No announcement yet.

Managerial merry go round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry: Sinisa Mijhailovic has managed 5 Italian clubs AND NOT LAZIO?

Comment

He didn't leave on the best of terms and was for quite a while in the running for "bigger" jobs.

Comment

Pardew moves on to five.

Comment

How long will it take before the rumours of what Pardew gets up to behind the scenes surface at the Baggies? It's Christmas party season so not long.

Comment

Bingo!

Comment

One can only hope this goes as well as everyone must surely imagine it will.

Comment

Fuck me, that's a weird sentence to parse. Soz.

Comment

So that just leaves Pulis to rock up at Swansea before Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                    So that just leaves Pulis to rock up at Swansea before Christmas.
                    That would really show how far we've fallen and deservedly so. He'll either be with us or Wales and I'd be happy to save Wales the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                      One can only hope this goes as well as everyone must surely imagine it will.
                      "I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit." As han solo said to luke Skywalker in star wars. I'm currently imagining him taking us to the fa cup final at the end of season. If he did so for West ham and palace then surely it's not unthinkable he could do it for us?

Palace at home on Saturday will be a pretty tasty start. Not so keen on the fact that John carver has turned up in tow though.

Comment

Yeah, not sure where I was going with that, really; other than the fact I can't stand Allardyce (spit). As you were.

Comment

Off Twitter:

Last 12 yrs:
                          Palace: Pulis, Pardew, Allardyce, Hodgson
                          WBA: Hodgson, Pulis, Pardew
                          West Ham: Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes
                          Newcastle: Allardyce, Pardew
                          Everton: Moyes, Allardyce
                          Fulham: Hodgson, Hughes
                          Sunderland: Allardyce, Moyes
                          Stoke: Pulis, Hughes
                          Blackburn: Hughes, Allardyce

Comment

That's Tony Pulis's empty seat there.

Comment

This is Pardew’s fifth Premier League appointment. The Everton gig is Allardyce’s seventh in the Premier League. David Moyes has only had four jobs at Premier League clubs, though he has also coached in La Liga. Over the course of a combined career that amounts to sixty-three years, they've won promotion from the second tier four times, from the third tier twice, and from the fourth tier once, one Football League Trophy, one Community Shield and one League of Ireland First Division title.

Between them, though, they've only been relegated from the Premier League twice and that's the key, so far as I can see. Hiring these people is about not getting relegated and having greater ambition. But that's football nowadays. It's not about winning trophies, it's about not cutting off the source of all that lovely money.
                              Last edited by My Name Is Ian; 30-11-2017, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                                Off Twitter:

Last 12 yrs:
                                Palace: Pulis, Pardew, Allardyce, Hodgson
                                WBA: Hodgson, Pulis, Pardew
                                West Ham: Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes
                                Newcastle: Allardyce, Pardew
                                Everton: Moyes, Allardyce
                                Fulham: Hodgson, Hughes
                                Sunderland: Allardyce, Moyes
                                Stoke: Pulis, Hughes
                                Blackburn: Hughes, Allardyce
                                And yet it's foreign managers who are getting in the way of young English coaches getting a chance in the Premier League.

Comment

In Germany, the coaches with most Bundesliga clubs, 8 each, are Otto Rehhagel and Felix Magath.

Rehhagel: Kickers Offenbach, Werder Bremen, Dortmund, Bielefeld, Düsseldorf, Bayern, Kaiserslautern, Hertha BSC. He had two stints at Werder; as short one in the 1970s and then the long reign.

Magath: Hamburg, Nürnberg, Werder Bremen, Frankfurt, VfB Stuttgart, Bayern München, Schalke 04, Wolfsburg

In terms of non-consecutive stints, Heynckes is the king, thanks to being called back to Bayern every 15 minutes.

Of the current coaches, all but three are at their first or second Bundesliga club. Heynckes has been at five (Mönchengladbach, Frankfurt, Schalke 04, Leverkusen, Bayern), as has evil-eyed Dieter Hecking (Alemannia Aachen, Hannover 96, Nürnberg, Wolfsburg, Mönchengladbach).

Comment

Working...
                                  X