Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My jaw literally dropped when I read that

Comment

They might at least have offered a decent pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc.

Comment

Tonight's Women's Football Show on the BBC asked a few people 'what do you think of Neville's appointment?' and received the answer - paraphrasing a bit - 'it'd be great if there was a woman, but Phil can do a good job'. Nobody said 'I don't agree with his appointment'. I guess there's nobody who thinks that.

Comment

Probably all too stunned speechless to formulate a reply.

Comment

More likely the female pundits have been 'advised' to button it: Alex Scott alluded to the complete wrongness of Neville's crass domestic violence comment on Saturday's Football Focus, which was very quickly brushed over by Dan Walker.

Had this been a race issue, we really - and rightly - wouldn't have come close to this appointment happening, would we? Can you imagine somebody trying to dismiss all that with 'it's not representative of who I am' (or whatever the glib excuse was)?
            Last edited by Jah Womble; 29-01-2018, 16:04.

Comment

I mentioned thd prosecco offer to a colleague (who self describes as a gym bunny) who jokes how she glazes over when I start talking about football, and she said that a free glass would get her interested in playing football. So clearly there is a demographic who would like that offer.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                Tonight's Women's Football Show on the BBC asked a few people 'what do you think of Neville's appointment?' and received the answer - paraphrasing a bit - 'it'd be great if there was a woman, but Phil can do a good job'. Nobody said 'I don't agree with his appointment'. I guess there's nobody who thinks that.
                I've done a bit of work with Doncaster Rovers Belles over the last few years, so follow a fair number of their current and former players on twitter. They certainly didn't and don't agree with his appointment...

"Gutted! Hope the England Women's team provide him with the development and stepping stone he needs! ��"

"Loooool this is so disrespectful to managers within the women’s game"

Comment

I don't think the Prosecco idea is a terrible one, really. Obviously it's a bit cliched, but it's not an offensive offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                    I've done a bit of work with Doncaster Rovers Belles over the last few years, so follow a fair number of their current and former players on twitter. They certainly didn't and don't agree with his appointment...

"Gutted! Hope the England Women's team provide him with the development and stepping stone he needs! ��"

"Loooool this is so disrespectful to managers within the women’s game"
                    Indeed. I've seen a bit of that too, but wasn't entirely surprised that the Beeb couldn't find room to include any of it.

Comment

haha

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/o...oach-32nq79j89

Comment

Got a notification for this thread. Completely forgot I'd started it.

Comment

Were no non-shit coaches available?

Comment

Allardyce is, unfortunately, tied up elsewhere.

Comment

And he's also employed by West Brom.

Comment

Miami fired their manager yesterday, FYI.

Comment

Phil Neville was the answer to a question on the episode of Only Connect I watched today

Comment

Yeah, I got a three pointer on that one.

Comment

This is pretty brutal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-open-for-him

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                                        Couple of points worth noting, the writer implies that Gary Neville being at Valencia helped Phil get the job there, but he had been a coach at the club five months before Gary turned up there as manager. Also he was only covering at Salford for just one game after the manager had been sacked.
                                        Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 08-01-2021, 10:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Couple of points worth noting, the writer implies that Gary Neville being at Valencia helped Phil get the job there, but he had been a coach at the club five months before Gary turned up there as manager. Also he was only covering at Salford for just one game after the manager had been sacked.
                                          Yes, though Valencia was owned by Nevilles' business partner Peter Lim.
                                          Last edited by Bizarre Löw Triangle; 08-01-2021, 11:33.

Comment

Working...
                                          X