X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://app.globoesporte.globo.com/fu...e-b/index.html

And as for Série B....

Average crowd 5218. Occupancy rate 21%.

That average would have been significantly worse without the 28,702 average of champions Fortaleza who had 11 out of the top 12 attendances.

And not a great season for Boa Esporte, relegated with an average attendance of 236, less than 1% of capacity!

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      It is similar in kind to the reason why Canberra is largely bereft of significant clubs in any major Aussie sport other than rugby union, just on a much bigger scale.
      Steady on there, as one of the self-appointed RL ambassadors on this board I have to point out that Canberra Raiders more than hold their end up in the NRL.

Comment

@cantagalo: Yes, Vickery regularly notes that kick-off time and cost are two important factors. It's been a while since I've listened to the podcast but in the past he rarely talked about violence (although he does have a piece in an issue of the Blizzard about being held up at gun point after a Vasco (?) match. He noted that the TV networks prioritize the novelas so night time matches tend to start after the novelas. I assume this is in reference to matches on Globo since SporTV and Premium are 24-hour sports networks.

Comment

Yes, novelas get higher viewing figures than football and earn more advertising revenue so midweek games on Globo always start at 9:45 after the novela finishes.

I did say ‘perceived violence’. In 12 years, I’ve never had a problem at a Brazilian game. Any trouble that does occur is organised well away from the grounds, though it can be lethal. There are several deaths every year.

Tim’s incident was at a Vasco game, though I think it was a regular street robbery rather than football-related. The São Januário is in a tough area and I’m always quite relieved to get safely on the bus, especially after a night game there.

Comment

Working...
          X