• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang on...

Comment

Absolute shiteist world champions in living memory

Battered

Comment

That's probably par for the course, isn't it.

Comment

Italy didn't qualify for Euro 84, fairly poor in 2008.

Comment

France have no excuse. the Team that traditionally wins the world cup has an average age of about 28, with key components in their 30's. which means that two years later they're frequently fucked. But the French Team that won the world cup were basically children by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
              Belgium won the gold medal in the 1920 Olympics.
              Wow, I stand corrected! Also: what was up with the organization of that tournament? The rules seem to be made up on the spot. Why was France not in the silver-and-bronze tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                Absolute shiteist world champions in living memory

Battered
                Ryan Babeled, even.

I think it's fair to say that not appointing Koeman directly after the 2014 world cup is one of the worst mistakes the KNVB has ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                  Wow, I stand corrected! Also: what was up with the organization of that tournament? The rules seem to be made up on the spot. Why was France not in the silver-and-bronze tournament?
                  Great Britain's only goal of that tournament was scored by a cricketer who also played for the Corinthians. As the final was apparently abandoned amid scenes of chaos after complaints about the decisions of the 65-year-old British referee in favour of the hosts and a pitch invasion by partying Belgian soldiers I think it's fair to assume no-one's comparing that tournament to a World Cup.
                  Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 17-11-2018, 15:14.

Comment

I see James Lawrence, formerly of AS Trencin, started for Wales. I'd be pretty sure that Wales have never fielded a player with such a clipped RP accent. Was he any good?

Comment

Originally posted by jameswba View Post
                      I see James Lawrence, formerly of AS Trencin, started for Wales. I'd be pretty sure that Wales have never fielded a player with such a clipped RP accent. Was he any good?
                      Wrong Lawrence. Tom started.

James may play the friendly against Albania.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                        Wrong Lawrence. Tom started.

James may play the friendly against Albania.
                        Ah, thanks for the correction.

Comment

What the bloody hell's happened to Albania since Euro 2016? They're being absolutely filleted at home (4-0 and counting) by a deeply average Scotland team.

Comment

4-0 final score, Albania relegated to Group D.

Comment

Albania may not be relegated - the other groups in League C, each containing four teams, do relegate their bottom sides. However the fourth side relegated to League D is the third placed finisher with the worst record against the top two in their group.

Albania will finish third in Group 1 with 3 points. Cyprus are guaranteed to finish third in Group 4 and currently have 1 point (ignoring results against the fourth placed side) - to move ahead of Albania they need to beat Norway (who themselves need a win to maximise their chances of promotion).

In Group 2 Hungary are currently third, but could move up to second with a win over promoted Finland combined with a Greek defeat at home to relegated Estonia. If the Greeks win, Hungary will finish third but will be guaranteed survival as long as they don't lose by more than six. Even if the Greeeks do drop to third, they will have six points against their groups top two, so cannot be relegated.

In Group 4 Montenegro are currently third and, as it stands, are the worst third place team. They host Romania, who will drop to third if the Montenegrins win. Romania would have three points against the top two, but would only be relegated if they lost by eight and Cyprus won. Should Montenegro fail to beat Romania they will finish third with either 1 point (if they lose) or 2 points (if they draw).

It's most likely going to be between Cyprus and Montenegro. Both currently have a goal difference of -3 in relevant matches, with Cyprus having scored one more, so if both lose every goal could be crucial.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                Italy didn't qualify for Euro 84, fairly poor in 2008.
                                Fairly poor in 2008? You mean nearly beat the eventual winners (ball cleared off the line in extra time) before losing to them on penalties?

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                  Fairly poor in 2008? You mean nearly beat the eventual winners (ball cleared off the line in extra time) before losing to them on penalties?
                                  Netherlands 3-0 Italy
                                  Italy 1-1 Romania
                                  France 0-2 Italy
                                  Spain 0-0 Italy, Spain win after penalties.

That doesn't look like a vintage tournament to me.

Comment

Kane could've been a bit more patient with that.

Comment

Passing - especially through balls - has been of a high quality. The finishing - not so much.

Comment

Kalinic has been excellent, though

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                          The finishing - not so much.
                                          Rebic would like to confirm your statement.

Comment

Rashford is impressing this half...

Comment

Perisic has not been himself since the World Cup

Comment

There's the sucker punch.

Comment

There we go, classic case of.

Comment

I was wondering why Kramaric was taking soo crazy long while Perisic was open wide, but a goal is a goal and it's hard to argue with that outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X