's Society.

Also get in some kettle cranking on the NYMR, seven guide pubs, the Dracula experience, various nautical museums, and Whitby v Matlock in the NPL.

Comment

3rd Home game on the bounce for Oxford United, 1 point and zero goals from the first two. Will the Southend game be any different, probably not.

Had thought about Barry on Sunday, but I've been invited to dinner by my sister so it'll be being used as a climbing frame by my niece instead.

Comment

Rovers 1 Bohs 2 fucking yes, if you're going to win a derby do it with a goal in the 99th! Minute with a right footed shot by your 19 year old left back, now to get plastered whenever they let us out of here

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                      I couldn't think of a Stotfold pun. Sorry...
                                      A Stotfold player once referred to the group of spectators I was stood in as "fucking inbreds". Come on the Wembles.

Comment

Cut-throat MK derby between Old Bradwell United and Loughton Manor for me.

Comment

I'm sitting on a train at Preston station, waiting for it to leave for Barrow, where I will be watching Barrow Celtic take on the other Bootle.

Comment

...Homeward bound,
                                            I wish I was,
                                            Homeward bound,
                                            Home where my thought's escaping,
                                            Home where my music's playing,
                                            Home where my love lies waiting
                                            Silently for me.

Comment

There's another Bootle?

Comment

No matter what football I get to see today, I’m pretty sure I’ve already found the highlight.

Ultimate pub reading.

Comment

Marlborough Rovers Black 2-1 Hilton House Blizzard

Into deepest Swadlincote for a vital late season cup clash. Blizzard seemed very big for an under 10 team (though they did have a titchy goalie). However the Blacks were more skilful and laid siege to the opposition goal. The number 10, "Freddie", jinked and twisted at the edge of the box, before scoring with a delightful strike into the top corner, out of the reach of the diminutive keeper.

But then as the first half wound down the Blacks seemed to tire and just before half time they scored a barely deserved equaliser.

In the second period, the Blizzard's recent ascendancy continued for the first five minutes but soon the superior skills of Marlborough began to reassert themselves. Sustained pressure resulted in a number of near misses (as far as we could tell, the length of the pitch away), but finally the number 11 slipped his marker and drilled a shot low just past the bottom corner. The gaggle of parents (and in my case, uncle) turned away in a combined "ooh" of disappointed frustration. But then we realised the team were celebrating as the ball had gone in at the bottom corner and passed straight through a hole in the net.

The win almost certainly means that Marlborough will be in the cup final in two weeks time. The winning goal from my nephew means (contractually) that he doesn't need to have his hair cut today.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X