Oh, is he still not playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, is he still not playing?

Santi Cazorla has had 9th surgery but still hopes to play again. He's been out for so long I assumed he had left Arsenal, but the details of the injury sound utterly horrific. Good luck to him.

Alan Judge is finally back in training at Brentford, 20 months after the horror tackle by Luke Hyams at Ipswich.

Comment

I was wondering what happened to him after that - he was linked with a move to Turf Moor around about the time it happened. I hope he can recapture that form once more because he looked a wonderful player.

Comment

Yes, we're all hoping. He was on the verge of establishing himself in the Ireland squad so the injury possibly robbed him a place at the Euros. And as he's now 29, I fear he may not get his chance in the Premier League.

Comment

Matt Jarvis hasn't played a first team game for Norwich since May 2016. He's not likely to be fit anytime soon.

We actually bought him when he was injured and he's only started 14 matches in three seasons. I don't think he'll play again.

Comment

Stephen Ireland is currently listed as injured.

Comment

Érik Lamela has only just narrowly avoided the clutches of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                Alan Judge is finally back in training at Brentford, 20 months after the horror tackle by Luke Hyams at Ipswich.
                It's little consolation to Judge, I imagine, but Hyam himself has not played since the final day of that season, a month later. His absence has been due to a series of niggling injuries rather than a crazy leg-breaker, mind.

Comment

This isn't on topic, but I've never seen his name written with that accent before. I wonder where the Guardian got it from.

Comment

His Wikipedia page, it appears

Neither the Tottenham official site nor Lamela's Twitter account include it.

I don't need to tell you that the AFA site is too much of a shambles to check.
                    Last edited by ursus arctos; 30-11-2017, 18:12.

Comment

It's a nightmare to navigate back more than a couple of days, never mind to whenever his last mention on there would have been (I presume connected with the national team). I've never seen it in the Argentine press, even in the publications who do put the accent into Ángel Di María's first name.

Comment

Working...
                      X