Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HORN
    replied
    I’m struggling to think of a goalkeeper but apart from that I could probably name a Newport convicts XI.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeam
    replied
    Others I can think of are Gary Madine, Marlon King, Duncan Fergusson. Ched Evans obviously did time too. I vaguely remember Nathan Blake having been in trouble for theft (leading to Blades fans serenading him with "He's black, he's mean, he robbed a fruit machine") but I'm not sure if he did time for that. Edinburgh City recently signed a convicted sex offender (Craig Thomson) but, again, I don't think he went to prison...

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Not my club but heard a great story about Robin Friday, when he was at Cardiff he didn't turn up at pre season training much to the managers anger, the following week they were playing a pre season friendly and one of the subs heard a banging on the back of the dugout. It was Friday "tell the boss I'll be back on Monday" he got a three month sentence for stealing lead off a church roof but managed to get released early for good behaviour

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Not sure any went to prison but there was a group of bad boys playing for Shrewsbury in the early naughties who got into bother with the police.

Leave a comment:

• JM Footzee
    replied
    Troy Deeney at Watford, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeam
    started a topic People at your club who were actual prisoners

People at your club who were actual prisoners

Not as interesting as the thread on players with parents who were political prisoners, but would be interesting to know. There's some obviously relatively well-known names, but I'd be guessing three or four at one team would be pretty good (bad?) going...
Working...
X