People at your club who were actual prisoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
    Those FA Cup reunions and BBC flashbacks will now be a little more awkward ...

Ricky George sent to prison for money laundering.
    He's just carrying on the grand tradition of giant-killing heroes getting banged-up for financially-related crimes. If he also gets stabbed in the arse with a screwdriver, then lightning really does strike twice.

Comment

Jamie Clarke didn't have much of a career with Accrington, Rotherham and Lincoln ten or so years ago, but his criminality is rather more impressive -
      Sentenced to 15 years for kidnap and torture (including scalding genitals and forced dancing to Whitney Houston), while he was moving a sizeable amount of Class A product around Batley.

Comment

I can't think, off the top of my head, of any convicts who went on to play for Cheltenham (although I'm sure there's at least 1), however I can think of a few who have done time since.

Chris Zebroski - 4 years for a number of offences including assault and attempted robbery.
        Josh Payne - 12 months for ABH and Common Assault
        Elvis Hammond - 12 months for international money laundering
        David Pipe - 38 months for fracturing the skull of another man in an unprovoked attack

Comment

We were never comfortable having Marlon King playing for us. Seem to remember him being interviewed on Radio 5 when his wife answered all the questions.

Comment

Along with the more well known jailbirds Sheffield United have seen fit to employ down the years was a charmer called Ashley Sestanovich. Better known as acting as a body double for Thierry Henry than for his football ability he was banged up for an armed robbery that went wrong where a security guard was killed.

Comment

Adam Johnson: Sex offender.
              Jamie Lawrence: Sub post office robber. Terry Butcher signed him from HMP.
              Wotsisface Byrne: Burgled a chemists and harboured a fugitive in his club financed hotel room. (Played for Stockport iirc).
              How Darron Gibson avoided porridge earlier this year is beyond me. Wrote off five cars a couple of miles apart in two drunk driving incidents at noon on the way to a Saturday home match. Has previous as well. Suspended sentence, ban and fine iirc. Allowed us to get him off the wage bill.
              Last edited by White No Sugar; 14-10-2018, 09:40.

Comment

Working...
              X