Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
    http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/spo...lepool_United/

(Stelling does know what Raj Singh did with Darlo's "football share", doesn't he?)
    He does, so does the supporters trust but they're still prepared to give it a go.

That might seem insane because the worst outcome most of us have been anticipating is a phoenix club playing at the Vic. The feeling that an outcome like that wouldn't be the end of the world was based on the fact that the ground is council owned. After all, they wouldn't flog the lease to the highest bidder and put an end to the town's club would they?

Looks to me like the Trust are seriously concerned that they might. There are NDAs in place that prevent much open discussion but I'm convinced that the HUST board know something that has made them desperate to avoid administration.

There are probably plenty of twists and turns to come though. It appears that former owner and serial company closer Peter Goldberg/Arber is taking legal proceedings against the club and these would be a blocker on any deal. Funnily enough there is also a police investigation into naughtiness that might have been done by people who were formerly at the club.

Comment

Slightly odd one: Hartlepool have apparently changed their registered business address to an accountancy firm in Stockport. Absolutely no idea what that could signify but it seems rather suspicious.

Comment

Merger - got to be. They'll be the Thames Valley Royals of the north. The United Counties of Stocklepool.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
          Merger - got to be. They'll be the Thames Valley Royals of the north. The United Counties of Stocklepool.
          The club were originally known as Hartlepools and I think it was a merger of West Hartlepool and East Hartlepool. Or something like that.

Comment

Ah, I always used to wonder why some people referred to them as Hartlepools. Never sounded quite right.

In other club-names-in-the-plural confusion, Grasshopper Zürich are usually referred to as Grasshoppers - but get this, accuracy friends, the strictly correct term is Grasshopper in the singular. Not that anyone should be giving a fuck either way.

Comment

Also they are always 'Pools' not 'Pool'.

The club itself isn't the result of a merger, but it was indeed called Hartlepools United until the towns of (old) Hartlepool and West Hartlepool formally merged in the 60s as it represents both.

Comment

I know someone who read a biography of Clough that had come free with Four Four Two magazine but " it must be a real cheap edition because of the spelling mistakes. They keep on referring to Hartlepool as Hartlepools ".

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X