Sporting will eat itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporting will eat itself

Sporting, who have been in crisis since Luisao scored that header at the Luz in 2005, are now in the crisis nadir, and it's bloidy hilarious.

Their hideous, narcissistic, numbskull, gangster wannabe president Bruno de Carvalho made his customary Facebook posting after Sporting went down admirably to Atletico Madrid 2-0 in the first leg. His post started with a call to arms, asking fans to fill avalade XXI for the return leg. Then, the next paragraph began with, "THIS IS WHAT I SAW:", after which, he slated every player by name.

The next day, players refused to train and later on, captain Rui Patricio released a damning statement on Instagram, which was later copied and posted by every player with a social media account.

Bruno de Carvalho's response? To suspend every player who protested against (suspension announced on Facebook!), declaring, "I'm fed up with these spoilt brats".

Return leg should be interesting. Pacos at 4/1 to beat Sporting in the league tomorrow night even more interesting.

For a good chunk of the season they had a good tilt at winning the league but that defeat to Estoril a few weeks ago was probably the moment that let, what now appears to be, Benfica in.

Comment

Plus Porto's inexplicable collapse after their Liverpool thrashing. Benfica are going to win the league with the poorest first team I can recall them having. Jyst goes to show how good a manager Rui Vitoria is.

Can't wait to listen to Sporting v Paços on the radio tomorrow, it's going to be toxic!

Comment

Unbelievable, Fabio Coentrao has been returned to Real Madrid with immediate effect.

Comment

Hold on Fabio Coentrao is still at real Madrid? Did jose sort him out with a contract extension?

Comment

Yeah, i was surprised at that too.

Bad Dost suspende now, even though he didn't share a message on social media.

Meanwhile, a couple of players who did post messages against the president have now deleted the message and have been unsuspended. Splitters.

Rumour that jorge Jesus will resign tomorrow if he doesn't have his first team available. Others saying that getting rid of Jorge Jesus is part of the president's masterplan.

Comment

Ah bollocks, it seems to know all be resolved. First team arrived for a late training session, Coentrao included.

Comment

Well Benfica were lucky tonight but it'll all be decided next weekend no doubt.

Comment

I can't remember if there's an actual Portuguese league thread or not but does anyone know why Os Belenenses played at the National Stadium over the weekend. Is the Restelo being renovated or have they succumbed to the obvious value of the land and sold it.

The Jamor looks like anyone can just wander in off the street but is probably bigger than it seems.

Comment

The Belenenses situation is a tiny bit like Ron Noades selling Crystal Palace but not selling Selhurst Park, but in Belenenses situation, their equivalent of Noades is possibly a more goodish guy.

Belenenses needed money in 2012 and decided to sell 51% of their shares to a dubious group of investors on the understanding they could buy them back a few years later. During this time, the president of the share holders becomes more recognised and poweful than the president of the club and they fall out, leading to the president of the club expelling the shareholders from using the stadium, so they've taken the team to Jamor and I think Belenenses planned to regiser a new team in the district league but it was opposed. I know that the shareholding president wanted to use the Belenenses team as a part of gestifrut type football factory, bringing in South American players and selling them on.

If you go to the Belenenses website, they've totally removed the senior football team from it, it just has details about the junior teams and multitude of other sports practised at Os Belenenses.

Comment

Actually, just checked the site again, Os Belenenses have a team registered in the first division of the Lisbon district league.

edit: and further checking shows the team in the top flight are now recognised as Os Belenenses SAD, the SAD stands for society of shareholders, I think.

It is sad.

Comment

Sociedade Anónima Desportiva

It is a special kind of public limited company for sporting clubs. Spain has a similar regime.

Comment

Maybe deserving of a thread of it's own - tripping your teammate into making that last ditch block.

http://ligaportugal.vsports.pt/vod/4...1eca4ab97c5a7d

Comment

Working...
                          X