We'll win against Welwyn: Weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll win against Welwyn: Weekend matchgoing

Wembley v Welwyn Garden City. Can't be arsed to go to the Wealdstone trophy game...

Burnley vs Arsenal. Assuming my dad gets my season ticket back from my step-brother.

I'm expecting a 2-0 Arsenal win, or yet another last-minute blatant offside / handball winner from Koscielny which is subsequently used as evidence that Arsenal are developing the grit they need to be champions.

Comment

Wales v New Zealand in the rugby. The All Blacks have beaten us twenty-nine times in a row since 1953 and we are missing our three outstanding Lions who did so well against them in the summer through injury as well as other key players.

Making a Jolly Boys Outing of it with a full day in Cardiff prior with my dad, brother and a couple of mates so looking forward to it whatever the result. Hoping we follow Scotland’s lead last week in terms of performance and ambition at least.
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 24-11-2017, 19:43.

Comment

I'm going to watch Walsall at Wimbledon. My (modest for OTF anyway) matchgoing is way down this season.

Comment

I'm glad this thread still gets started here. Does the armchair one, too?

Anyway, I resigned from football, and while I can't quite shake it off completely, I haven't been to a game all season. (Nor watched one on telly.)

Comment

The armchair one seems to have been almost unintentionally rolled in to one season-long TV-watching thread. It’s less satisfying for me personally but that’s the way it’s gone.

Comment

Yeah I am not a fan of the endless threads on any given subject. With the obvious bete noire being that fucking "current reading" one in books

Comment

North Village Rams double header for me this weekend. First against West End Utd in the Corona League tomorrow afternoon, then at home to Somerset Trojans in the Premier Div on Sunday.

Comment

Probably Alfreton Town v Altrincham in the Trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                    The armchair one seems to have been almost unintentionally rolled in to one season-long TV-watching thread. It’s less satisfying for me personally but that’s the way it’s gone.
                    I'm of the opposite opinion. I think it allows for a level of continuity and means we are able to easily refer back to relevant incidents earlier in the season, such as Troy Deeney's cuntitude. I think as long as it doesn't extend beyond the one season then it works for me.

Comment

FA Trophy against Warrington Town. They are a level below us in the NPL, but currently sat in second place. Other than that I couldn't tell you a fucking thing about them.
                      I'm pretty sure we'll lose by the odd goal scored late in the game because Andy Morrell hates cup competitions.

Comment

Carlisle v Morecambe

It might be cos I was in Seville earlier in the week but it's beginning to feel a bit wintry, so this could be the first game this season where I've needed the twin-layer coat.

Comment

Yeah, I'm contemplating the first puffa-jacket of the season.

Comment

I wore my thick socks a couple of weeks ago, I may well upgrade to thick coat and scarf for this one.

Comment

Trnava vs Zilina in Slovakia. Top of the league vs champions. Still not likely to attract more than about 5,000 to the 18,000 capacity stadium. It was a lovely, sunny day in Glasgow last weekend for my visit to Queen's Park. Here there's been a damp, misty cold all week.

Comment

Planning to do the Parkrun at Hyde Park (as in the park in Hyde) then, bearing in mind recent weather, a treble of football on 3G pitches, starting with Brushes Rangers Spartak v Baguely Athletic in the Manchester Saturday Morning League. Then it's on Moston Brook v Parrswood Celtic in the Lancashire & Cheshire League before Manchester Central v Chadderton Reserves in the Manchester League. To finish off the day I'll be going to basketball between Stockport Falcons and Manchester Magic's second team.

Sunday I might go to the handball between Liverpool and NEM Hawks.

Comment

On the 'appropriate clothing' front, it'll be shorts and T-shirt for me this weekend.

Comment

Again, in a thread of the interesting and down right exotic, Trnava, Zilina, North Village Rams and Somerset Trojans indeed, it's Shrewsbury v Bradford for me.

Seems like weeks since we were at home, because it is.

Despite our win at Rotherham last Saturday, it seems like we're on a bit of a slump. Talk of bickering among the players, Paul Hurst publicly having a go at players and three key players missing from a light squad.

Bradford to win, me to feel glad that we are on 40 points already and then convince myself that we can win 4 more games before April.

Comment

Notts County v Colchester

Notts were very unimpressive the last time I saw them and I confess to knowing nothing about the current Colchester team. Maybe I’m in for a pleasant surprise.

And on Sunday

Nottingham Forest v Cardiff

I must be mad to subject myself to Neil Warnock for the second time in just over a week. Hoping that this time the ball remains in play for more than 50% of the game.

Comment

Doncaster Rovers vs FranchiseMK

Fanzine sales day so I'll be wearing all the layers possible

Comment

Not sure whether my new Helen Love scarf is quite right for football, suitable temperatures notwithstanding.

Edit: photo removed as it was a bit big/dazzling.
                                          Last edited by Benjm; 24-11-2017, 21:23.

Comment

Aw, I want to see it now.

Comment

In that case, back by popular demand....

Comment

What I particularly like about it is that I got sent home from school once for wearing a Pringle tanktop in the black/red/white argyle design instead of the regulation grey knitwear.

Comment

Ice Hockey on Sunday night for me. Cardiff Devils at home. Someone else sorted the tickets so I don't know who they are playing. But I do know it's Pride Night at thd IAW.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X