The Mating Of the Wersh? Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mating Of the Wersh? Weekend Matchgoing

Rotherham United v Shrewsbury Town. Any Salopians present?

Not me. Off to Cardiff v Brentford instead.

Comment

Are Tan United playing at home on Saturday afternoon then? I'm taking my boy to Wales v Georgia at the Millennium and it didn't occur to me that the Stade de Farce would be in use - better change my parking plans!

Comment

Yep. 3pm KO.

Football don't make way for rugby no more

Comment

I'm sure it still does sometimes, perhaps not for a game against Georgia though. Though if they're really not scheduling to allow for double-headers any more that's yet another reason I'm glad I jacked them in.

Comment

[non football]
            I'm going to Gillingham to see London GD play the second leg of their EHF Women's Challenge Cup 3rd Round fixture against ACME-Žalgiris Kaunas. GD Are unlikely to win by the 30 goals they'd need to go forward after losing the first leg 42:13 in Lithuania but it's still the highest quality handball that's been played in the UK since the Olympics.

Throw off is at 1800 in Medway Park and tickets can be bought at this link for £5 and u16 free.

ACME-Žalgiris are quite a storied team having won the Champions Cup in '67, '68 and '69 as well as the Soviet Championship in '66 & '67.[/non football]

Comment

Corona League action on Saturday with the 'ex-pat' derby of Robin Hood vs Flanagans Onions. On Sunday it is back to the Premier Div with a match between Dandy Town Hornets and Young Men's Social Club. I would expect 2 home victories (I say 'home', all Corona League games are played at the same venue, but Hood are the first name on the fixture list). Out of interest, for any game here I will do a maximum round trip of 20 miles.

Comment

Blackburn at home. One of the fixtures I looked forward to in the summer. I'm dreading it after the Woking game.

I'm taking 79-year-old Allan Jackson, who joined Bury from Wolves in 1959, played in the 1961 Third Division championship-winning side and then moved on to Brighton. He used to be a lay preacher which prevented him playing on Good Friday, so I may have to watch my language if the humping is as anticipated.

Comment

You're quite close then?

Comment

Utrecht v Excelsior. No. 8 v No. 7 in the Eredivisie. Home banker!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      You're quite close then?
                      I'm anticipating sobbing on his shoulder by 4.30pm tomorrow.

Comment

Possibly Fisher FC v Lydd Town in the <deep breath> Southern counties east football league (the old kent league renamed it seems) division 1 (ie 2).

Fisher are a phoenix of Fisher Athletic, and now play back on Salter Road, at a ground opposite the site of Athletic's old Surrey docks stadium.

Comment

Plan is the Lancashire Amateur Cup last 16 tie between Burnley Belvedere and Prestwich, followed by ice hockey involving Blackburn Hawks and Billingham Stars.

Comment

Originally posted by N est à? View Post
                            Possibly Fisher FC v Lydd Town in the <deep breath> Southern counties east football league (the old kent league renamed it seems) division 1 (ie 2).

Fisher are a phoenix of Fisher Athletic, and now play back on Salter Road, at a ground opposite the site of Athletic's old Surrey docks stadium.
                            Southern Counties East League First Division, to give it the even fuller title. I went to a SCEFL Premier Division game in the week, Beckenham Town v Rochester United (a very entertaining 4-2 win for the hosts who had a lovely little set up), and struggled with quite how to refer to the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                              I'm anticipating sobbing on his shoulder by 4.30pm tomorrow.

Stop it, you saucepot!

Comment

AFC Emley v FC Bolsover.

Comment

If I'm organised enough Buxton vs Grantham Town.

Comment

After two days watching the tennis at the O2 I'm hoping the trains run on time in the morning and I'll get home in time to nip to Southport v Blyth Spartans.

Comment

Trying to somehow avoid another home defeat against leaders Dover. I didn't imagine I'd be writing a sentence like that four years ago, even as an inveterate pessimist.

Comment

Cardiff v Brentford

Reasonably confident with a 9 game unbeaten run but at the same time concerned that we’re up against this evil genius.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDsjY3uFdE

Edit: Patrick Thistle - tried to send a PM but your message box is full. You must be much more popular than me. Don’t think I’ve received one since about 2009.
                                        Last edited by cantagalo; 17-11-2017, 18:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          Southern Counties East League First Division, to give it the even fuller title. I went to a SCEFL Premier Division game in the week, Beckenham Town v Rochester United (a very entertaining 4-2 win for the hosts who had a lovely little set up), and struggled with quite how to refer to the competition.
                                          I saw the massive Tun Wells v Rusthall (a village adjoining TW) derby game in the SCEFL League Cup last weekend. 3-2 AET and a decent crowd of 350ish for a tier 9 equivalent of the Paint Pot or whatever stupid name the FL Trophy has now. My inner pedant wanted to collar a committee suit to tut about the competition being named the SCEF League-League Cup, but of course I didn’t. And I tend to pronounce this mouthfall of a League the Skeffle.

Think I’ll give Orient a miss again this weekend: despite feeling duty bound to buy a season ticket to celebrate the departure of the terrible Becchetti regime, I’ve only used it 3 times so far. That might seem like poor value, but with E10s finest being completely pants for the most part after an OK start I can’t say I’m upset about skipping mostly grim home losses.

Comment

@Cantaglo

I've deleted 2 of the 7 messages I had in my inbox.

Comment

Old Bradwell United v Newport Pagnell Town Reserves in the Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy 3rd Round.

Comment

Lincoln v Coventry. Will be in the Fanzone from 12 noon selling copies of 'Impvasion', a fund-raising book for the Youth Academy that resulted from a competition inviting fans to send in stories of their away day experiences over the past 50 years (I co-judged and edited it). Come and say hello if you're at the game.

Comment

Bloody minute's silence, made amusing by a poor trumpeter...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X