Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusoe
    replied
    Is that quite right? Farnborough and Hartley Wintney are both Southern League Premier South, but would be Isthmian in those maps.

Or maybe it's just my eyes. Not sure about exactly where they'd sit in the map.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    So the Isthmian now extends into the South, and the Southern includes the Midlands. Hope that's cleared that up.

Obviously the Midland League already exists, but in the style of the North, there could've been a Midland Premier League set up as another way of achieving this...

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Step 3:

Step 4:

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    The Southern Central is also fed by the Isthmian North.

Leave a comment:

• Crusoe
    replied
    So do I have this right that the Southern League Central and Southern League South are being fed by the Southern League East and Southern League West? Never mind the Southern League Premier.

I'm southern and this still bothers me a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Oof, Wisbech - promoted from the United Counties - have been put in the NPL1E. That's going to hurt.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Even though I knew it was happening, it still took me by surprise not to see any Eastern teams in the Isthmian Premier. They have of course been moved laterally to the Southern Premier Central. It's weird that we have a region which is Isthmian at step 4 but Southern at step 3.

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Beryl
    replied
    Cinderford have expressed surprise at being placed in the Southern League East.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Bloody hell, I'm going to have Merthyr playing two games five minutes from my house at Met Police and Walton Casuals.
    And in a reverse of that, Poole Town will be coming to Merthyr.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Brighouse Town have been shat on a bit there too, only Yorkshire club in the NPL West. Swapping them, Chasetown and Wisbech Town (or Yaxley) round would surely seem a better solution.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Bloody hell, I'm going to have Merthyr playing two games five minutes from my house at Met Police and Walton Casuals.

Leave a comment:

• Bizarre Löw Triangle
    replied
    Originally posted by Capybara View Post
    And, as expected, a bit tough on Hereford.
    Can't imagine Hereford will be complaining too much about sharing a division with Chester, Kidderminster, Stockport, FC United, Darlington and Telford instead of Truro, Chelmsford, Eastbourne and Billericay

Leave a comment:

• Capybara
    replied
    And, as expected, a bit tough on Hereford.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Step 1-4 divisions released

I see the FA have given Peterborough Sports their enormous round trip to Morpeth. Lowestoft (who seem to be placed in enough leagues to play every club in the country eventually) travelling to Stourbridge looks another belter.

Leave a comment:

• Bizarre Löw Triangle
    replied
    Details of the glue leagues restructure to be released this afternoon

Leave a comment:

• N est à?
    replied
    Swansea also got a De Boer Bonus, as did, arguably, Southampton

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by tee rex View Post
    Well done Huddersfield. Also well done me, for the inevitable jinx, and well done the fixture computer, for giving them a 3 point start against De Boer's Palace, and more pre-sacking points during the season. Timing is everything.

The 3 relegated clubs represent 25 years in the top flight, with no recently promoted teams. A slightly interesting fact.
    R5 have just said that no team that won promotion last season in to any of the top five tiers in English football has been relegated this campaign.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I'd also have reservations about Coleman at Swansea. There's some magical 'he's a Jack so that's an advantage' thinking going on there imo

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Well done Huddersfield. Also well done me, for the inevitable jinx, and well done the fixture computer, for giving them a 3 point start against De Boer's Palace, and more pre-sacking points during the season. Timing is everything.

The 3 relegated clubs represent 25 years in the top flight, with no recently promoted teams. A slightly interesting fact.

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    I am disappointed for my local team, however the interminable fights against relegation were growing tiresome (that’s not to say I expect Swansea will have an easy ride next season)

Not sure about the Coleman suggestion. He’s always come across as a bit clueless.
    Last edited by HORN; 10-05-2018, 03:52.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Sad but it’s been coming for a few years since they lost the style and continuity which got them up & kept them up and then the new owners proved hopeless at picking and backing managers. Coleman would be a good shout and they have to regain their direction.

Huddersfield deserve to stay up so much though, pleased for them.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
    Huddersfield keeping it blank at half time. Could be relegating Swansea this evening.
    it's done, we're down. It's been a long time coming really.

Hopefully we'll get Chris Coleman in and start all over again.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Huddersfield keeping it blank at half time. Could be relegating Swansea this evening.

Leave a comment:

• jeanmid
    replied
    I would perhaps take that article more seriously if

A F365 coverage of the Football League wasn't pretty much non-existent

B It wasn't written by John fucking Nicholson.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Seconded, though Ipswich fans might have taken exception to this paragraph until recently:

No-one has a deathless, existential “what’s the point of doing this?” crisis in lower leagues, the way sides that constantly end up 17th to 7th in the Premier League do when merely surviving is the first and only soul-destroying objective.

Since Mick McCarthy appeared to be applying that same principle in the Championship.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X